Pet speed

halygon

Grandmaster
Why were they slowed down so much? It's horrible!
Several reasons, but the primary one is PvP, which is involved in all aspects of UO (as we know).

Fast pets make it real easy to run around full speed and sic your pets on someone.

Pet speed for factions has been slow for a good while for the exact reason, but it was problematic. Non-faction players (red or blue) could take advantage of the slower faction pets with faster pets of their own. This inequality essentially forced the dev-staff to find a middle ground.

The faction pet speed was made the same as non-faction pet speed and the overal pet speed was placed in the middle between the old faction pet speed and the old non-faction pet speed.

As a comparison though, in most every other shard to date, pet speed is slower than the new UOF pet speed (about the same speed as the old faction pet speed).

It is a big change for everyone (faction and non-faction) but it was needed for the best interest of UOF as a whole.

AssHat

Grandmaster
its a small way of nerfing pets in pvp which hurts the people who want nothing to do with pking/pvping and want to establish themselves on here.

uof needs disclaimer now its gearing more towards pvp and less pvm/pve/economy.
(because why farm when you can just pk someone for what you need with little to no work or skill)

i for one hate the pet changes that are always going, especially the ones they dont tell anyone about.. (riddable wolfs & ore elementals). if at least one part of your playing expereince on UOF is being nerfed, you are not playing enough.

#MetaPet0MetaClasses1

and yes my flying dragon should be able to run you down and kill you, ITS A FUCKING FLYING DRAGON and you are trying to kill me, go get better skill, be a pk tamer and keep other pets busy and fight the tamer you ***** pvpers/pkers.... god your tears flow so hard on UOF to get this nerf...

its a small way of nerfing pets in pvp which hurts the people who want nothing to do with pking/pvping and want to establish themselves on here.

uof needs disclaimer now its gearing more towards pvp and less pvm/pve/economy.
(because why farm when you can just pk someone for what you need with little to no work or skill)

i for one hate the pet changes that are always going, especially the ones they dont tell anyone about.. (riddable wolfs & ore elementals). if at least one part of your playing expereince on UOF is being nerfed, you are not playing enough.

#MetaPet0MetaClasses1

and yes my flying dragon should be able to run you down and kill you, ITS A FUCKING FLYING DRAGON and you are trying to kill me, go get better skill, be a pk tamer and keep other pets busy and fight the tamer you ***** pvpers/pkers.... god your tears flow so hard on UOF!!!
I've never known felucca UO to have pvm without pvp. No disclaimer needed.

Harry Berries

Grandmaster
Tears bring change. How many cry threads of teleporting pets raping eqms have there been. I thought we made defense talismans to affect pvp to counter pets. Now they need to be slower too. Lol. Power is licking their chops the last week.. (Defense talisman pk guild)
Meta game is real in pvp

thinking abut yourself and not the new people coming to play a server they have no idea the mechanics or what.
It's not about me, although I am right. Set the expectations for the new players up front that pvp WILL BE IN EVERYTHING and to look out for it if they don't like it, is the best you can possibly do for anyone. Trying to segregate it from PVE/PVM like I keep reading is just dumb and screws over new players. UO is about the full experience of risk vs reward, not just reward.

AssHat

Grandmaster
I've never known felucca UO to have pvm without pvp. No disclaimer needed.

just in game at wbb: vetplayer Zorodemon " its hardcore here" "be prepared to die"
new player PharrRa: ok :/

i couldnt have seen something better happen in this time, wait till you play here longer than a week or so before you mouth off on things you have no idea about.

just in game at wbb: vetplayer " its hardcore here" "be prepared to die"
new player: ok :/

i couldnt have seen something better happen in this time, wait till you play here longer than a week or so before you mouth off on things you have no idea about.
Well, in my "week" of playing UOF, I am pretty sure telling a new player that and helping them prepare for it is what UO is all about.

...Or did you as a new player run around with flowers in your hair, singing tra la la, while no PKs, theives, or other players interrupted your PVM? Maybe you had a special experience that led you to believe that PVP is not a part of all aspects?