Pet Stats

Lexington

Grandmaster
Just a thought….. I'd like to see the ability for tamed animals to have their stats trained to max...?? If not trained maybe the option to purchase max stats from an animal trainer?

Messremb

Grandmaster
Harken has it right. Owning l33t pets is what keeps the taming market running. it also makes buying summoning balls worth it. Just cause I have a tamer doesn't mean I don't hate Farming, don't take away one of my main forms of income.

Lexington

Grandmaster
Harken has it right. Owning l33t pets is what keeps the taming market running. it also makes buying summoning balls worth it. Just cause I have a tamer doesn't mean I don't hate Farming, don't take away one of my main forms of income.

If you have a tamer you're making way more coin then the odd 50 to 100k I see people selling good stat Dragons and WW's for. You'll make that easily farming gold for about an hour. It could take weeks to find a good stat dragon that someone will actually pay you for. I give most of mine away for free. The only tamed pets that are selling for real coin are the rarest and those will sell for big bucks no matter what their stats are. This ability will give those that have spent the countless hour is takes to 7 x GM a pet a little bonus is all. It might honestly create a whole new taming economy for those who will put the work into training??

Messremb

Grandmaster
I sold a WW for 650k and a dragon for 400k. I sell decent stat pets to new tamer for between 10-50k. and most good stat pets for 100k +.

also did you miss the part where I hate farming?

if this happened there would be no market for pets. any Pet can become max stat so why buy one when you can tame one. 7XGM pets have value on there own, no need to increase it.

Lexington

Grandmaster
I sold a WW for 650k and a dragon for 400k. I sell decent stat pets to new tamer for between 10-50k. and most good stat pets for 100k +.

also did you miss the part where I hate farming?

if this happened there would be no market for pets. any Pet can become max stat so why buy one when you can tame one. 7XGM pets have value on there own, no need to increase it.

All new non GM tamers buy pets... there will still be pet a market, like there always has been a pet market, maybe just not the same market.

Bromista

Grandmaster
If you have a tamer you're making way more coin then the odd 50 to 100k I see people selling good stat Dragons and WW's for. You'll make that easily farming gold for about an hour. It could take weeks to find a good stat dragon that someone will actually pay you for. I give most of mine away for free. The only tamed pets that are selling for real coin are the rarest and those will sell for big bucks no matter what their stats are. This ability will give those that have spent the countless hour is takes to 7 x GM a pet a little bonus is all. It might honestly create a whole new taming economy for those who will put the work into training??
I don't believe it would create a new market, only destroy the existing one. Pet stats don't matter half as much as people believe. It's honestly baffling to me the way people obsess over stats here.

And you are wrong about the only pets selling for a lot being the rare ones! Have you seen how many "amazing" stat pets (that are actually quite mediocre in some cases) selling for hundreds of k? The forums have been flooded lately, everybody has "amazing" pets for sale it seems.

I am seeing so many "X stats short of perfect" drags and wyrms and shit where the sellers only give you the stats they deem important. I saw a "perfect" WW selling the other day that was 26 points short on DEX. DEX matters too, so if you're gonna be picky and obsess over STR/Hits and INT you need to be picky across the board. You can't pick and choose.

Just an observation of an annoying trend. Rant over.

I'm gonna say fuck farming for gold/items. I'm just gonna farm tameables and sell AMAZING pets lol!

Messremb

Grandmaster
I am seeing so many "X stats short of perfect" drags and wyrms and shit where the sellers only give you the stats they deem important. I saw a "perfect" WW selling the other day that was 26 points short on DEX. DEX matters too, so if you're gonna be picky and obsess over STR/Hits and INT you need to be picky across the board. You can't pick and choose.

Sometimes I feel like a broken record about this, Dex don't matter on all high end Pets. any Dex over 90 just helps with following speed. if you need the numbers to back this up I can provide them.
also the only pet I know of with Dex over 105 is a WW, so since Dex can train up to 100 you are never more than 5 short on dex on any pet other that a WW.

More Hits affects the survivability of a pet, more Str affects the physical attacks of the pet, More Int affects the amount of mana. Its true that a 5 point difference may be minuscule but When you add in bragging rights its worth it to me.

Lexington you just need to stop being lazy and go out and find a good pet. there is no reason to do this other than to promote laziness in tamers.

Bromista

Grandmaster
People go nuts over a few skill pts, so the 5 DEX on a dragon or mare is substantial enough to be mentioned if a pet is "near-perfect" instead of being completely left out.

DEX on a WW makes a substantial difference, no doubt about it.

In both cases if bragging rights are all someone is after...then sheeeesh.

Lexington

Grandmaster
Lexington you just need to stop being lazy and go out and find a good pet. there is no reason to do this other than to promote laziness in tamers.

Lazy.... lazy. Really! I 7GM my pets.... that's not lazy. I don't go out to find the perfect stat dragon so I can “Brag” about it.... and or sell it to some new tamer making them think it will be invincible.

Messremb

Grandmaster
lol getting your pets 7xGM just takes farming that's all. so yes Lazy. get off your ass and scout spawns if you want a perfect pet.

Bro we will have to agree to disagree.

Bromista

Grandmaster
I reckon so :)

I'll leave the fad to others...some are pretty honest about it but some people are clearly siezing the opportunity to take advantage of the influx of fresh tamers.

The word perfect is getting thrown around way too much. You don't see people selling "perfect" durable vanq supreme acc weapons, so why are people selling "perfect" durable vanq supreme acc pets?

Lexington

Grandmaster
I reckon so :)

I'll leave the fad to others...some are pretty honest about it but some people are clearly siezing the opportunity to take advantage of the influx of fresh tamers.

The word perfect is getting thrown around way too much. You don't see people selling "perfect" durable vanq supreme acc weapons, so why are people selling "perfect" durable vanq supreme acc pets?

I perfect pet would be one you could train to it's max! Then that would be worth something.

Bromista

Grandmaster
Butttt when everybody has a thing it becomes devalued.

I guess what I am saying is there's a fine line that must be walked here. Pets with better stats need to be more valuable for there to.be a market.

However that market is currently whack as mediocre pets are being overvalued.

It's only temporary though. Pet bonding basically gaurantees that the market will level out eventually.

Harken110

Expert

I guess what I am saying is there's a fine line that must be walked here. Pets with better stats need to be more valuable for there to.be a market.

It's only temporary though. Pet bonding basically gaurantees that the market will level out eventually.

I think that'll take a long while if at all. Everyday it seems like there is a new tamer or two in the works which is so since to be honest the only way you're going to subdue dragons, balrons, some elementals, and etc is from taming. Sure archer provoke or mage provoke can do the job but no where near as efficient as tamer/provoke.

So until there's something else that can be compete with the tamer template in pve I just don't see the market for Decent through Perfect stat pets bottoming out.

Bromista

Grandmaster
I suppose you are right. Seems like I'm seeing new tamers every other day although it does kinda come and go in waves.

Messremb

Grandmaster

http://www.uoforum.com/threads/pets-for-sale-rare-white-horse-and-several-mares.22519/#post-143732

lol

Bro most of those mares are the kind I would murder looking for a statue, and the few I might try and sell your selling for way more than I would. I only ever auction off the best. usually within 10 points of perfect. the rest I either give away or sell for less than 40k every time.

but I do know what you mean. Lots of people are trying to sell crap dragons that only have max HP claiming its most important (which is complete bull shit) and they are selling them for 50k+.

but on that same note, why not if people are dumb enough to pay it. the only reason I don't list shit like that is I like being known for selling the best.

Bromista

Grandmaster
http://www.uoforum.com/threads/pets-for-sale-rare-white-horse-and-several-mares.22519/#post-143732

lol

Bro most of those mares are the kind I would murder looking for a statue, and the few I might try and sell your selling for way more than I would. I only ever auction off the best. usually within 10 points of perfect. the rest I either give away or sell for less than 40k every time.

but I do know what you mean. Lots of people are trying to sell crap dragons that only have max HP claiming its most important (which is complete bull shit) and they are selling them for 50k+.

but on that same note, why not if people are dumb enough to pay it. the only reason I don't list shit like that is I like being known for selling the best.
What's so funny? My prices are dirt cheap and I sold my shittiest mare for 10k today.

I don't care at all about having a reputation for selling the best anything. I care about undercutting and moving things quickly/easily. And I do just that. Couple of these mares I have had for a while but they all sell eventually.