Pets skill gains

agauo

Master
I'm cool without SS on pets if you can raise skills normally, beyond GM, ans at a decent rate. Things were fine before the changes.

It blows my mind, though, that people ***** tamers who point issues because TAMING IS SO OP OOOOOO. Make a tamer, buy scrolls. 5 mil in PS for taming. 2 for lore, another 2 for provo. AT LEAST, 20 ss, usually 30-40.

That is a 17 mil investment just to have a template that nets you a 30-50k per hour bonus when compared to an archer.

And you didn't buy a meta or a stone or any relic yet.

Sonuva is worth around 20 mil including the meta, excluding my other pets.

And not only that, no champ would ever be done if noone wanted to invest that kind of gold into a char.

By beyond GM you mean pets skilling past 100? Not good idea..

I don't care if it cost 500 mil to make a tamer or a super evo ancient meta dragon wyrm hatchling egg I don't believe tamers should have any sort of greater advantage when it comes to pvp. Same goes with any other items/pets/clothing/etc. PvP balance should not be effected by who has more gold.

agauo

Master
Meta pets skills are capped at GM for pvp. Do your research before hand please.

I'm sorry I don't have any sort of tamer.. However I do know that tamers in their current state are extremely strong in both PVM and PVP standards and know that they are definitely not in need of any of the buffs you or your tamer buddies are proposing.

yourdaddy

Grandmaster
What buff? Noone is asking for a buff. Resist was already hard to raise before. And even if it was a buff, how would it affect pvp?

The classic tamer template, after eating all PS, has 90 magery, 70 med, no resist.

You die to this, you suck balls.

VFingerDiscount

Grandmaster
I'm sorry I don't have any sort of tamer.. However I do know that tamers in their current state are extremely strong in both PVM and PVP standards and know that they are definitely not in need of any of the buffs you or your tamer buddies are proposing.
PvP tamer and PvM tamer are vastly different... Why would you even comment on tamers if you admit that you don't even play one....

signature field is blank

agauo

Master
What buff? Noone is asking for a buff. Resist was already hard to raise before. And even if it was a buff, how would it affect pvp?

The classic tamer template, after eating all PS, has 90 magery, 70 med, no resist.

You die to this, you suck balls.

Increasing pet skill gain/getting rid of pet stat loss/other things you tamers are proposing are buffs... Everything posted in this thread besides my suggestion is a buff.. How would this effect pvp? Higher skills mean more damage and better spells. What you trammies don't realize is that by buffing your PVM capabilities (which tamers already have the greatest advantage on the shard) you also are making people who use their tamers for PVP even stronger.

PvP tamer and PvM tamer are vastly different... Why would you even comment on tamers if you admit that you don't even play one....

signature field is blank

because by buffing one you are inherently buffing the other... I may not play a tamer but I believe I have more merit commenting about anything regarding PVP than you or anyone else posting in this thread.

The fact of the matter is people that play BY FAR the best template on the shard (both pvm/pvp) are complaining and wanting buffs.

Messremb

Grandmaster
Meta pets skills are capped at GM for pvp. Do your research before hand please.
Seriously are you incapable of reading? This "buff" would in no way help pvp tamers. Please press alt f4 before you destroy any creditability you have left.

Thanks,

agauo

Master
Seriously are you incapable of reading? This "buff" would in no way help pvp tamers. Please press alt f4 before you destroy any creditability you have left.

Thanks,

How would this effect pvp? Higher skills mean more damage and better spells. What you trammies don't realize is that by buffing your PVM capabilities (which tamers already have the greatest advantage on the shard) you also are making people who use their tamers for PVP even stronger.

The fact of the matter is people that play BY FAR the best template on the shard (both pvm/pvp) are complaining and wanting buffs.

Please stick to commenting on things that you have some sort of relevancy in. Things that effect the economy or something. Changes to the decorations around brit bank or prettier clothes that you can wear. Do not chime in on things that can in any way effect PvP.

Thanks,

Messremb

Grandmaster
Let me try and penetrate that coconut you call a head one more time.

Skills that scale past GM act as GM when attacking a player.

So if my 130 magery meta pet attacks you, he would be the same effectiveness as a GM magery dragon attacking you.

What this means is that a meta pet is no more effective in pvp than a normal dragon.

Now if you want to complain about pvp tamers please feel free to start a thread about it, this thread has nothing to do with tamer pvp.

And fyi, I am all for pvp tamer nerfs, but they need to find a way to leave pvm tamers out of it as they are already weak.

Shini

Master
I am all for pvp tamer nerfs, but they need to find a way to leave pvm tamers out of it as they are already weak.

How are they weak can you eleborate please ?
I'd be curious to hear why you think so.

Last edited by a moderator:

Messremb

Grandmaster
A pvm tamer has no resisting spells or wrestling. Even mage tamers usually lack one or the other. That means they are easy to kill, especially when there pets are tired up fighting a mob.

Bromista

Grandmaster
Said it before and I'll say it again. Slow skill gain is not a legit reason to complain.

Skills not being able to be raised beyond a certain point (while still below cap) or skills not being able to be raised at all (like poisoning on a high level meta, for example) are things that have clearly been overlooked and could use addressing.

Lexington

Grandmaster
Seriously? ... I could try to argue with you or simply just say EV 2.0 but they can't be dispelled tho i tried.

nothing to argue about... I was simply askin' a question.

Since you mentioned EV's... I don't really consider them pets... and YES, they are too damn fast! :)

yourdaddy

Grandmaster
I am sorry but if you think a pet resist skill will have any impact on PVP you're brain dead. Unless you run around with your mage dumping pets.

VFingerDiscount

Grandmaster
I'm no expert long term tamer but from my hunting experience the only time that my pets die in pvm is:

1) lag/lose connection (unavoidable therefore moot)

2) Failure to hit recall macro as soon as a red name flashes on screen or a blue name casts a suspect spell

3) riding the line of mob too strong for pets but going for it and healing and mana completely redlined

4) additional spawn pops and too slow to discern that pets can't handle it

5) missing a critical Provo

All of these usually come down to being too stubborn or too proud to haul ass at the FIRST sign of trouble

Lately I have been considerably more conservative with my hunts and provos and reacting immediately when its evident that pets won't win or that red name pops onscreen and ... Viola! My pets easily gain 1+ points of resist in an evening of hunting.

All in all I'm happy with the ability to pretty much go anywhere solo with pets in the entire game and be successful and honestly 8k per ss to maintain resists is not hurting the bottom line much at all if your pets go down a couple times over a full evening of hunting...

signature field is blank

Gareth

Apprentice
It would be interesting if in PVP a pets "heart" could be cut out when killed, turned in somewhere and have the creature stated for PVP purposes for a few hours. If it could be coded to effect damage on players only so that when the pet dies it is out of PvP commission for a period of time (allowing it to retain full stats/damage in pvm).

I guess the downside would be tamers who get killed by pks while farming, but they likely aren't doing much pvp anyhow other than trying to survive and get out with pets.