Phase Shift Revamp - Serious Comments ONLY

dobber

Grandmaster
How about make it do only ONE jump and a total refresh after the jump.

Why this is a good thing:

1. One-handers or katanas in particular for PVM will not be so far ahead of all other options for fully utilizing the Berserker talisman while maximizing DPS. The refresh wouldn't affect people that use onehanders much since they don't lose DPS to chug. Unequipping a two-hander to drink a refresh requires loss of potential DPS so this would boost mainly two-handers. We should see more variety in the most fully leveled Berserkers including Archers and Axers since they wouldn't have to keep unequipping/chugging/requipping while resetting swing timer anymore.

2. No more unpredictable shifts into death traps.

Why this is a bad thing:

@eppy ?

Bromista

Grandmaster
Don't like the idea and I think it's fine it the current state tbh.

If it is a concern that you may get teleported into spawn you don't want to or to a tile you can get stuck on you need to get within 6 tiles or whatever before you attack the desired target. It has a built in safe-guard, a sort of toggle that you need to be 100% aware of when attacking.

TheFallen

Grandmaster
This idea isn't necessarily the fix I would put into place either but. .. phase isn't really fine the way it is either.

You should not be able to phase to stuck tiles.
You should not continue jumping when you kill a mob.
You should not get almost no reward (damage) when taking the risk of phase in a large group of mobs.

Changing it to a single mob would fix the broken tile issues but would also take away some of the fun/ skill.

I would suggest just get rid of the damage reduction on multiple jumps and although you still run the risk when doing a phase in a crowd you at least get a reward more equal to that risk. I would also put the stamina cost at a flat 10 always. There isn't much worse than completely wrecking your regular damage by losing half your stamina to phase and then having to either swing super slow or cost yourself some 0 dps time to switch weapons.

eppy

Grandmaster
Changing it to one hop. It seems like a gimme at that point. There will be zero risk or skill in using it.

TheFallen

Grandmaster
I agree one hop takes a lot away from this relic. Hence my suggestion. However you don't need a relic to add risk. Double strike takes no skill or risk.

There is also a problem when a level 1 relic (1 hop ) is more desired than a level 10.

I really like the jumping Tbh but when I see that last hit for 3 damage it certainly doesn't feel powerful.

eppy

Grandmaster
I apologize I didn't read closely enough. I was eating a delicious tuna and Sriracha sandwich.

dobber

Grandmaster
The common denominator for the most competitive, in terms of top damage at champs/invasions, berserkers is the katana. They already have no downside because they can instantly chug a red pot whenever stam goes down. Two-handers are the only ones currently that have a downside and it's straight handedism to put a "downside" that only affects two-handers.

TheFallen

Grandmaster
Tuna and siracha hmm never tried it but now I'm intrigued. Ok nm phase changes I'm off to look for tuna. Wait a second. Reported for derailing. Jk.

But ya I think the part that screams to me that something needs tweaked is most people seem to prefer level 1 over 10 which makes no sense and the reason for it is that additional jumps don't feel like they add anything. Remove the reduced damage and you now have a much better risk vs reward scenario. Also I don't see any situation where this is going to be over powered. Would be great at champ but high risk. Not really huge for farming but still Ok. For any boss mobs the multi jumps don't matter. Give it some thought (and make me a sandwich).

dobber

Grandmaster
As for the multiple jumps...3 damage for 10 stamina? Seriously? What's the point of this? And why does there need to be the "risk" of jumping to your doom for a completely optional relic? Shouldn't we want the relic to be desired for its utility?

Bromista

Grandmaster
Yeah that I don't get. No other relics have any risk attached to them.

One teleport would prevent teleporting to a stuck tile. But that's a pretty fixable situation, just recall. It's not going to be the most popular suggestion, but at least you aren't 100% boned in that situation.

Ariakan99

Grandmaster
3 Damage? what weapon are you using? do you have hiding or stealth to boost the effectiveness? Phase is my favourite relic - takes a little care to use but is great fun and some serious damage if you invest in the skills.

I do not think I got as low as 3 damage back when it used to be 6 leaps maximum.

Lord_Puffy

Grandmaster
How about make it do only ONE jump and a total refresh after the jump.

Why this is a good thing:

1. One-handers or katanas in particular for PVM will not be so far ahead of all other options for fully utilizing the Berserker talisman while maximizing DPS. The refresh wouldn't affect people that use onehanders much since they don't lose DPS to chug. Unequipping a two-hander to drink a refresh requires loss of potential DPS so this would boost mainly two-handers. We should see more variety in the most fully leveled Berserkers including Archers and Axers since they wouldn't have to keep unequipping/chugging/requipping while resetting swing timer anymore.

2. No more unpredictable shifts into death traps.

Why this is a bad thing:

@eppy ?

I dont use this relic for this reason and everyone i know who has it complains about the same thing.

Sorry if someone else has already stated this as I havnt read this thread.

I would only like to see a gump or something in order to active the phase shift due to it teleporting you randomly to mobs.

dobber

Grandmaster
3 Damage? what weapon are you using? do you have hiding or stealth to boost the effectiveness? Phase is my favourite relic - takes a little care to use but is great fun and some serious damage if you invest in the skills.

I do not think I got as low as 3 damage back when it used to be 6 leaps maximum.

what weapon do you use?

edit: i know its a katana

Last edited by a moderator:

Infectious

Master
Yeah that I don't get. No other relics have any risk attached to them.

One teleport would prevent teleporting to a stuck tile. But that's a pretty fixable situation, just recall. It's not going to be the most popular suggestion, but at least you aren't 100% boned in that situation.
Gold relic has risk involved with it

Bromista

Grandmaster
True enough.

But dexer/mage relics are 100% risk free, unless maybe you are using tread relic on something that is aggroing on another target I reckon. Some creatures don't take kindly to being stepped on :p

Ariakan99

Grandmaster
what weapon do you use?

edit: i know its a katana
I use a katana for everything except phase. I switch to a halberd. Phase shift is an auto hit - so use the highest damage weapon available to you. I also have gm hiding and stealth. I almost always hide before activating phase shift as this is the only way to receive the additional damage bonus from having these skills.

Bromista

Grandmaster
I just want to say that it's the only zerker relic I have, it's lvl 8, and I have never had one issue with it.

Admittedly I don't use him a ton anymore but he has gotten some mileage.