PKs - Too Many

Status
Not open for further replies.

zoneseek

Novice
The issue isn't as much that there are so many reds, but that so many of the bad ones opt to run around en masse.

Not much of a choice on this server. Honestly, I laugh at reds I see running solo. Do they actually kill anyone? On my blues ive never been killed by any less than 3, its just way too easy to gun it out of there on your mount with pouches and pots. I feel like pking with any less than 3 on a mount server is a complete waste of time. You're just praying on absolute clueless noobs, anyone with any idea how to play will easily evade you.

Not much of a choice on this server. Honestly, I laugh at reds I see running solo. Do they actually kill anyone? On my blues ive never been killed by any less than 3, its just way too easy to gun it out of there on your mount with pouches and pots. I feel like pking with any less than 3 on a mount server is a complete waste of time. You're just praying on absolute clueless noobs, anyone with any idea how to play will easily evade you.

unless they speedhack as "POWER"
:)

Herrac

Novice
Getting pk'd is an annoyance, but doesn't cripple you by any means. Put on your big boy pants and do something about it. Either be more defensive in your playstyle, or get some friends to run with you. The whole draw of Ultima was the always being on edge as you never know what is lurking around the corner to add that random variable to an encounter. Take reds out of the equation and you may as well go play Elder scrolls or something to kill random static mob brainlessly.

Doobey Magee

Grandmaster
"Talk good or Talk Bad, but talk about me"

[!] is the most known and more in"famous" guild of this server

Keep talking about us plz, we love it

The more u talk, the more famous we are!

;)

I hear far more about power then ! and they only got like 6 guys

not trying to comprimise the ego boost you got from this thread or nothing, i just literally didnt know yall existed until the other day

illusion

Master
The issue right now is the hoard of pks, but the cause is due to a broken risk vs. reward system. There is no real risk of being a PK right now, with pretty high reward - so everyone does it, I don't blame anyone for playing a PK. It's a lot of fun, and there really isn't any reason not to. You're able to feed on defenseless bards and dexers, and the off chance you do die, and someone skins your head, you only get temporary stat loss. Just play another character for those two days and you're good to go.

Permanent stat loss and a paladin system with a red tracking item would fix this.

kurtis

Grandmaster
"Talk good or Talk Bad, but talk about me"

[!] is the most known and more in"famous" guild of this server

Keep talking about us plz, we love it

The more u talk, the more famous we are!

;)

LoL. People know ! because of the youtube video, and that's pretty much it. Oh, and Shane's classic comment that (!) members reminded him of abused housewives that are too afraid to leave the husband. Yes, you remind the GM of this server of an abused house wife. Hope u liked that.

if you are aware of how to recall and bank then you should have literally no problem, its so easy to avoid combat

Any poison dexer with half a brain will not allow you to recall out that easily. Or his ping sucks and yours not. The OP has a valid point. This server is being flood by pks.

Gesendet von meinem Nokia 6610 mit Tapatalk

gucci mane

Apprentice
ya lol that along with easy recall macro and people somehow still die
Any poison dexer with half a brain will not allow you to recall out that easily. Or his ping sucks and yours not. The OP has a valid point. This server is being flood by pks.

Gesendet von meinem Nokia 6610 mit Tapatalk
so you should be able to escape every fucking time? of course the poison dexxer deserves a shot at killing you too. think about it

keep your eyes open for the area you are recalling into. my reflex is to recall back out right away. even if there is a poison dexxer right next to me as i warp in. even if he HAS THE TIME TO GET NEXT TO YOU, he has to SWING, that swing has to HIT, and that HIT is not even a guaranteed interrupt if he does manage to connect :)

yes it takes effort to escape PKs... and the amount of effort... is NOT very much. player killers DO deserve to get kills, when did people get an idea that you should be able to get away 100% every time? that's called TRAMMMMMELLLL. right now you can get away 98% of the time. pretty fucking close alrdy

i like recall how it is right now. people get away from me all the time while i PK (always solo). i have to interrupt them. it literally is a 98% chance to be able to recall away from a PK fight RIGHT NOW AS IT STANDS. bluebies needs to step their fuckin game up

Mintavia

Neophyte
I've played Ultima for ~13 years, I'm well aware of how to recall and bank. Hard though when you recall in and there's a poison dexer already on your screen, running at you spamming his attack blue hotkey. Or all of a sudden 10 reds come rolling thru with paralyze pre-casted. This is the most PKs I've ever seen on a free server. I'd like to suggest permanent stat loss after any red death, without turning a head in.
there are other free servers???? really? I thought this was the only one. I am a casual player and the pking just freaks me out! lol ! I totally understand the thrill of the hunt, but the first time I left town with my mule...some one jumped inscreen, killed me and said. "Welcome to Brit ****!".
I played years ago on Trammel and had a great time using it as a fantasy chat room to speak and play with my family that lives far away. This kind of hostility is just way beyond normal. Of course when I played we had the option to go to Felluca...here we are just kind of stuck. Not everyone plays to kill....some people just like to create and build. Is there a free shard somewhere of Trammal?

gucci mane

Apprentice
there are other free servers???? really? I thought this was the only one. Is there a free shard somewhere of Trammal?
yes, if trammel is what you want, there are other shards for it. shards with way less active players. i assume they look mostly like ghost towns

illusion

Master
ya lol that along with easy recall macro and people somehow still die

so you should be able to escape every fucking time? of course the poison dexxer deserves a shot at killing you too. think about it

keep your eyes open for the area you are recalling into. my reflex is to recall back out right away. even if there is a poison dexxer right next to me as i warp in. even if he HAS THE TIME TO GET NEXT TO YOU, he has to SWING, that swing has to HIT, and that HIT is not even a guaranteed interrupt if he does manage to connect :)

yes it takes effort to escape PKs... and the amount of effort... is NOT very much. player killers DO deserve to get kills, when did people get an idea that you should be able to get away 100% every time? that's called TRAMMMMMELLLL. right now you can get away 98% of the time. pretty fucking close alrdy

i like recall how it is right now. people get away from me all the time while i PK (always solo). i have to interrupt them. it literally is a 98% chance to be able to recall away from a PK fight RIGHT NOW AS IT STANDS. bluebies needs to step their fuckin game up

Are you new to UO?

gucci mane

Apprentice
Are you new to UO?
obviously not

yes there are a lot of red characters on UOF, the risk for being them is DECENT, BUT: the reward for going out and fighting them can be improved. rewards for defending britannia's innocent players of your own volition to get neat lil tram clothing, titles, or stuff that does not imbalance PVP. players should police murderers themselves instead of MAGICAL RESTRICTIONS. these cool incentives encourage players to take matters into their own hands (if they give a shit)

every player has the choice to be prepared to survive a player killing them. that choice is to get a runebook and make a recall macro. you literally do not even need magery on a template to escape PKs, just recall scrolls fillted into runebooks.

just like that poison dexxer made the choice to put in effort to be very deadly and effective at dropping players HP to 0 and interrupting their recalls, the victim player has the choice to be prepared to survive through it to make it back home alive

Some One

Master
As gucci mane states" you can get away" . Well you can. I never pvp and always recall out, and i get away most the time.If your not getting away over 75% the time your not paying attention.Mobs probably kill you more than pks.

gucci mane

Apprentice
As gucci mane states" you can get away" . Well you can. I never pvp and always recall out, and i get away most the time.If your not getting away over 75% the time your not paying attention.Mobs probably kill you more than pks.
straight up. people want shit watered down and easy as possible. what if i told you.......... carrying potions increases your chances of survival even greater if your first recall is interrupted? damn i shouldn't be giving away so many tips to newbs getting pked! they might actually take some responsibility and prepare themselves before leaving town

Some One

Master
I do know that ,but on my tamer pots too is too much trouble.I mean i get pked on a bad week maybe 4 times (most that's during the weekend).It is fell adjust.

besttherewas

Grandmaster
There are far more blue zerg guilds roaming than reds. 48 hours is way too harsh for a red. Imagine if these babies got even 2 hours statloss for being killed? They'd rage quit...

Reds have it way too hard, besides not being able to play for 2 days if they fuck up or more than likely a blue group of 5+ lands 1 stun, THEY STILL are openly attackable by anyone at any time, which as any red knows is a big deal since you get randoms grouping in mass constantly.

This shard is the closest one to trammel ive played in years. The ppl crying here carry 50 ea reg with no resist/wrestle and wonder why they get raped..... the devs should listen to some of the bigger name pks who actually pvp, not the ***** blue factioners or zerg pk/blue groups. There have been some great ideas regarding discounted champ spawns at bucs, more statloss free zones with incentives etc. This shard fails hard at big open fights involving monsters, players and loots because the blue zergs & pvpers instant stat the reds since they get sour about getting owned when they cant field number superiority.

Status
Not open for further replies.