PKs - Too Many

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metalhead-

Master
The newbs gunning for perma statloss or further punishments dont pvp on reds.

1 stun or an instant kill from a tamer and it is all over.

And dont give me 'back in the day.... bs...'. Cause back in the day there were no voice programs, target macros or stun punches. People didnt have anywhere near the coordination that exists today or assist programs holding their hands.

UO has changed, but most of the cry babies here haven't. A rock has a better learning ability than alot of the posters here. Infact some of you are so bad at this game after 10 years, that you would probably fair better in a fight if you closed your eyes and palmed your keyboard consecutively. Dont blame the game for your inability to compete in any situation but banksitting.

Even EA uo has no statloss.

Now keep crying kiddies....

I run 3 reds and I support perma statloss.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I run 3 reds and I support perma statloss.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I run 5 reds and i do not.

EDIT: If they were silly enough to put it in, i'd just run junk pks with 90-gm fence or swords/tact/anat and 70-80 healing.

And i'd still reap havoc on most crap players - even without resist and alch bonus.

Either way, temporary statloss is severly stopping large battles on this shard.

greebo

Apprentice
This server isnt easy for new players to start on.

Seems impossible to make coin in any way other than killing mobs; if that is where pk's are all going... then this really isnt a uo server. Its a ganker server.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dorcha

Expert
My ignore list now has one person on it. I probably don't need to mention who. The forum is already a lot better without their posts.

illusion

Master
This thread is making me want to turn all my chars red holy shit

No this is not trammel. You will die. The risk and challenge that exists here is what makes any success, no matter how small, rewarding.

No being a red is not easy money for anyone. If you think that you have probably never played a PK.

Yes if you are too fucking dense, stubborn and STUPID to carry pots you are going to die. Are trapped pouches too much of a hassle too? Wow you have to restock 4 ones a week? Are these posts for real? (Just re read that post and missed his point).

@Mintavia I can't pick on you, you seem so innocent. But look friend, you are going to have to do some legwork here. There are whole threads about how to survive pks and make macros that work. You need to read those. You can hit one button and cast recall and insta target your runebook. Escape on this server is incredibly easy. Carry cure and heal pots, carry trapped pouches. Bind a key for each. Bind a recall hotkey. Be mounted. Have a recall macro. So those and your survival rate will skyrocket.

@illusion So everyone plays a red because its so easy to make a ton of money? Ok post a SS of your main PK after considering your sins, please.

My bet is you don't have one, and nothing grinds my gears like someone arguing in bad faith. You don't know shit about pking, but I bet you know a lot about getting pkd. So you come in here talking about how easy it is to PK trying to get fucking PERMA STAT. Please post a SS of your red of shut up.

I never said a PK makes easy gold, I'm simply arguing there's too many of them because of a currently flawed risk v. reward murder system.

You know the difference in PKs on all free servers compared to preR OSI? They are all backed by a primary blue money getter, every single red on this server has a different primary character they play, to fuel their red with items. Where as on OSI, it was very possible a red character was your main character, and afk macroing was (somewhat) non existent in 1999. Dying meant more, permanent stat loss was detrimental. - It's not on UOForever. You macro that red in your house while you're dual cliented playing a different character.

Most people play a PK not for the gold, but rather for the thrill of killing someone else. UO is one of the only games you can be a complete douchebag and get away with it, it's why we all keep coming back. It's why I love this game. Throughout my UO career I've played many reds. I don't have one on this server, mainly because I'm not situated enough yet with gold to macro up another mage and fuel him with dp magic kryss like the rest of you. Although I plan to soon.

I've played multiple servers with perma stat loss and it seems to help the dungeons remain somewhat free of PKs. That is my argument.

Summary:
-It is a fact that most PKs are simply a "second" character.
-It is a fact that perma stat loss would simply be a bump in the road for PKs, not a game ender, and would calm the current mess in dungeons.

Doobey Magee

Grandmaster
Ive only played like 3 hours in 4 days... I wish I had pk problems. I need some uo problems in my life. Imma be on in the morning someone pk in deceit 5 and destard 1 tomorrow between 10 and 12 est plz.

Like how I take the thread for a left turn? That's hoe I dos it. Cya in the morning if you're feeling froggy.

Doobs

besttherewas

Grandmaster
Illusion, a magic dp kyrss costs 5 - 10k, if you cant afford that you're doing something wrong.

pks are the main source of pvp here, put in perma statloss and there will be none, besides massive zergs of scribe mages with an army of blue healers.

Xgrant

Apprentice
i started less than a month ago and the only times pks killed me i was afk macroing in dungeon, i mean srsly most of the times you can recall or run, not really a big threat,just carry some trapped pouch and potions and be prepared to run for miles rotfl.

illusion

Master
Illusion, a magic dp kyrss costs 5 - 10k, if you cant afford that you're doing something wrong.

pks are the main source of pvp here, put in perma statloss and there will be none, besides massive zergs of scribe mages with an army of blue healers.

I wouldn't really call... "rolling into Shame lvl1 10 deep with my skype bros, paraganking dexers and provokers" ... PvP...

besttherewas

Grandmaster
I wouldn't really call... "rolling into Shame lvl1 10 deep with my skype bros, paraganking dexers and provokers" ... PvP...
Im a solo pk actually.

I deal with 10 blues para spamming me, then instant stat if i dont get away.

I also deal with blue pvpers who fail at 1v1 so they too call in their buddies, to which they 95% stat too since they get frustrated a no namer can spin around in circles healing their entire alchy stun dump without blinking.

Kraden

Grandmaster
Wow more people complaining about reds lol. Theres isnt alot of reds. Just the fact people can have two accounts makes it so everyone can have a red logged in and waiting. Whicih is usually what happens. Stand and fight. Dont ru to forums

illusion

Master
Wow more people complaining about reds lol. Theres isnt alot of reds. Just the fact people can have two accounts makes it so everyone can have a red logged in and waiting. Whicih is usually what happens. Stand and fight. Dont ru to forums
Sure. My provoker will stand and fight 10 PKs. I'll just... provoke them all onto eachother or something...

wendy whoppers

Grandmaster
This shard is the most populated shard in over 5 years....that is why you see pks and get griefed. That is a good thing as it means we have a healthy population.

Go play any other freeshard and you will be basically playing a single player game... Becomes pointless.

Get some reflexes you invalid and recall... It isn't hard. Pks are not a problem, it's the trammel mindset that is the problem.

Make some statloss free zones please. Red vs blue is the only pvp around. Instant stat destroys it.... Need more pvp areas please and this shard will be as good or better than uoforever ever was in ALL aspects.

Kraden

Grandmaster
Lol
Sure. My provoker will stand and fight 10 PKs. I'll just... provoke them all onto eachother or something...
least ud get further than rying in forums. Just saying man. Part of the game. I die all the time training my tamer lmfao i just laugh and let it go. Or troll em and make em rex kill me. Make a red and dual box. Its what everyone else does

Status
Not open for further replies.