Played 1997-2007 on Catskills, RP Guilds Mostly

SaltyPorkRinds

I introduced myself last August, but didn't log in again (I have a great excuse - I went to DragonCon and then got married).

So, it's been a long time since I played, obviously. I'm getting used to how you have the game set up. I'm not sure if I want to get back into RP or just play randomly for the nostalgia feels. My wife has been playing Star Wars Galaxies for the nostalgia. I found this shard via my memory. I think I knew people who played here 5-6 years? ago.

I was a member of several guilds and was pretty active in RP circles back in the day, but right now I just wanna focus on skilling up some toons and getting a house. Is the meta still pre-Trammel or have you enhanced things? I assume AFK macroing is allowed/at your own risk? Or are we pure OSI type rules? You haven't introduced post-AoS stuff like LRC suits and whatnot?

Also! More importantly:

I have this gray/filter over my game screen - is this normal? It's a little weird and doesn't encompass the whole of the play window?

Anyway, hi. I'm Porq Le Rind in game. I may speak with a bad French accent if I do talk to anyone outside of chat. It was kinda my thing on Catskills, briefly.