Playing behind a VPN connection.

Greetings - just wondering if anyone has any experience with, or knowledge of the UOF stance on VPN's ?

I'm not concerned at all with ping, or internet speed...as I'll soon be moving onto a fibre 1Gbps connection. However for security reasons, the router will be forwarded through a reliable VPN service - and I'd like to know if this is some sort of rules violation in regards to my UOF accounts. Is it going to be a problem if I am regularly logging in from different IP addresses from the VPN servers ?

I don't want to stop playing on UOF....but even if I restricted myself to having playtime only when there aren't any business operations on my network.. I'll be sure to forget to shut off the vpn sometimes and don't know if that's going to get me dickpunched by the Management ?? :eek:

Any feedback on this would be appreciated.

Cheers.

halygon

Grandmaster
We do not have a rule against it, but keep in mind that if you are using a VPN, others also might be using the same VPN. This could lump you into a group of accounts where one might be doing something that is against the rules and everyone on that VPN address would be flagged and accounts banned.

If that happens, you would need to contact staff to let them know your case before you would be unbanned.

Thanks Halygon, for the the straight up answer.

I'll trust to fate that if anything arises.... I can prove that I'm still just a piker who can't play UO worth a damn after 20yrs anyway ! :D

Much appreciated. ...and I think I'll do my damnedest to just steal my neighbours connection to play on. (kidding)

Appreciated, Cheers.