Please remove dex loss from chain and ring...

Fattson

Grandmaster
I think it accomplished exactly what it was meant to.

Your heavy/light archer suits (not sure which kind you make) are unwanted because of:

1) the ease of finding and high ar/no loss magic bone armor
2) the high base ar of barbed leather suits
3) berserker talismans that require very low ar for best exp gain

Even if chain had no dex loss, it would not be better than the cheap magic bone armor you can buy/find. The bone armor is your main culprit - not the dex loss on the chain/ring mail.

You'd probably be better off catering to faction guys and the defense tali guys. So replace the chain suits with full verite and vale plate with heaters and your sales will probably start to go back up. Maybe. I dunno.

Wizx13

Grandmaster
I think it accomplished exactly what it was meant to.

Your heavy/light archer suits (not sure which kind you make) are unwanted because of:

1) the ease of finding and high ar/no loss magic bone armor
2) the high base ar of barbed leather suits
3) berserker talismans that require very low ar for best exp gain

Even if chain had no dex loss, it would not be better than the cheap magic bone armor you can buy/find. The bone armor is your main culprit - not the dex loss on the chain/ring mail.
Ive been running this shop for over a year. Dex suits stopped selling after the -3 was added to them plain and simple. Magic armor has always been in game and aviable.

NoXXeD

Grandmaster
The idea would be that you can still wear bone armor- you will just have to wear GM or runic once your legacy magic armor is depleted.

You of all people should want players to use lesser armor on the norm instead of full fort/invul bone for every field fight.

I don't run with anything less then full invul with vanqs or power plus 25

Wizx13

Grandmaster
You'd probably be better off catering to faction guys and the defense tali guys. So replace the chain suits with full verite and vale plate with heaters and your sales will probably start to go back up. Maybe. I dunno.
Im not worried about the sales, I sell every crafted armor type I have acess to. Im worried more about economic health in the crafting comunity.

Blaine the Gypsy

Grandmaster
The economics of UOF has been screwed for some time even started with having no dex loss on said armors. You'd complain about not being able to sell studded leather then. Also another thing to consider is not everyone shops at your store nor do they need to if they have their own crafter. Most people I know have their own, but they are just horribly lazy.

halygon

Grandmaster
BTW @Wizx13 - I know you have your own shop but if you want, you can setup a vendor at my shop for more visibility.

I am slim on vendors right now because I was going to renovate but I decided against it. So I am looking for well known dedicated crafters who want to expand their portfolio.

Young Star

Grandmaster
With a server that doesn't have blessed armor, a robust crafted armor market is vital. As a fairly average player I don't collect stockpiles of invul/fort armor. From what I have been told to get a ton you just need to build a t-map hunter and you get tons from map chests. Most of my guys usually don't wear full sets of any magic armor when running solo. My main pvm archer provo's biggest threat is magic damage more then physical. I usually still keep my best invul suit for when in a group. I have finally built some income that I can maybe start putting decent armor on my LJer but when I went shopping for some middle of the road sets that would perform good and not be a huge loss if I got looted I wasn't really sure what to get with crafted armor. One of the places I browsed was the OP's shop. Valorite and Verite suits just don't seem to have the AR worth the price and anything less is pretty much pointless even mentioning. Dragon scale is a little over priced for an every day suit for me. Maybe if I get lucky enough to get a relic to sell for millions it won't seem that way. Bone seems to be the go to for now and just add the random loot as I collect it to upgrade as I farm.

From what I have come across for other pvp dexxers that I've come across that get taken out not too many of them even wear metal dex suits. It is still usually ex barbed or studded. Again most mainly worry about is spell damage, occasionally running into another dexer and then it is even more rare to run into one with decked out armor. Then explo pots seem to be the primary damage dealer which I may be wrong but I am not sure is effected much by the targets AR. Pot chucking is pretty new for me being my first free shard so I am still getting used to using it.

Having said all that I think Val and Verite should get AR closer to dragon scale. Only maybe a few points lower. I still think that the main advantage for dragon scale should be what it was on OSI pre-UO:R, having different magic bonuses and negatives depending on the scale color.

Wizx13

Grandmaster
BTW @Wizx13 - I know you have your own shop but if you want, you can setup a vendor at my shop for more visibility.

I am slim on vendors right now because I was going to renovate but I decided against it. So I am looking for well known dedicated crafters who want to expand their portfolio.
I appreciate the offer for sure. As it is im stocking 52 vendors lol.

Tydeus

Master
Bone armor is very fragile and will have the AR lowered when hit with macing weapons very shortly. The higher AR is just there for show, but if you're fighting a non-macer, then it might have better value. The durability simply is bad with bone armor and you can't use powders of fortification on it. Making bone armor 0 dex is very logical. It is part leather, and the bones realistically will not weigh as much as heavy metals. People are complaining about a few points lost in dex, but it really is not noticeable. I'd rather take some dex loss for a higher durability armor than to go with bone. Dragonscale is unique with no dex loss and high durability, but come on, this is the top tier armor to craft, and it takes high BS skill with ancient smithy hammers to craft successfully at any decent rate. You can't just put on metal armor and expect not to lose some maneuverability. Making those suits made of ingots is also trivial, as mining is trivial and resources are abound. Getting the scales and bones to make dragonscale and bone armor is harder and takes more time. No dex loss for dragonscale because it is not heavy metal but still very resistant to damage, as the scales used to create it come from dragons, which are special.

Wizx13

Grandmaster
Bone armor is very fragile and will have the AR lowered when hit with macing weapons very shortly. The higher AR is just there for show, but if you're fighting a non-macer, then it might have better value. The durability simply is bad with bone armor and you can't use powders of fortification on it. Making bone armor 0 dex is very logical. It is part leather, and the bones realistically will not weigh as much as heavy metals. People are complaining about a few points lost in dex, but it really is not noticeable. I'd rather take some dex loss for a higher durability armor than to go with bone. Dragonscale is unique with no dex loss and high durability, but come on, this is the top tier armor to craft, and it takes high BS skill with ancient smithy hammers to craft successfully at any decent rate. You can't just put on metal armor and expect not to lose some maneuverability. Making those suits made of ingots is also trivial, as mining is trivial and resources are abound. Getting the scales and bones to make dragonscale and bone armor is harder and takes more time. No dex loss for dragonscale because it is not heavy metal but still very resistant to damage, as the scales used to create it come from dragons, which are special.
Im ok with scale being 0 dex. My thing is if scale had 15+ dex loss removed to make it 0 dex we are beyond the metal should have dex loss arguement.