Poison

God.RG

Grandmaster
Actually you have the same chance as to stun or para-blow or crushing blow or concussion blow.

PS: its 25% base chance and 20% more with GM Poisoning I believe.
this skill has been fine until some AOS noob cried about it. leave it the way it is.

halygon

Grandmaster
this skill has been fine until some AOS noob cried about it. leave it the way it is.
I agree that it feels pretty balanced. One of the biggest aspects of actually having poisoning is that you can DP your weapon on the fly instead of constantly switching to fresh weapons. That plus the increased infliction rate is a pretty big advantage.

The infliction rate has been played around with in the past and where we are now is where it settled. At one point with GM poisoning it had an infliction rate of 65%! This was obviously OP.

God.RG

Grandmaster
I agree that it feels pretty balanced. One of the biggest aspects of actually having poisoning is that you can DP your weapon on the fly instead of constantly switching to fresh weapons. That plus the increased infliction rate is a pretty big advantage.

The infliction rate has been played around with in the past and where we are now is where it settled. At one point with GM poisoning it had an infliction rate of 65%! This was obviously OP.
gp > dp imo

K A Z

Grandmaster
poisoning is very strong... it doesnt really matter what kinda poison it is as it is all about eating up cure pots, anyways... noone really ever sees a single tick (unless hes a noob and / or bad)

Winstonian

Grandmaster
Agreed: using a poisoned melee weapon should require the poisoning skill. At least: poisoning should dictate the chance that the poison is applied to the enemy while attacking.

Cheapsuit

Master
Yeah it's fine as long as you're getting a free ride. If you want to poison then train the skill and we wouldn't be having this conversation. There are so many scripts out there that there is no way swapping to a freshly poisoned weapon is a burden to you. Hell the script prolly shouts out that the one you're using is about to wear off.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cheapsuit

Master
You know you guys think just becuz some of you are the best pvper's on the server that your voice should carry more weight. You wanna know what y'all are the best pvper's? Because you abuse game mechanics. I'm not saying your exploiting, I'm simply saying you're abusing the system. I'll give an example......

You guys exploit the 720 skill points through power scroll on a pvper. Then you turn around and drop lore to 20 after getting taking to 120 still being able to control your pets, virtually making you an 8x character. Now to top it off you want another skill in your Arsenal by inflicting free poison.... 9x isn't enough? Wanna try for 10x? This is why y'all are the better pvper's. It's time shit started leveling off around here and just maybe we will have newer faces claiming to be the server's best.

aIck

Grandmaster
lmao quality thread

so the poison the weapon is coated with should absolutely refuse to seep into the wound inflicted by the said weapon for some reason k

Then you shouldn't be able to chug pots with 0 alchemy either if you want to go this route.
implement this pls pots r op wtf

on what logic should somebody who cannot make pot drink it???? on what logic should a wepon dribbling with poison inject poison into ur enemy if you dun kno urself how to apply poison on wepon????

Cheapsuit

Master
Yeah and tamers should be able to put tamed dragons on vendors for anyone to use with zero skill. This type of nonsense can go on and on or we can be reasonable. There is a flip side to every coin.

Deadpool

Grandmaster
Yeah and tamers should be able to put tamed dragons on vendors for anyone to use with zero skill. This type of nonsense can go on and on or we can be reasonable. There is a flip side to every coin.

Actually, no, there's not. Your analogy to counter makes no sense. Ours do. End of thread.

aIck

Grandmaster

Are you seriously comparing stabbing people with a weapon dribbling with fucking poison to taming and controlling mythical beasts?

Like, seriously, seriously?

halygon

Grandmaster
I think we can all agree that the Real Life Logic stick has no place in wizard games - so stop beating each other with it.

aIck

Grandmaster
I think we can all agree that the Real Life Logic stick has no place in wizard games - so stop beating each other with it.
Depends.

If it's something like burning herbs and yelling words of power to conjure up spells I'm willing to suspend my disbelief, it's a fantasy game after all.

Poison my weapon is coated with not entering my foe even though I just rammed it through him because I'm not proficient at applying said coating myself? No amount of "it's just a 20-year old wizard game" should make it work that way.

Winstonian

Grandmaster
Poison my weapon is coated with not entering my foe even though I just rammed it through him because I'm not proficient at applying said coating myself? No amount of "it's just a 20-year old wizard game" should make it work that way.
... wut? Dragons, man... dragons. We have dragons in this game. And a purple spinning vortex things made of energy that attack things. And large rat-looking men. It's a game.

There are times when I want to climb a tree to get away from bad guys, but I can't. I'm next to the tree. I'm walking towards the tree. There's no reasonable argument to make as to why I can't climb that tree.

... other than the fact that this is a game. Not real life.

If you want to benefit from poison, you should have to have the skill. Same with alchemy, or healing, or pretty much most skills in this game. (I think poisoning should increase the chance that the poison is applied: GM is the current percentage, and it scales downward from there.)

I know, I know, it forces a player to *gasp* make a sacrifice and choose one skill over another.

Deadpool

Grandmaster
... wut? Dragons, man... dragons. We have dragons in this game. And a purple spinning vortex things made of energy that attack things. And large rat-looking men. It's a game.

There are times when I want to climb a tree to get away from bad guys, but I can't. I'm next to the tree. I'm walking towards the tree. There's no reasonable argument to make as to why I can't climb that tree.

... other than the fact that this is a game. Not real life.

If you want to benefit from poison, you should have to have the skill. Same with alchemy, or healing, or pretty much most skills in this game. (I think poisoning should increase the chance that the poison is applied: GM is the current percentage, and it scales downward from there.)

I know, I know, it forces a player to *gasp* make a sacrifice and choose one skill over another.

What in the fuck are you talking about?

aIck

Grandmaster
tl;dr you should only be able to drink pots with alchemy too.
i mean.. that's how it would be in real life right?
Fuck you man I'd be able to chug Kool-Aid faster you can puncture me with your shitty knife even if it's coated with AIDS