poisoning or alchemy

Amelee

Neophyte
Hi. Im wondering what would be best on a mage/scribe. I have one skill slot open an am not sure which to add. Currently my character has: eval, magery, med, resist,inscription and wrestling. Any suggestions/ comments are appreciated. Thanks

halygon

Grandmaster
Uh, alchy most def. for runners, which let's be honest is bread and butter of most uof pvpers. Stunning is cool, but ya gotta get close enough.

Amelee

Neophyte
Also, I might make another mage with the alchemy for the explosion pots and dp casting using poisoning. On that chracter I will not have wrestling. Decisions, decisions, decisions.....

On the scribe/mage w wrestling, should she have tactics? It's been 4 years since I've played. Just getting back into this game excites me and confuses me at the same time bc I can't remember what everything does. However, I love the way this shard is letting us "old school" players do what we loved about this game way back over 9 years ago when I initially started playing :)

Amelee

Neophyte
Uh, alchy most def. for runners, which let's be honest is bread and butter of most uof pvpers. Stunning is cool, but ya gotta get close enough.

True true.... Im thinking about defense against dexr's, which is why the stun appealed to me.

Amelee

Neophyte
Trust me, if you wear decent armor and learn to throw pots while casting, very few dexxors live.

Gotcha. Yea, now that I think about it, if shes going to be a pure mage, I might as well take advantage of all the pure mage perks. Halygon, do you think wrestle is needed then? or should I drop that for poison? You are really smart when it comes to most peoples questions in the game from what I have read from your posts on this forum... I don't mean to be a pain, but just wondering what you think

halygon

Grandmaster
Gotcha. Yea, now that I think about it, if shes going to be a pure mage, I might as well take advantage of all the pure mage perks. Halygon, do you think wrestle is needed then? or should I drop that for poison? You are really smart when it comes to most peoples questions in the game from what I have read from your posts on this forum... I don't mean to be a pain, but just wondering what you think
Yes, you need either wrestling or anatomy or any melee hits will interrupt you every time. Anatomy gives you defensive wrestling when you already have eval int. In my opinion wrestling is better though because it can actually hit your opponent and have a chance at interrupting their spells.

Amelee

Neophyte
Yes, you need either wrestling or anatomy or any melee hits will interrupt you every time. Anatomy gives you defensive wrestling when you already have eval int. In my opinion wrestling is better though because it can actually hit your opponent and have a chance at interrupting their spells.

I'm going to keep he wrestle then since its near 100 and I'm going to pick up alchemy.

Thank you and thestand for your replies. I really appreciate your help.