Poisoning

Sinna

Neophyte
G'day

I been making a nox/stun mage and been told that it was pointless to make because Cure pots always Cure first go...

Is this true am I wasting time and $$ into Poison?

Any info would be much appreciated

Griz

Journeyman
I would also like to know the answer to this! Ive been grinding out on a nox/fencer just got to 91 and Ive spent a good deal of $ on poison kegs. Im gonna be sad if this is true...

Nekronos

Master
Nox dexer - people like it
Nox Mage - people don’t like it

Dexer you get increased chance at poison taking, plus can repoison on the go.

Mage you have to be very close to cast an improved poison level , and yes it cures easily

halygon

Grandmaster
G'day

I been making a nox/stun mage and been told that it was pointless to make because Cure pots always Cure first go...

Is this true am I wasting time and $$ into Poison?

Any info would be much appreciated
Great question.

Its a two part answer. First the inflicting damage:

- GM Poisoning on a Dexxor with a poisoned weapon will increase the chance to inflict poison per hit by 20%. The base infliction is 25% and this bumps it up to 20%. Doesn't sound like much but it is because it is per hit -- Katanas/Kryss' hit pretty often...
- GM Poisoning on a Mage means unresisted poison casts and greater poison for each cast. It also has a chance to cast DP when near the target. Take away here is the unresisted poisons casts.

Second is the curing:
- Greater Cure potions have a 80% chance to cure deadly poison
- Casting Cure will have a variable chance to cure poisons. Higher the poison level, the more magery required to cure it successfully 100%. At GM Magery, you can cure deadly poison 100% of the time.

halygon

Grandmaster
On a personal note, don't make a nox mage if you plan on being solo alot because it is a group template.

Sinna

Neophyte
Awesome thanks for all the info.

Guess I make a Alchy mage like everyone else on this server and save Poison for when I am rich and make another toon.

Cheers

Griz

Journeyman
I will say just having finished both Alchemy AND Poisoning, that if you plan to do a poisoner later, GM Alchemy with Greater Poison kegs and save them up. I GMed Poison on them and you gain about 1 point of poison per keg, with some variance here and there obviously. Stay watered/fed and stay in a dungeon.

Sinna

Neophyte
Yeah I finished Alchy yesterday on my Dexxer, but only at 72 Poison been on my Mage that's why I am happy to change it to Alchy it wont take that long