poker cheats......

Maller

Adept
I do not play poker because cheating is too easy. 3-rd party voice chat about poker hands. @GluttonySDS do you turn a blind eye? I heard it in the eqms mumble channel. This is a serious exploit.

Fattson

Grandmaster
What? Really? I've made Christina Milianz off eqms members at the poker tables. Are you sure you're just not a bad player or just really unlucky?

DalMichaelLas

Grandmaster
It is very, very bad poker etiquette but even if it is illegal is extremely hard to prove. Collusion is really bad for the game and is a form of cheating. Squeeze plays, chip dumping, etc are not terribly common on real poker sites but common enough to be a problem. It is something you just have to learn to recognize. Your case is different as you claim to have overheard someone. Unfortunately I dont believe hearsay is strong enough. Which brings me to my next point: there are no rules or policies regarding players actions during poker for two reasons I believe: 1. too hard to prove 2. It's UO gold, what would be a real punishment for this? I mean we are killing people, stealing their items, scamming, looting their houses, cutting up corpses, griefing each other, poker cheating in the game is worse somehow? Just thought you should consider that perspective. It's a game not real money, still kinda shady but shouldnt be illegal imo.

Maller

Adept
it cannot be proven without a record. all I know is I will never play poker on uof again, and I heard some eqms members cheating poker on Mumble. just be careful.....

Fattson

Grandmaster
If you get the feeling that people are duel clienting on the poker table, then watch the people you think are guilty. If they're betting big all the time only to fold on the river to one of the guildies, they're likely teaming. Just cut your losses and bail. Don't quit please. I need your monies to add to my monies. Thank you. :)

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
People in EQMS use mumble for PVP -- I wish people used mumble all times when they are on UO but no one seems to do it unless its time for us to kill.

Sounds like you lost in poker and are crying about it

Shane

Administrator
Staff member
I'm all for removing poker, always have been haha.
There's no huge cheats or anything that we are aware of though. However sharing hands on voice communications etc is hard to deal with as you could imagine.

Peav

Grandmaster
I'm all for removing poker, always have been haha.
There's no huge cheats or anything that we are aware of though. However sharing hands on voice communications etc is hard to deal with as you could imagine.

Do a multiplayer blackjack where people can bet max 50k or something low. Plus u cannot cheat since your cards are shown face up to players.

FluxLiner

Master
As far as I know that is not a cheat. lets say we where talking about internet poker for real money. I can play the same table with 2 computers no problem.
I could talk with my GF on the phone while we play a table online. No problem.

I bet there is groups who play online poker all the time.
@Maller

noobs705

Grandmaster
Oh I agree delete poker, also add bolas and wands and then we can lose a good 300 active players it will be amazing can't see why we wouldn't implement this ASAP. I also think deleting poker will help get rid of all these active people enjoying it, lets take away their fun! I for one don't like how all these great additions to the server have made it the best one going, this server population is to much just look at the lag on the server with all these new players. Id prefer a less active server one where I can farm in peace and not ever run into anyone other then npcs. Another bonus with no poker and less players their will be less lag it's really a win win

Last edited by a moderator: