Possible changes to come for my library...

Experience

Grandmaster
As of lately the traffic at my Library seems to be lacking.My vendor is fully stocked with SS and other useful items. I've been running my gater and also my character afk to ban thieves and other such rapscallions... I make my rounds often to ensure I stay the most extensive rune library on UOF. As well as offering Public use of all dye tubs, Crystal Workbench, and Soul forge... But as you all may know vendors have never been my strong suit.

In the entire history of my library, I have offered free/beyond cheap vendors to anyone. I have banned only those who violate the rules. I am reaching out to the community for answers.

Possibilities:
1: Become private
2: Look for a new location
3: Re-model, Re-vamp, and make another go at getting decent shops
4. (Open to suggestion)

Lady Macbeth

Grandmaster
What is your ultimate goal? A public library for the community like UO forever library or a heavy traffic mall with vendors that are always stocked?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Coorhagen

Grandmaster
I think you have competition from other rune libraries because I use the one that's in Moonglow and sometimes the one that is outside of Despise.

Experience

Grandmaster
What is your ultimate goal? A public library for the community like UO forever library or a heavy traffic mall with vendors that are always stocked?

My GOAL is to have a high traffic public Library that meets the needs of players young and old. Thus all of the crafting stuff being available to use

Firecrest

Grandmaster
I stop there and use your location quite a bit, I also have a rune to your place in our ETC Directory, it is a good place for people to go, I wish more people to utilize it Dye tubs, soul forge, Crystal Work bench all open to the public . As of right now to competition is fierce there are a lot of vendor malls popping up all over the place, which some will succeed and some will fail.

First and foremost Thank you for having the place :)

That being said

People are starting to make their own libraries, not a day goes by with out seeing people running in and recalling out coping books. Which isn't a big deal. Also vendor shops are very common at this point so many people have them and rune libraries (Copies of mine or just shitty). Gating is the biggest difference when our gater is down our sales are down even though I firmly believe that everyone has runes to our mall. That can cost up to 70k a week.

I would suggest, to revamp your place a little maybe let @Faytality clean it up and make it look nice and a little bit more open.
Cheap vendors sound good but in reality as I explained before cheap vendors typically become empty vendors. Which is why charging isn't always a negative thing. If you would like I would be very happy to assist you with vendors if you want to go that route and offer some staples,

If you looking for a place for people to go to enjoy the library, dye tubs, soul forge, etc then maybe a new location or at very least a new look that is inviting.

Have the devs clear a night spot for you right out side of n, brit :) clear some trees for you

Experience

Grandmaster
I think you have competition from other rune libraries because I use the one that's in Moonglow and sometimes the one that is outside of Despise.
Competition is not what bothers me. I know my library is not in the best spot. BUT, I have STACKS more books than anyone else.

Lady Macbeth

Grandmaster
Advertising here and on discord. You can start a thread in forum and I'll help out to bump it.

Revamp the library, more open. I'm not sure everyone has been to ur lib knew there's a soul forge on the third floor, which is open to public.

Now that teleport can refresh the house, may be take down the front doors so that more inviting?

I really enjoy your lib as your neighbor and the dye tubs :) you do have a massive and very detailed lib. May be putting some decor or indicators on the top of the bookcases so ppl can find their way in your lib more easily?

Thank you for all the hard work for the community :)

Experience

Grandmaster
Advertising here and on discord. You can start a thread in forum and I'll help out to bump it.

Revamp the library, more open. I'm not sure everyone has been to ur lib knew there's a soul forge on the third floor, which is open to public.

Now that teleport can refresh the house, may be take down the front doors so that more inviting?

I really enjoy your lib as your neighbor and the dye tubs :) you do have a massive and very detailed lib. May be putting some decor or indicators on the top of the bookcases so ppl can find their way in your lib more easily?

Thank you for all the hard work for the community :)

I was actually leaning toward a re-model with the new fix on teleporters. I honestly dont know how I'd make it "more inviting" and be able to fit everything in properly but I'm more than open to suggestions

Volco

Master
I think the number 1 biggest issue with your library is the fact that it's covered. I've run past your placed probably hundreds of times and never knew it was more than just a vendor shop. I think what made my library thrive so much, was the fact that all the books where exposed, and easily accessible.

Also, since your place isn't in such a high traffic area in comparison to some other places. I think something as simple as placing a few runes around town every day / couple of days may help your traffic ALOT!.

you probably already know this, but to track your traffic, people will need to open some sort of door for them to count towards your buildings 'visits'. maybe fence the entrance with a wooden gate.

Torrun

Expert
As of lately the traffic at my Library seems to be lacking.My vendor is fully stocked with SS and other useful items. I've been running my gater and also my character afk to ban thieves and other such rapscallions... I make my rounds often to ensure I stay the most extensive rune library on UOF. As well as offering Public use of all dye tubs, Crystal Workbench, and Soul forge... But as you all may know vendors have never been my strong suit.

In the entire history of my library, I have offered free/beyond cheap vendors to anyone. I have banned only those who violate the rules. I am reaching out to the community for answers.

Possibilities:
1: Become private
2: Look for a new location
3: Re-model, Re-vamp, and make another go at getting decent shops
4. (Open to suggestion)

A revamp would be good. Im inactive now but use your house exclusively. Ive been inactive but actually bought the house right below yours just to have a good library right at my door.

I just visited your place after running by it a few times not knowing until I read this thread. Your library is nice. But like others have said, there is no way in the world I would have known.

As far as your vendors go if I open a vendor on a house and there is nothing in it, and its the first one I open, I don't even bother opening another.

I bookmarked your place. Gonna use it in the future.

Experience

Grandmaster
I just visited your place after running by it a few times not knowing until I read this thread. Your library is nice. But like others have said, there is no way in the world I would have known.

As far as your vendors go if I open a vendor on a house and there is nothing in it, and its the first one I open, I don't even bother opening another.

I bookmarked your place. Gonna use it in the future.
Well now that Teleporters can renew house age I plan to revamp and also make the library visible!!

Experience your library is the absolute best on the shard in my opinion, I use it all the time! Please never close it, it's just too useful!

Firecrest

Grandmaster
If you would like I am sure @Lady Macbeth and I can place some common good vendors like scribe, alchemy, cheaper weapon and armor options if you would like.
Give people a reason to make it a stop.

Experience

Grandmaster
Emma runs the repair deed vendor at my shop currently, but you are more than welcome to open vendors as well. I'm hoping to promote the library which will in turn bring more customers to the shop

Experience

Grandmaster
Experience your library is the absolute best on the shard in my opinion, I use it all the time! Please never close it, it's just too useful!
If it ever closed it would only close to the public (I'd move it to my guild castle instead) BUT that is the VERY LAST thing I want to do.....