Possible to steal while mounted

SidX

Grandmaster
Nothing can be done without fucking crafters over iirc. The 'fix' for powerscrolls is dumb and bad, hopefully something can be figured out because asking people to hold the ps as they run, or put it in a box, or not loiter after champs is apparently a bridge too far.
Yeah I don't know if dismounting thieves after stealing a PS was a "fix" for some sort of thief scripting, but I have to say that's the dumbest change I've ever seen in UO.

Why suddenly get dismounted after stealing a power scroll? They weigh what, 1 stone? This game is all about risk vs. reward.. if a naked, unarmed and virtually defenseless thief braves a champ spawn all the way until the end and manages to steal a power scroll and get away with it, they should be able to keep the scroll. Dismounting a thief is ******** and solves nothing IMO.

Dig'em

Grandmaster
When you steal a ps there are two "dice rolls" whether you turn grey or not, and whether you are dismounted or not, the dismount is not 100 percent. Nor is going grey. If you are lucky you can steal a ps, stay mounted, and stay blue. That's the best case scenario, worst case, you're on foot and grey, essentially, you're dead

Messremb

Grandmaster
What can be done with script stealing? Honestly I hear a lot about it but have no clue what about stealing can be scripted that can't be done with simple macros?

Maybe we should open a thread explaining the script stealing process so it can hopefully be addressed. If it involves stealing items by type, can't this be done with Razor?

:eek:
the 2 big differences are the delay time, and the ability to hold a steal until the item you are looking for is found. also the item type in steam is more advanced than the one in razor, Razor will try and steal any deed but i believe steam can be told to only steal PSs.

the one time i had a PS stolen from me it was gone from my pack as fast as it appeared, it just flashed and a thief was running away. i have heard of people who never even got to see it flash so i guess i was lucky.

You used to watch a thief simply run past every player after the champ dropped and because of their script they would just need to run past a player with a PS for it to activate.

the last thing with script stealing that was really the nail in the coffin was when thieves would stand on the dock gates and afk script steal PSs and SSs.

I think a better solution is for PSs and all champ drops to have say a 3-5 second window where they cant be stolen, this would give players time to use a player driven solution (locked box, or holding it in your hand). oh and bans for anyone found afk script stealing.

Karl Sagan

Grandmaster
the 2 big differences are the delay time, and the ability to hold a steal until the item you are looking for is found. also the item type in steam is more advanced than the one in razor, Razor will try and steal any deed but i believe steam can be told to only steal PSs.

the one time i had a PS stolen from me it was gone from my pack as fast as it appeared, it just flashed and a thief was running away. i have heard of people who never even got to see it flash so i guess i was lucky.

You used to watch a thief simply run past every player after the champ dropped and because of their script they would just need to run past a player with a PS for it to activate.

the last thing with script stealing that was really the nail in the coffin was when thieves would stand on the dock gates and afk script steal PSs and SSs.

I think a better solution is for PSs and all champ drops to have say a 3-5 second window where they cant be stolen, this would give players time to use a player driven solution (locked box, or holding it in your hand). oh and bans for anyone found afk script stealing.

Yeah the delay on being able to steal it was my best suggestion at the time as well.

Also omnom told me he was definitely not afk when he was jacking people heading to the docks. That was hilarious btw haha

Messremb

Grandmaster
Yeah the delay on being able to steal it was my best suggestion at the time as well.

Also omnom told me he was definitely not afk when he was jacking people heading to the docks. That was hilarious btw haha
he may not have been but others were, and people still do it. but smart players are prepared for it.

Lailoken

Journeyman
Trapped or locked boxes. Check!
Practice stealing on the run while mounted. Check!

So much to learn about being a thief.

Darkarna

Grandmaster
What can be done with script stealing? Honestly I hear a lot about it but have no clue what about stealing can be scripted that can't be done with simple macros?

Maybe we should open a thread explaining the script stealing process so it can hopefully be addressed. If it involves stealing items by type, can't this be done with Razor?

:eek:

It can be done with razor but is far less efficient than using steam. With steam, one can set up the script multiple times for multiple item types IE Weaponry, Reagents, Rares and Powerscrolls / Skill scrolls. Each script used has its own push list associated with desirable items being listed first and bound to a key. Then, it is just a matter of executing the script. The script auto-snoops and I believe, does not steal unless it finds the right item. So, if I am correct, all that one has to do is run around holding the key down until the script finds its prize.