Votes: 8 30.8%
  • Not totally

Votes: 8 30.8%
  • No

Votes: 10 38.5%

• Total voters

Blaine the Gypsy

Grandmaster
It's been a problem for a very very very common BoD reward for smiths. Powder can only be used 0 - 5 (IF THAT) times on weapons/armor. Other rewards are at least useable. These just pile up or get thrown away. Why not have the max durability of something go up to 255 if you use the powder? To repair the damage of full durability loss? Possibly use it to increase uses of crafting items? As of now there's no real point to keep, sell, or use the powder. Time for a change.

Tydeus

Master
I use that powder and instead of doing BODs to keep a huge stock of them, I keep BODs that you can turn in for PoF in a BOD book and restock them once needed. I use them on weapons and armor that have been repaired too much and have lost durability ratings, to bring them back to 100% of what they were originally. I saw a Vanq/Supreme double axe on a vendor for really cheap so I bought it, and then I found out that it has been heavily used and repaired too much and was thus crappy. It is fine now that I used several PoF charges on it. This powder will also up the durability of unused weapons and armor to go beyond their default durability rating. I crafted a suit of barbed runic leather armor and upped the durability on the entire suit using this powder, which comes in handy when you have a macer beating it to death. On weapons that have the invulnerability modifier, you can use that powder several times and get a large boost to the durability of the weapon.

Blaine the Gypsy

Grandmaster
I use it too, but it's far far too limited on when you can use it and IF you can use it. It hasn't mattered if it's a crafted or monster loot item. Count how many times you can actually use it and if there is a pattern per type... cool, but otherwise it's junk.

Tydeus

Master
I use it too, but it's far far too limited on when you can use it and IF you can use it. It hasn't mattered if it's a crafted or monster loot item. Count how many times you can actually use it and if there is a pattern per type... cool, but otherwise it's junk.

I use it when I can, which means I use it often. For instance, if I want to craft myself a set of 44 AR spined leather (not too painful to lose), I will use the PoF on the entire suit to up the durability of it before using it. The same goes for other runic suits, except for the barbed bone runic, which for some reason won't let you use much PoF on it if any at all. As it is, Indes/Invul magic armor that has had PoF used 2 times on it may be better than the barbed runic bone armor set, even with the 17 or so more AR that it has. Once a macer starts pounding on your armor, the bone suit is going to be losing AR faster than that "indestructible" invulnerability suit you're wearing that has had PoF charges used on it. An Indes/Invul chain tunic went from 102/102 durability to 132/132 with 2 PoF charges. Not a bad free boost, which will help when being hit by a macer. My barbed runic bone tunic has a horrible 32/32 durabiltiy rating and PoF can't be used with it, even though it is rated as "Massive." I'm seriously thinking that high-end magic armor is better than that expensive runic bone armor suit because of the terrible durability. I always put this powder on good weapons and armor. It is a free durability boost. You should always be using it on that high-end gear that you take out with you, or when entering a tournament. If you have a lot of it, that is great.

Tydeus

Master
I guess you're lucky for having it actually work like that. Wanna buy all 300 of my powders?

Nah, but I would suggest trying to tell them to someone else based on my input of how they can be valuable. I have my own powders and ability to get more as needed. They're not useless and I use them is my point. If you put the max the powder can be used to 255/255, this would make it so macers have a hard time lowering your AR in any fast amount of time. Perhaps there should be a cap on it that is well below 255. People would be hoarding these and putting them on their high-end armor when they enter a tournament and be getting quite an advantage I would think.

Blaine the Gypsy

Grandmaster
Nah, but I would suggest trying to tell them to someone else based on my input of how they can be valuable. I have my own powders and ability to get more as needed. They're not useless and I use them is my point. If you put the max the powder can be used to 255/255, this would make it so macers have a hard time lowering your AR in any fast amount of time. Perhaps there should be a cap on it that is well below 255. People would be hoarding these and putting them on their high-end armor when they enter a tournament and be getting quite an advantage I would think.
You can't even go that high. Hell I've looked at something before I put powder on and it will say it applied the powder and STILL have the same number. Can't even really reenforce bone armor or anything. You must be confused sir.

Tydeus

Master
You can't even go that high. Hell I've looked at something before I put powder on and it will say it applied the powder and STILL have the same number. Can't even really reenforce bone armor or anything. You must be confused sir.

You asked, "Why not have the max durability of something go up to 255 if you use the powder?"

I gave you a reason why there should be a cap that is well below 255. It is that way already, I know.

Tydeus

Master
It's not that way already lol

Something confused you about what I said. I know that the cap is well below 255 already. How would I not know this if I actually used the powder?

The current cap may be a bit low. I'm down for the cap to be raised by 1 use but nowhere near 255.

Da Witch Dr

Master
Forgive me for my ignorance, I've never use the powder because I thought it was worthless as well. Are you saying it can't be used on bone or leather?

The reason I ask is I'm crafting armor for my defense meta-Dexter... It is bone... And if I could fortified the armor that would great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AssHat

Grandmaster
i will always think that this powder was a stupid add 10 years ago. you want to have a market for smiths, well when you use this item instead of buying new gear from a smith, all it does it hurt economy right off the bat for smiths/bods. basically you have to buy 50% less gear/weapons once you have enough powder and dont lose. these should be replaced with metal dye tubs!!

Blaine the Gypsy

Grandmaster
Forgive me for my ignorance, I've never use the powder because I thought it was worthless as well. Are you saying it can't be used on bone or leather?

The reason I ask is I'm crafting armor for my defense meta-Dexter... It is bone... And if I could fortified the armor that would great.

Some times you can't even use it on freshly made items. It's too wonky.

Tydeus

Master
It depends on how high the weapon durability modifier is that enables you to use a higher number of charges of the powder. The higher the durability, the more charges can be used on any given weapon.

You can use the powder on leather, but you can't use it on bone armor.

This powder makes it so you don't have to throw away your weapons and armor after they get worn out. It is like a durability repair item that also boosts the durability cap on armor and weapons depending on the original durability modifier.

Blaine the Gypsy

Grandmaster
It shouldn't matter on the original durability. If there's a cap per item let it be known. I've had armor that magical or crafted you can't use a single charge on it ever. I arms lore the item and see oh 50 or so... next item that would be higher durability oh 60 I can use the powder 3 times. So as far as me saying put a cap on items like 225 let it be. I bet if they do an item count of how many powders are out there unused it would be a pretty high number. It's an item that is dropped from BoDs often and too often to be so useless.

i agree with blaine, IF these where more functional this would do a few things...
1: clear a lot of the POF items taking up the server
2: Smithys would STILL be useful..i mean if i make a katana with 50 durability for you, and you buy 10 repair deeds from me for 100 gp each (=1000gp) OR make you a katana with 50 durablility and you buy a PoF from me for 5k. i make an extra 4k and you up your durability with out having to leave the house.
3: and even if items had 30000000 durability on them they are going to get lost or disarm thieved just as much as any 50 durability item..

Volco

Master
You have to remember that PoF is literally one of the easiest smithing rewards to get. It SHOULDN'T be something amazing. I think what it currently does is great for how common the reward is. But I do agree with being able to raise the max durability to 255 :p

Lady Macbeth

Grandmaster
Not sure if it's useless. Repair deed and powder fix diff attributes of weapons and armor. I always use powder on my weapons and armors so that I don't need to fix them so often. It is esp useful during invasion. And I believe ppl use them on runic weapons or blessed armors as well. Powders on my vendor always sold out for 1k per charge. Or may be I completely misunderstood you...

I think there are other items collecting more dust than powder, such as statues... If we want to help eliminate the number of items in the world then I'd like to see mib chest, granite chest, etc fingers crossed