Power Scroll Question

Cleophus

Expert
I am already 7x GM. If I use a power scroll for one of my skills do I have to lower another skill to gain above 100 or can I keep 6 of my skills at 100 and go past 100 in one skill?

Last edited by a moderator:

Khaladon

Master
I believe you can raise one skill over 100 points without having to lower your others...so you can basically have 720 total points if u have the PS's to raise it.

Power scrolls allow you to raise a skill beyond 100.0. They don't raise the skill cap beyond the limit, which is 700.0.

If you are already at 700.0 and use a PS, you will have to give up 20 points (or whatever the value of the PS is that you use) in order to gain points in your chosen skill.

Cleophus

Expert
Ok I just got two answers. One of you say that the skill cap cannot go above 700 so I'd have to take points out of one skill to raise another above 100. The other says that I can have 6 skills at 100 and take the 7th above 100 with power scrolls. So which one is it? GM input would be very helpful here.

Messremb

Grandmaster
You can raise your skill cap to 720, but in order to do it you need to use a 120 PS. it wont work if you use 110 PS in 2 skills, that will only raise you skill cap to 710. think of it like this. the first 105 PS you use raises your skill cap 5 points, but subsequent 105 PS will not. the first 110 PS will give raise you another 5 points,and again subsequent 110 PS will not. so on and so forth.

I can confirm this on several characters.

Cleophus

Expert
You can raise your skill cap to 720, but in order to do it you need to use a 120 PS. it wont work if you use 110 PS in 2 skills, that will only raise you skill cap to 710. think of it like this. the first 105 PS you use raises your skill cap 5 points, but subsequent 105 PS will not. the first 110 PS will give raise you another 5 points,and again subsequent 110 PS will not. so on and so forth.

I can confirm this on several characters.
Ok Thank you!