Power Scroll Turn In!!

Babethoven

Grandmaster
gonna refresh some minds out there to see if this will work, I believe i spoke about this when i first came back after my break late Septemberish last year.

But while I was gone I seen something nice which just poped in my head just now

A Trash barrel in a town of course so it can involve the theif play here

where X amount of points turned into the Powerscroll Trashcan will value @....

TURNING IN PS:

105 PS = 1pt

110 = 2pts

115 = 3pts

120 - = 5pts

PURCHASING WITH YOUR POWERSCROLLS REWARD POINTS

20pts = random 105ps

30pts = random 110ps

40pts = random 115 ps

50pts = random 120 ps

and in this system, you could spend all those fucking powerscrolls and come back with some of the ones you just turned in... you turn in decent ps's and come back with a 120 peacemaking ;) hey risk/reward, it would help out cleaning out all the powerscrolls people have sitting around in there houses/banks collecting dust......

not too many people have gotten creative to make a PW outfit out of the PS he stole...... @Drake Roberts ^^

TheFallen

Grandmaster
After enjoying 30 second save times last night I'm all for anything that reduces item count. This or power scroll books. Which reminds me I need to but one of those treasure map books and do my part.

Nice idea i like it.

My opinion tho to see it work would have to see the cost of the random brought down a bit. If you need 50points to get a random 20, you may as well sell the 105s for 50k each (average, some go for more/less) because that will get you a million gold, and you could just buy the exact +20 you want without getting a shitty one.

Perhaps purchase points more like
105- 5points,
110- 10points,
115 - 15 points
120 - 25points

That's working off you hand in 5 scrolls for a chance to get 1 back.

But yeah definitely like the idea! would give value to the lesser ones and perhaps bring down the more expensive ones..

wreckognize

Grandmaster
this kind of system will bring tears, tears make people leave. who wants to play a game with an endgame that *could* screw you over financially?
i for one have played inotia 4 which is a ipod game or whatever and u touch the screen (oh yeah baby!!)
its got systems in it where you could spend months worth of farming on something that makes your weapon less powerful rofl, some korean game
anyways enough techy-talk but in reality i can imagine someone handing in a bunch of powerscrolls and ending up with something worth less gold in the end and then quitting
this was not a very well though out suggestion, basically pubescent chest puffing by the only person on the forums who didnt need to crop his selfie... :D
by the way, powerscrolls don't inflate the server, and incase you havent figured it out yet they especially wont inflate UOF ;)

Babethoven

Grandmaster
your a complete idiot, you act like this is something like... OH I NEED TO DROP EVERYTHING IM DOING IN GAME TO ATTEND TO THIS PS TRASHCAN....

we all know you fish 24/7 and get killed everytime you step out of brit bank dude.... theres ALOT more to experience in this old game bro, try it out sometime lololol

the whole purpose would be to take all existing powerscrolls sitting rotting away in peoples houses/banks which everyone has about 100 peacemaking/105 carps, tailors and smithys etc etc

lol people quit because they wanted to turn in there PS to clear up room and have a chance to get something useful/better??? my dude... you still got a brain in there? I mean thanks for telling us you'd go cry like a lil ***** if you turned in powerscrolls to clear up item count and a chance to earn something nice, but then again... you'd have to step outside of brit to have a chance at a powerscroll first anyways, do you know what those are? It's those White scrolls that drop off CH-AMP-ION "SP-AWNS" say it with me now *repeat for yourself to learn the word*

I seen it work well on other shards I played, I mean I salute your effort since your in my fan club to try your hardest each and everyday to fail troll but it'd a great idea.... I mean from what you said its clear you never earned shit on here, you abused a bug and got $$ out the ass for it and never played like everyone else... anyone who knows your background and how you snitched on the Koreans, can put 2 and 2 together just based on what you replied with... -1 hahaha

Bromista

Grandmaster
Pretty entertaining read, thanks guys.

Not a terrible idea. Also not likely to be implemented even though it wouldn't hurt anything...I just don't see staff going for it. The only scrolls that don't get bought and eaten by some new player somewhere are priced 3X market value and sit on otherwise empty vendors. They certainly aren't cluttering the server up.

That being said, turning in a bunch of shit scrolls for a chance at getting a good one would be a fun way to gamble. And if someone quits because they gambled and lost...well they have no business playing a game of dice rolls anyway so fuck 'um.

In short I support this idea because meh, easy to implement and adds a little depth to the powerscroll experience. We'll see, I reckon.

Sarphus

Journeyman
I'm going to pm you because I'm looking to buy some PS (new here).

That said, I agree with OP. It's good for the game economy to create systems that allow people to consume PS in exchange for something

halygon

Grandmaster
After reading this (apparently I missed it the first time around a month ago) I came to the realization that powerscrolls are waaay to damn easy to get on this shard if you guys have large surpluses of them. What the hell do you guys do, horde all the PS and then dribble them out to keep the prices up?

No, this is not a good idea. What is a good idea apparently is to limit the number of PS drops on each champ spawn to one. Hell, let's make it so that there is only a *chance* for one to drop. That would reduce the item number more than anything else -- forget a reward trashcan where you can just get more items.

Macunzo

Adept
I got my little people PS mostly from Flube. Fair prices, easy transaction via vendor, no bs "auctions".

Ima Carebear, and am all for making it easier for reds to roll the champ spawns ;)