Protect from thieving?

DocOp

Adept
Can you stack spell books and rune books over a pouch and make thieves unable to get their hands in there? Or is my effort wasted?

Yoko Kurama

Master
Also, if you insist on going afk in town, or you are going to trade, use the wbb safespot! It is a nice safe spot to recall from...In many areas, the thief will steal right as you hit recall. Trapped boxes are good, even a simple locked box or magic lock works and you can still use reagents and stuff inside.

Rikket_The_Rogue

Grandmaster
For reagents and crafting resources throw your items in a lock-box and lock it with 'Magic Lock'.
Thieves can't pick the magic lock and if they even try to magic unlock it they will be revealed by the casting itself.

For potions, and band-aids throw them in a trapped pouch, and put that pouch in a trapped pouch, then put that pouch in a trapped pouch and so-on till you feel secure.

Always weigh down your lock-boxes/trapped pouches in question to at least 20~25 stones. The reason being thieves have a max steal weight and I'm fairly certain it's about 18 stones, but I like to assume it's higher; that way they can't steal the lock box and/or trapped pouches themselves and riddle it out later.

I never tried hiding stuff behind a crate or some-such, it could work I suppose. If nothing else it's another layer of defense, or just plain obfuscation.

Like my programming teacher is fond of saying, 'Security through obscurity.'

DocOp

Adept
Speaking of trapped pouches. Do all the vets use those in pvp? I think I read somewhere that you can use a trapped pouch to counter being paralyzed. Oh, and paralyze....
I should probably make another thread, but I'm pretty sure paralyze isn't working for me. I been hitting mobs and getting that 'you deliver a paralyzing blow' only to be smacked by a mob.......I thought you were paralyzed?!
And yes, I understand that the timing may not be very long. I get the para message and have gotten instantaneously hit by mobs. I thought it was happening a while ago, but wanted to be certain since I only noticed it with earth else

Yoko Kurama

Master
Speaking of trapped pouches. Do all the vets use those in pvp? I think I read somewhere that you can use a trapped pouch to counter being paralyzed. Oh, and paralyze....
I should probably make another thread, but I'm pretty sure paralyze isn't working for me. I been hitting mobs and getting that 'you deliver a paralyzing blow' only to be smacked by a mob.......I thought you were paralyzed?!
And yes, I understand that the timing may not be very long. I get the para message and have gotten instantaneously hit by mobs. I thought it was happening a while ago, but wanted to be certain since I only noticed it with earth else
Ya, the trapped pouches will break para...they even sell a pouch here with multiple charges.
this server has a great feature where if you type [pouch it will make one go off.
Paralyzing blow is more a way to get a quick interrupt in during pvp...this is why you see so many people using long spears. It is only a split second stun, but it does do significant damage.
The way stun currently works, you can still be hit in melee range when they are stunned, it stops them from moving. When it comes to group pvp, the stunning blow can really make a difference! Someone running, and then 1 para blow and they dead.