Provoke Bard with stealth?

Cleophus

Expert
I have a 7x GM Provo bard (provoke, hiding, music, magery, eval intel, meditation, and resist spells)

I recently discovered the joys of stealth and I was wondering if anyone had advice on using stealth with a bard character. Id drop resist for stealth so I could safely search for good mobs, escape, and get my body back if I die. I figure resist doesnt help me too often and the ability to stealth could compensate for my lack of resist in some areas: like getting close to mobs un detected, escaping from pks, traveling un noticed ect. What do you think?

Malkraven

Grandmaster
i play my bard with no resist with little problems i just dont fight it out with reds . I just run/recall and return with my mage.

on a side note Tracking will detect people with gm hiding/stealth 50% of the time even at 0.0.

Trigger

Neophyte
I use something similar to this template and love it. I also have fishing instead of ei. It works great for finding good mobs/paragons and even better for recovering your items from your corpse should you die.

Lexington

Grandmaster
Cleophus said:
I have a 7x GM Provo bard (provoke, hiding, music, magery, eval intel, meditation, and resist spells)

I recently discovered the joys of stealth and I was wondering if anyone had advice on using stealth with a bard character. Id drop resist for stealth so I could safely search for good mobs, escape, and get my body back if I die. I figure resist doesnt help me too often and the ability to stealth could compensate for my lack of resist in some areas: like getting close to mobs un detected, escaping from pks, traveling un noticed ect. What do you think?

I know if you go off screen the mobs quit fighting... do they stay fighting if you're hidden and still on screen?

Karl Sagan

Grandmaster
At gm hiding the mobs stay provoked.

I think stealth bard would be a riot, great for recovering bodies (and looting them as well). Plus you can stealth up and Provo mobs onto people, works wonders with tamers who stand right next to paragons...

parsnip

Grandmaster
There was a gargoyle paragon at an IDOC yesterday and this stealther named Kenny Loggins kept provoking my EVs onto me - Was quite entertaining. He also had detect hidden in his build, seemed to be a masterful troller :D

I played my THunter with Hiding, Stealth, Music and Provoke (as well as LPing, Carto, Magery) for a while and had a blast. I agree that Stealthing up to an "optimal Provoking location" (whatever the f... that means) should make up for the loss of Magic Resist, as far as PvE is concerned.

i think theres only 3 classes that need stealth:

thieves, dungeon chest pickers, and stealth mages. maybe resource gatherers, but thats pretty much it. every other template having hiding AND stealth is practically useless, unless youre a *****.