Punishment for the crime JAIL

bin Laden

Expert
First I'd like to say thanks to staff of uo forever for making an awesome server, being a developer i know how much work it is and greatly appreciate it. keep up the good work. It is amazing to see the player base keep rising over the few months I've played and would love to see it keep rising.

That being said one thing that makes players stop playing is STAT LOSS. Now I'm sure all pks have accepted stat loss is just how it is here but i havnt met anyone who thinks it is good.
what usually happens is..we are running around having fun until someone dies. the person gets stat losed and its like "AHH FUCK seeya guys i cant play anymore" and slowly everyone just logs off. Now having less reds does make it better for the rest of the server as now blues can enjoy the game without constantly being killed, but is there a better way other than making the red log off?

Can we come up with some more ideas?

Here is one.

JAIL.

Now instead of statloss all murders who have their heads turned in get sent to JAIL. and serve their time. In jail you are given jail clothes, no mount, you can still use ur bank, skills, spells but you cannot escape. Throw all the murders and thieves into jail and let them ress/kill, greif and troll each other all day long.
This way all the blues are safe for a set time and the reds can still do what they do. Hell some reds might even like it in jail and form gangs and hierarchies. Can you imagine that... a prison full of murders greifing each other.. HELL YEAH

dont like trammel? check out uo forever!
what are your thoughts

Last edited by a moderator:

bin Laden

Expert
i do have more than one red, but thats just another way around the system.
or just stay blue and kill someone once a day?

besttherewas

Grandmaster
There was a great idea a while back. Whereby if a red gets his head turned in then instead of stat he is unable to attack blues for 48 hours but can attack faction pussies. And blues can attack the red making them grey and thus red can fight back.

adding to this the red could be like a yellow hue or something if in that kind of stat.

was a great idea, but alot of bad players cried as usual who have nfi.

**I think 48 hours is too long anyways.

bin Laden

Expert
why? the point of stat loss is so stop many reds from roaming the lands and driving blue players off. i get it you hate reds fair enough, but you can stop the reds from driving other players off without having the red log off

K A Z

Grandmaster
Statloss inside Dungeons: Yes !

Statloss outside Dungeons: No ! (maybe at mining spots and stuff like that)

Yea thats all I basicly have to say to that.

Antelope

Apprentice
why? the point of stat loss is so stop many reds from roaming the lands and driving blue players off. i get it you hate reds fair enough, but you can stop the reds from driving other players off without having the red log off

I apologize I didn't read your original post correctly the first time. I don't see anything wrong with your idea. I immediately got this vision of having to fight the same reds all day everyday and never getting to do anything else.

Ashpool

Novice
Statloss inside Dungeons: Yes !

Statloss outside Dungeons: No ! (maybe at mining spots and stuff like that)

Yea thats all I basicly have to say to that.

That's actually a really good idea. Statloss on the dungeon map only.

K A Z

Grandmaster
Yea I mean.. what is a red outside of a Dungeon? He is someone that creates PVP. A character freely attackable by every newbie out there, every bascinet helmet wearing [young]. Punishing those people because they're trying to generate PVP is just stupid IMO. I can see that Statloss inside Dungeons is necessary and I really feel like it should be harder but outside a Dungeon? Nah man. I usually run my PK solo around Brit and fight faction guilds and blue PVPers 1v3 and since most of those people don't realize that statlossing me is worse to them than to me (since I can just hop on a factioner and kill other factions while they'll still be blue PVPers at the end of the day) I'd love to have more statloss free zones. If not the whole map besides the dungeon then atleast places like West Bridge. I DO understand that this place gets alot of newbie traffic but I also see that its THE hotspot for blue vs red PVP on this Server. And the action is killed many times by blues that don't think before they act / are led by their hurt feelings.

Defari

Adept
Get ride of the "head turn-in" system - institute 48 hr automatic stat loss inside dungeons only on death. BAM!

old azz

Adept
First I'd like to say thanks to staff of uo forever for making an awesome server, being a developer i know how much work it is and greatly appreciate it. keep up the good work. It is amazing to see the player base keep rising over the few months I've played and would love to see it keep rising.

That being said one thing that makes players stop playing is STAT LOSS. Now I'm sure all pks have accepted stat loss is just how it is here but i havnt met anyone who thinks it is good.
what usually happens is..we are running around having fun until someone dies. the person gets stat losed and its like "AHH FUCK seeya guys i cant play anymore" and slowly everyone just logs off. Now having less reds does make it better for the rest of the server as now blues can enjoy the game without constantly being killed, but is there a better way other than making the red log off?

Here is one.

JAIL.

Now instead of statloss all murders who have their heads turned in get sent to JAIL. and serve their time. In jail you are given jail clothes, no mount, you can still use ur bank, skills, spells but you cannot escape. Throw all the murders and thieves into jail and let them ress/kill, greif and troll each other all day long.
This way all the blues are safe for a set time and the reds can still do what they do. Hell some reds might even like it in jail and form gangs and hierarchies. Can you imagine that... a prison full of murders greifing each other.. HELL YEAH

what are your thoughts

I think stat loss is good... ads another element of game. being a red I love killing other reds (the few ive seen) and getting money or putting them out of commission for awhile.

also makes it more interesting being red (givin more of a shit bout dying, getting buddies head while fighting, or sneaking in on thief and jacking your head back)

Lexington

Grandmaster

Here is one.

JAIL.

what are your thoughts

Might be kind of fun??

Reemer

Master

Here is one.

JAIL.

what are your thoughts

i think stat loss is good