PVM Weapon choice

Weland

Grandmaster
So classic questions between the following does one have a significant advantage over the others:

Fencing
Swords
Mace ( I prefer mace because I love the war axe)

Shortbus

Grandmaster
Warhammer for PvP of course...but this is a PvM discussion.

Mace - Warhammer and Waraxe are the only ones I would ever consider using. Warhammer for the damage and crushing blow to lower armor, but Waraxe for pots if you use them.

Fencing - Longspear/Shortspear for the para blow, or Kryss/Warfork if you want to poison

Swords - Katana (speed), Longsword/Broadsword (next fastest and still decent damage), Viking sword for more damage but slower...all can be poisoned

If you are not using Parry, but using pots, go with any of the 1h and cannot go wrong but you can use a disarm/drink/rearm macro. So many different scenarios though.

If you are strictly PvM, go Swords and Lumberjack for the bonus damage at GM LJ and the chance at a concussive blow to lower int/mana and use strictly axes. The rest are up for grabs and everyone has different likes/dislikes...play what you like to play :)

Personally, I like the Warhammers though :)

Kilike

Grandmaster
Generally I think the consensus is to go with whatever you have the most slayers of.

If that's not an issue this is how I break it down.

Macing: the worst of the 3. Slower and only the 2handers are worth

Swords: Well rounded, focused on using kats, can DP them, fast, solid damage, plenty of decent 2handers for relic procs if going bers meta.

Fencing: Best option imo. Kyrss and warfork focused with spears for 2hander. Can DP Kryss and fork, fast solid damage, can switch to spear for relics and a para blow.

Sent from my SM-G900P

Trojandrew

Grandmaster
From my knowledge, swords/fencing 1h will be katanas/war forks if you use poisoning, then spears/halbards at full stamina for big blows (so its a preference). You can go 2h Axes with LJ for nice dmg tho
Maces are more pop b/c they degrade the durability of armor)

Weland

Grandmaster
Thanks for all the input. I'm a parry dexxer with this guy but I am thinking of switching back to swords. I'll give a bit of a run till I GM and see how mace works for me but swords might be were I go with this.

kurtis

Grandmaster
I agree that macing is the weakest for PvM. And a lot of it is what sort of weapon stock you have. You can switch between fighting skills in less than an hour of unattended macroing in a dungeon, so I will switch often. Using slayers almost always pays for itself, unless you die all the time.

When I did roll a macer for PvM, it was because I was PvPing on that char and I wanted a macer (I only have one dexer). I would typically use either a q-staff or a club. This was because I have a legendary carpenter and I had a bunch of wood for some reason. I preferred the q-staff for raw damage, but I liked the club when I needed to wear a shield (to reduce xp penalty on my defense talisman). Despite the lack of crushing blows, a Q staff will out perform a warhammer in PvM by a long shot.