PVP Archery

Karl Sagan

Grandmaster
No need to get upset Karl, some people have been away from the game since before this came in. Thank you for the clarification though.

I'm not man, but really we have people complaining about things like OP wrestling without understanding how basic game mechanics work. It's not like it a mystery.

wreckognize

Grandmaster
I'm basically the self appointed authority on this server as far as where Archery meets PvP, and I disagree that swing rate needs to be able to block a mages greater heal.

I've also been strongly advocating a change in the amount that AR blocks damage from a bow, but since the Booty island release, I think it would be overpowered.

I really don't expect to see any archery buffs happening soon, especially now that rolling stealth archer groups on booty island is a must, considering the EV nerf and healing nerf leaves you totally defenseless against them.

aIck

Grandmaster
You told me how it works, but I don't like it.
ftfy

You do realize I've been on this shard pretty much from the launch to this day? Did it happen to slip in your mind that I may have, in fact, played on multiple archer characters in both PvM and PvP settings?

I know what I'm typing about, UO mechanics ain't rocket science.

I must say I've always thought archers needed some love on this server. I am a little lost though. I can be on my dexxer with a dp katana +25 chasing someone down with exp pots and if I stay next to them while running, I can smack the crap out of them, dp them and throw expo pots.... Or even if they stood there with mini heal constantly casting (because of course my katana is in warp speed mode and they cannot cast greater heal) and chugging cure and heal pots. More then likely still would die. Then get on my archer and well... Try to chase them down (with a +25 magic bow) but having to stop for a second just for a small chance your normal arrow is going to hit them. Then try to catch up? No power to the arrows, can't throw expo pots... And like I did above. We just stand still. I Surprisingly make a hit with my bow and waiting for it to shoot again.... And they cast greater heal.... Or even if they did just mini heals... I still lose. Just my opinion. Something needs to happen so we can have some archers in the pvp world.