Pvp question - Steam/Razor vs Sallos

Zump

Neophyte
Hi all

Recently started playing, was wondering which one is the most used among pvpers ?

i keep reading about sallos but never tried it out myself

i have a couple of concerns :

- with steam/razor you can use bandageself from UOclient that let's you apply a bandage without loosing pre-casted spell target ( if this is true at all ) can this be obtained with sallos ?
- i kinda hate spell queue, is sallos still faster than steam/razor if using a macro that for example does cast harm - last target ?

Thanks

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
sallos doesnt really have a macro system like razor/steam do -- if youre interested in a smooth client that requires mostly manual play, then sallos is for you.

if you like how razor/steam automate a lot of PVP functions, then steam/razor is for you.

Zump

Neophyte
lol :D keep hearing different options on this :)

was kinda sure that all pvpers in here were using sallos

does anyone have an answer to the questions in my topic ?

drasked

Grandmaster
i kinda hate spell queue, is sallos still faster than steam/razor if using a macro that for example does cast harm - last target ?

You should never use a macro like that, you almost always want to hold on to spells for a moment to use fast casting.

And no you can't do that bandage trick on sallos.

razor and steam use the original UO client and sallos is its own client.

Zump

Neophyte
You should never use a macro like that, you almost always want to hold on to spells for a moment to use fast casting.

And no you can't do that bandage trick on sallos.

razor and steam use the original UO client and sallos is its own client.

i've seen many pvp video where ppl use spell queue, doesn't that negate fast casting as well ? same as the macro i posted?

drasked

Grandmaster
do you mind elaborating ? never used spell queue, can't understand if it is worth

It's a preference thing i think. I didn't use it at first and practiced duels without queue for a month or more when i just started. I then switched to queue and liked it a lot more, allows your spells to be dropped perfectly when needed.

kolbycrouch

Master
Drasked is right.

It's all about controlling your queue. Regardless of your client/assistant. They all feel a bit different though.

Steam is fine if you play a lot of different characters, run a lot of macro's to craft/etc.

If you use only hotkeys on steam, it's comparable to razor.

Razor is good because it's bad. Using only hotkeys on razor is probably the most skillful IMO. Because razor has it's own gimpy feeling to it, you have to master the assistant itself.

If you want to play manually, but have a client that does what it says it will do, then Sallos is the way to go.

kolbycrouch

Master
Please elaborate
Razors targeting was always buggy for me, refusing to drop spells on your last target, thinking it is out of range.

Razors "smart targeting" was always strange. UOsteam is better.

On this server, if I'm holding a spell I can't cast another spell unless I cancel target.

On my last server, casting another spell would cancel your held spell.

This was convenient for big spells that you load and hold, but added skill to casting small spells.

with 2/6 casting, people would constantly overcast.

Avoiding this with Razor was a skill in and of itself.

Steams target queuing is so quick, that it makes it impossible for this to happen.

I guess some of this doesn't apply here, but some does.

If you use only hotkeys on razor/steam, than the casting isn't any different than simple sallos macro's.

But sallos's biggest advantages, aquire target and the huge visibility can't be done on razor/steam.

aIck

Grandmaster
Razors targeting was always buggy for me, refusing to drop spells on your last target, thinking it is out of range.

On this server, if I'm holding a spell I can't cast another spell unless I cancel target.

This was convenient for big spells that you load and hold, but added skill to casting small spells.

Steams target queuing is so quick, that it makes it impossible for this to happen.

If you use only hotkeys on razor/steam, than the casting isn't any different than simple sallos macro's.

But sallos's biggest advantages, aquire target and the huge visibility can't be done on razor/steam.
Righty-o, I though it was something absolutely broken and crippling :eek:

Sparhawk

Grandmaster

'Huge visibility'....say what now?

Shoko

Novice
I find it easier to play alchemist Mage on Sallos. The pot throw seems to be smoother compared to steam.

What I don't like about Sallos is not being able to hold spell if target runs out of range. And also for showing boura as a horse.

kurtis

Grandmaster
The Sallos client runs so much smoother and for me that has an enormous impact. If I'm in a PvM situation that turns PvP, I've been known to switch clients if I can get a few seconds of downtime. That's how big the difference is to me. I see no reason to not have both installed. Just pick the one that you like the best.

aIck

Grandmaster
'Huge visibility'....say what now?
prolly this
jS3QikN.jpg

compared to this
B5w4Vh2.jpg

Classic client (Razor/UOSteam) have dem black voids and because it's so choppy it feels like people just pop out of existence. Or something like that.

Probably.

Posiibly.

idk