PvP Solution - Battleground?

halygon

Grandmaster
I have a duel pit at my house on uoforever and it works great. Build it right and the only griefing from outside are EQs and even then, who cares cause everyone in the pr event jumps the reds outside. You can also ban any individuals not playing by the rules.

Also, you can customize your pit to do whatever you want pretty much. Make on opponent a friend and the other guy will be grey to him. Easy stuff. If you run an event like this I will fight in there.

Fenix

Journeyman
This convo has been at FULL * for at least a day or two now cmon drop this shit lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Winstonian

Grandmaster
I have a duel pit at my house on uoforever and it works great. Build it right and the only griefing from outside are EQs and even then, who cares cause everyone in the pr event jumps the reds outside. You can also ban any individuals not playing by the rules.

Also, you can customize your pit to do whatever you want pretty much. Make on opponent a friend and the other guy will be grey to him. Easy stuff. If you run an event like this I will fight in there.
Interesting. Once I build up here, I'll look towards getting something like this going.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

halygon

Grandmaster
It's fun, plus the decor you put into it really pays off as you get to show it off to more than just your friends.

I always like to have chains, blood smears, and vines in mine. Don't forget the audience seats, the prep area, and pet stalls.

Drake Roberts

Grandmaster
i love when people who don't pvp suggest things. it's EMAZING.

There is no such thing as people who "don't pvp" in UO. That is what makes this game so beautiful.. The open sand box concept.. Whether you try to engage in PVP purposefully, or you are a miner with little to no defenses, you still will find yourself pvping in this game.. When making a "PVM" character, the majority of people still account for PVP in their build, which is why you see so many 5xMage-Bard builds or maybe some hiding/stealth if you aren't as good at offensive pvp and would rather play defensive. There is no escaping pvp in this game.. Even a bank sitter will find himself involved in pvp.., whether it be from thieves or from people dropping afk explosion bombs on your head and killing you in town, to rare pet thieves. People would talk shit when I played my thief all the time, saying I should pvp (as if that would validate me or give me more UO E-credit in their opinion), but imo, playing my thief was just as much ( if not more) "pvp" (player versus player) as when I played my pk or faction character.. I hardly play at all in comparison to before, but I thought I'd give my two cents anyways because even though I am much more inactive now, I still love this game..

Don't write someone and their opinion off just because they don't go about pvping the same way you do.. I personally loved being able to go out solo with my thief and cause all types of havoc. I enjoy that far more than rolling with a group of 2-3 other stun mages and killing everyone we saw in dungeons/towns.

All that being said, I am not saying I agree with the OPer and his battlegrounds idea.. I simply saw your comment and I have seen similar comments made before by others when other ideas were suggested.. and I just wanted to address that because I really don't think it is fair to the whole community. It's good to have many differing views/opinions/ideas.. Not all of them are going to be good ones.. and of the good ones you will probably only see a fraction of them ever be implemented... but it is good to hear what others have to say.. and we may never hear them if people feel they have no say, because they aren't "hardcore" pvpers who go about pvp in the same manner as the "hardcore"