Question about Armor in UOF

Tearloch

Grandmaster
Any GM blacksmith want to do some official testing on this? Say, craft an entire suit of chainmail in all different materials and compare total AR for each suit. It would help to have a chart to know how much better each metal is.
OK, so I tested this. I crafted 9 identical suits, one from each ingot type. I started with Exception (GM) Chain Tunic, Chain Leggings, Ring Sleeves, Ring Gloves, Plate Gorget, and Close Helm.

Iron Suit gave a AR of 36. After that, each ingot type improved that total AR by 2 points, so a DC suit was 38, and a Valorite suit was 52 AR.

I did some linear interpolation, and it looks like it is about a 6% boost per ingot type. I make check to see what a true base iron set looks like. For my analysis, I used the GM Exceptional suit as the base AR (and per piece), but I know that is not totally correct. A NPC bought set would be true base. I may try this comparison and see how it lays out (to see what is the GM bonus for Exceptional).

As for leather, I did a full 6 piece studded leather suit (GM Exceptional), and got the following:
Leather - 24 AR
Spined - 29 AR (finally tested this one)
Horned - 31 AR
Barbed - 34 AR

Last edited by a moderator:

Tearloch

Grandmaster
OK, so I tested the NPC bought set of iron that I tested above, and it had a base AR of 28.

So it basically looks like GM Exceptional armor is 30% above the base AR. Each type of ingots gives about a 6.5% additional boost in AR.

I hope this helps.

Last edited by a moderator: