Question about taming Nightmares...

Casor

Adept
So, I tried taming a nightmare. I peaced it ok. But, then every time I would try to tame it, it would say it's angry at me and then attack me after a couple of tries. Is there something special you have to do to be able to tame these things?

Dwyane Wade

Grandmaster
Not really. Peacing is nice, but like you said it breaks fast. Your best bet would be to paralyze it. If you're still having trouble you could take down it's hp so that the firebreath isn't a problem

halygon

Grandmaster
Not really. Peacing is nice, but like you said it breaks fast. Your best bet would be to paralyze it. If you're still having trouble you could take down it's hp so that the firebreath isn't a problem
This^^

Knock it down to low health which minimizes firebreath damage. Then para tame till done. Pretty easy. Just make sure you take care of surrounding spawn first.

AlyM

Grandmaster
You get max stats but it knocks down skills. On pets with skills max of 100, that's fine, its just less fine when its something like a Death Beetle with over-100 skills.

Monaco

Apprentice
Thanks for the replies guys... And Aly, that's exactly what I was wondering about; what happens to high level mobs with skills over 100? Guess I'll stick with peacing until I finish all I need to finish.

halygon

Grandmaster
You get max stats but it knocks down skills. On pets with skills max of 100, that's fine, its just less fine when its something like a Death Beetle with over-100 skills.
For pets with the poison skill -- the skill level is completely superfluous and that the pet will poison the same regardless of their skill.