Question on +100 skill mechanics

Lyxx

Expert
If I have a character with 103 taming, and I want to take it to 115 taming, can I then also eat a powerscroll for 105 provo and gain skill up to 105 provo, while having taming above 100 as well? Or do I need to lower another skill to 95?

Malkraven

Grandmaster
if you have only eaten a 115 scroll your cap will be 715 not 720 so no.

the only way you could do this would be to eat another set of cheap scrolls to unlock the 720 cap or eat a 120 tame and not use it ( which you obv wont do lol)

Lyxx

Expert
I've only eaten a 105 taming scroll. I have 110 and 115 taming in the bank, waiting. So can I eat a 105 provo scroll and gain? I don't understand the cap mechanics yet....

Malkraven

Grandmaster
No only the first time u eat a scroll of each lvl will raise the cap so to unlock 720 you would need to eat a 105/110/115/120 in the same skill

eating 2 105s in diff skills will not give u a cap of 110

to achieve what you want you would need to eat a full set of peace(cheap) scrolls to raise the cap to 720 then raise the tame to 115 then eat the 105 prov and raise prov to 105

Bromista

Grandmaster
If you are already at your skill cap you will have to eat into another skill. Now this would be the worst case example and no one would ever do it, but if you can buy a few cheap PS you can do tailoring or peacemaking to 120 to be able to have 115/105. Maybe you don't do it on this char but it can be handy on other builds, I've done it on a few chars.

May as well go all out for your tamer though. My archer tamer has eaten 120 peace but has 115 taming/lore with 90 med instead of 85. Every little bit helps.

Bromista

Grandmaster
You can eat as many PS and gain as much skill over cap as you like, you will just have to suffer it in other skills. 2 105's = still 105 cap so you will need to dip to 95 in something.

Lyxx

Expert
Okay, that clarifies it somewhat. So that means that a character can never have above 720 in skill points...

Is it enough for me to consume 105, 110, 115 and 120 scrolls to unlock the 720 skill cap? I won't actually have to gain up, say, 120 tailoring to unlock the 720 caps, and then afterwards have to drop tailoring down again?

So does that mean that I can eat the 110 and 115 taming scrolls, even though my char is only at 103 taming, to unlock 715 skill cap, and then raise provo to 105? Because it will be a loooong time until I go above 110 taming.

Malkraven

Grandmaster
you will have to gain im afraid you cant eat the 110 untill u are at 105 and so on so u will need to raise the skill to at least 115 to beable to eat the 120 scroll.

Lyxx

Expert
Oh, okay. So that would mean that in order to accomplish the 105 provo/115 taming setup on this character, I would have to drop for example meditation to 95, then eat 105 provo, gain up to 105 provo. Then eat 110 taming and continue taming up to 115?

Malkraven

Grandmaster
well first your would need to unlock the 720 cap by dropping some skills and doin this
-train 100 peace/tailor
-eat 105/train 105 (peace/tailor)
-eat 110/train 110 (peace/tailor)
-eat 115/ train 115 (peace/tailor)
-eat 120. (peace/tailor)
-then drop peace to 0 and retarin w.e u droped ( meditation or w/e)
-then train 105 prov and 115 tame eating scrolls as req

for me this seem like alot of effort and cost for 105 prov tbh

Lyxx

Expert
Wow, yes... But why doesn't it work that I drop meditation to 95 - that releases 5 skillpoints, why can't they be used for provo to 105?

Malkraven

Grandmaster
Say that I had 120 taming. Could I then not drop meditation to 95 to get 105 provo?

yes ofc if u sacrafice points on med u can have 105 prov. you can eat as many scrolls as you like as long as you dont exceed your current cap which would be 715 after u eat your 115 tame

Lyxx

Expert
Yay. So I will drop meditation to 95, then I will train up provo to 105. Then I will keep the taming going as usual. :) Thanks for helping to clarify this!

Young Star

Grandmaster
You only have to gain up to 115 in skill to be able to eat a 120. This then raises your total cap to 720. You don't have to train that particular skill to the 120 cap if you want to use the space for something else. There are plenty of people that train up an easy and cheap gaining skill that has power scrolls just to get their skill cap to 720. Most popular is peace or tailoring. Then they drop that skill completely to replace with what they really want and have an extra 20 points to work into their ideal template.

In your case with taming you will likely be putting all your extra skill into taming. If you want any other skill over gm then you will have to take from another support skill. Someone with 120 taming and lore had to take 20 points from something else.