Question, will pet statloss be looked at.....?

Lexington

Grandmaster
Will pet statloss be looked at or are we going to have to live with what we have?

I know there has been a lot of talk about the current system and was just wondering if an official post from an admin has been made and I just missed it?

halygon

Grandmaster
There has been a lot of talk about it since it was implemented. I have not seen any staff updates given regarding a change in the current mechanics.

What issues are you referring to?

Gareth

Apprentice
I'm guessing the issue with gaining skills like Magic Resist...which can take a month to gain a point back even though you lose it with each death.

Soul Mate

Grandmaster
I'm guessing the issue with gaining skills like Magic Resist...which can take a month to gain a point back even though you lose it with each death.

Wow, I just came back and had 3 other people come back with me. I had no idea it was that bad. what else has gone on with Taming that is negative?Thank you for replying Lexington .

Lexington

Grandmaster
There has been a lot of talk about it since it was implemented. I have not seen any staff updates given regarding a change in the current mechanics.

What issues are you referring to?

Most of the talk is around the skill gain rates......... personally I'd love to see the whole system scraped. I just don't understand the need for it??

Karl Sagan

Grandmaster
Most of the talk is around the skill gain rates......... personally I'd love to see the whole system scraped. I just don't understand the need for it??

I think the issue was people abusing their pets, throwing them over and over into mobs, and generally tamers being OP in pvm. Didn't they make skill scrolls for pets?

God.RG

Grandmaster
skill scrolls for pets. problem solved.. with as many mobs as you should kill w your pets, you should have a shit ton of resist scrolls saved up, not even counting the ones you can buy from vendors.

dont let your pets die.

Malkraven

Grandmaster
i always kill tamers pet after i pk them just so they lose skills they are blue over powered pvp tanks that lose next to nothing on death esp when they run 2-3 deep or multibox (BC).

May be it could be removed from pvm death's and keep it for pvp deaths that way blue tamers still lose something on death and dont just recall back in naked with 20 of each reg and spam all guard me while dropping fs's

Or mayb up the drop rate on resist/poison/magery SS's.

VFingerDiscount

Grandmaster
If it takes a month to gain 1 point of resists you're either always provoing all mobs or fighting non casting mobs...

signature field is blank

VFingerDiscount

Grandmaster
i always kill tamers pet after i pk them just so they lose skills they are blue over powered pvp tanks that lose next to nothing on death esp when they run 2-3 deep or multibox (BC).

May be it could be removed from pvm death's and keep it for pvp deaths that way blue tamers still lose something on death and dont just recall back in naked with 20 of each reg and spam all guard me while dropping fs's

Or mayb up the drop rate on resist/poison/magery SS's.
You contradicted yourself in the first line. You pk them but they're op PvP tanks? Gtfo.

signature field is blank

Malkraven

Grandmaster
well they can be killed lol its not to bad 1v1 but 60 secs later they back over and over and over with no loss except time id like to see pets killed in pvp get more stat loss.

what i mean by tank is they just stay there hold a location no skill all guard flame strike precast and hope to fuck it insta kills if not rinse repeat.

i have no issue with tamer in pvp but they need some downside that is statloss

VFingerDiscount

Grandmaster
well they can be killed lol its not to bad 1v1 but 60 secs later they back over and over and over with no loss except time id like to see pets killed in pvp get more stat loss.

what i mean by tank is they just stay there hold a location no skill all guard flame strike precast and hope to fuck it insta kills if not rinse repeat.

i have no issue with tamer in pvp but they need some downside that is statloss
Well I mostly agree except for the just standing there... You just stand there and you just die ;)

But yeah I agree the stat loss on pets is fine. Especially if you're using them for PvP.

I think the most backlash about the stat loss is coming from strictly PvM tamers.

signature field is blank

Lexington

Grandmaster
I think the issue was people abusing their pets, throwing them over and over into mobs, and generally tamers being OP in pvm. Didn't they make skill scrolls for pets?

Yeah they made skill scrolls for pets.... but would you use one on a pet knowing that the next time it dies you just wasted it?

Lexington

Grandmaster
Well I mostly agree except for the just standing there... You just stand there and you just die ;)

But yeah I agree the stat loss on pets is fine. Especially if you're using them for PvP.

I think the most backlash about the stat loss is coming from strictly PvM tamers.

signature field is blank

If you're worried about OP pvp tamers... then make the pet stat loss 15 min temp. That way you wont hurt the PVMers.

Karl Sagan

Grandmaster
Yeah they made skill scrolls for pets.... but would you use one on a pet knowing that the next time it dies you just wasted it?

Well if the alternatives are grinding up resist or having a gimpy pet, and I didn't want to do either of those, then yeah I guess I would. How much does a resist ss cost?