Questions on place to gather gold

MochiAi

Neophyte
Hello, I am fairly new to Ultima Online Forever.

I am currently trying to gather enough gold to purchase my own house.

I always enjoyed decorating my own house in a game; however, I am in a pickle and need some advise...

I was able to gather gold for a time but as soon as Young status went away I am unable to gather even 1000 golds without being chased or killed by players with red name.

Is there a safe place to gather gold? I don't mind if it's slow at this point as long as I can actually keep some of the gold I gained from monsters because it has got to the point that the game is not enjoyable for me after dying every 10 minutes.

Thank you in advance!

MochiAi

Neophyte
Ooooh, thank you for the information everyone.

And thank you to the person who sent me a message with information!

I will try all these out hehe..

Malkraven

Grandmaster
You can make a fair amount on Ettins ect in the wild. If you play mostly peak times there is alot of reds about. We need a good Anti pk guild on the server to hand out some stat loss and thin there ranks.

You could also maybe try a treasure hunter

MochiAi

Neophyte
Oh yes, I fought ettins in the forest but red names kept on killing me as they passed by.

I found a decent dungeon where I found some good magical items but lost all of them along with 10,000 gold just now ='(

I don't think this game is for me as people can just take what I worked for an hour in a blink of an eye without consequences ='(

MochiAi said:
Oh yes, I fought ettins in the forest but red names kept on killing me as they passed by.

I found a decent dungeon where I found some good magical items but lost all of them along with 10,000 gold just now ='(

I don't think this game is for me as people can just take what I worked for an hour in a blink of an eye without consequences ='(

Sosaria is the land of opportunists, make sure you're not the one granting them opportunities.

I'm 7xGM on most of my toons now and I still bank long before I have 10k gold sitting in my bags. Recalling out to bank and back in to resume adventuring costs less than 30gp, there's no reason to wait until you're overloaded to dump loot.

No offense, but I don't even have a red character and if I notice someone farming the same area for a long while without dumping his loot, I'll consider taking a count... That's common sense. You wouldn't walk through Detroit or Compton alone carrying $10,000 in cash, so don't do it in UO either, or ...

Just make sure you have a recall macro, a few trapped pouches and a mount, and there's no reason PKs should be a problem, assuming you pay attention.

It might be time to make friends, too... United we stand, divided we fall.

Malkraven

Grandmaster
What he says .

even on my bard i survive 90% of solo/dual pks you just need to think abit if you cant fight back.

Poistion yourself so you can see them Before they can Target you.
Dont trust people just cos there blue.
Stock up on exploding pouchs to break para ganks.
Have a Macro setup to recall to the Default location on your rune book.
Hunt with friends.
Try not to panic if u fizzle your recall paralyze or LOS them and try again.
hide is pretty good for giving you a sec or two to get away.

Or

make a viable template for fighting back.

If after all this it really bothers you to die alot maybe your right it maybe its not the game for you there are other servers with Insurance and safe zones for hunting in

if u feel you wana keep playing check out the LFG section see if you can find a group that fit in with there are all types here from PVPers - Rpers.

MochiAi

Neophyte
Okay. Perhaps staying an hour at the dungeon was bad idea. I don't know how to make rune so kept on thinking one more monster before heading back since it took long time to get back. I will try to visit town faster. I will also try and learn macro thing, I tried using recall but the blue button on the book was too small and by the time I pressed it the criminal was hitting me and interrupted my recall.

I did make a friend in the game but when I do meet him in the city I always feel bad for asking to adventure together because he could probably get more things without me.

But I did find a forest far away from the city with some ettins where I was able to collect around 4000 golds without seeing anyone! I will invite all the people who gave me good advise for house warming when I build a house! I want to make a big kitchen for people to relax. Oh and one time I opened a box which blew up and killed me, when I returned to my body someone took all the items in the bag but left an apple inside which was meant for my horse which laid dead next to me. I was devastated and decided to cheer myself up by eating the apple which somehow killed me again. That was kind of funny... I bet someone poisoned the fruit and giggled while watching as I died horribly.

Malkraven

Grandmaster
Ha yea im sure they did.

if u decide to stick it out you will find it worth while no other game compares to old school UO even if you spend most of your game time laying face down. and if u need anything shout on here and Me or someone else will help if they can.

i would look for a friendly guild i know there are some around that are recruiting fresh players

GL

MochiAi said:
I did make a friend in the game but when I do meet him in the city I always feel bad for asking to adventure together because he could probably get more things without me.

Don't feel bad about asking for "help" or simply someone to play with. Sure, they might make more gold without you in their way, but that's irrelevant. Most players will care more about having fun, playing with a friend and helping a new player out than they will about their gold/hour profit ratio.

Long-ish story follows, skip to tl;dr if you don't care... :D

For that matter, after playing over a month on this shard and getting myself two houses and most of my characters being fully trained (FUUUU Poisoning...), I started to lose interest in the game, since I had achieved most of my goals already. That's when luck (or fate?) struck and I ran into a RL friend I hadn't seen in 5+ years, who happens to play on this shard. We hit it up and we decided to ask a few more of our old UO pals if they felt like giving UO another run. 2 of them already joined us, so along with my buddy, his GF and myself, we're 5 strong now. Long story short, I have much more fun playing now that I play with friends and even my friend who plays a Tamer/Bard/Mage template (which certainly would make more money if he didn't have to "carry" us) is having way more fun playing with us than he did while he was going solo...

tl;dr: Before I ran into him, he'd log once a week, to refresh his houses and farm for an hour before he got tired of it, but in the last week, we both probably played 40+ hours. It's not all about hoarding gold and loot. Just ask, worst that can happen is they'll say no.

MochiAi said:
But I did find a forest far away from the city with some ettins where I was able to collect around 4000 golds without seeing anyone! I will invite all the people who gave me good advise for house warming when I build a house! I want to make a big kitchen for people to relax. Oh and one time I opened a box which blew up and killed me, when I returned to my body someone took all the items in the bag but left an apple inside which was meant for my horse which laid dead next to me. I was devastated and decided to cheer myself up by eating the apple which somehow killed me again. That was kind of funny... I bet someone poisoned the fruit and giggled while watching as I died horribly.

LOL. That just made my day. THIS ^^ is why I play UO. :mrgreen:

Red Knight

Neophyte
MochiAi said:
Okay. Perhaps staying an hour at the dungeon was bad idea. I don't know how to make rune so kept on thinking one more monster before heading back since it took long time to get back. I will try to visit town faster.
You can buy runes from NPC mages for 11-15 gold and mark them with the level 6 spell 'Mark'. Since you're using runebook charges I'm assuming you're a warrior; in which case try to get a mage to help you out.

MochiAi said:
As Panik says, MMOs are about the people not the grind. Unfortunately most modern MMOs have forgotten that.

MochiAi said:
Oh and one time I opened a box which blew up and killed me, when I returned to my body someone took all the items in the bag but left an apple inside which was meant for my horse which laid dead next to me.
Before reaching the 700 skill cap you may want to visit the local stable and train in Animal Taming. It will be cheaper to tame horses rather than shell out 500 gold everytime your horse dies. There's a large spawn of horses west of Britain Moongate in particular.

Creeep

Neophyte
If you're still looking for a house, I have a small tower you can have. Get 10 posts and send me a private message.

MochiAi

Neophyte
Creeep said:
If you're still looking for a house, I have a small tower you can have. Get 10 posts and send me a private message.

Thank you so much but I would like to build my own to my liking.

I want garden and stuff...

Creeep

Neophyte
Well let me know if you change your mind. It could be a nice starter tower until you farm enough gold to buy your customizable house (which can be very expensive) also I don't have a problem helping you get established, regs, runebooks, armor, weps. Or pro advice/tips. Just give me a holler.