Rare Monster Drops

Bromista

Grandmaster
@Bromista
- flax flowers = Elemental Drop... seems correct. It was reported elsewhere a fire elemental dropped these. But are we sure it's all elementals? Because we also have the galleon wheel dropping from a Deep Water Elemental, which makes sense considering... you know, boats n all... but likely not all elementals.
- backpack (reversed) = Humanoid Drop... can you clarify? It was reported elsewhere that Undead Executioner's & Vampire's dropped these.
- Do you have any other findings?

@The End
- What MOB did saddle drop from?
- What MOB did feathers drop from?
Kinda old news but I never replied

There is supposed to be a local loot table specific to spawn type, as well as a global loot table that all spawn pull from. In theory you can get any rare from any spawn and staff have all but confirmed that in casual conversation.

So while it's seemingly possible that a demon or an undead spawn could drop the same items as elementals or humanoids, the trend is for spawn to drop within their loot table with a higher frequency.

I still haven't gotten anything besides an invasion drop since my original findings.

For as much stuff as I have killed over the years, and now I can add maxing a Tali to the body count, you would think I'd have more claim to my name than two reversed backpacks and some flowers sheesh.

Saddle is a primarily humanoid drop.

Still haven't heard of any marble tables dropping....I'm sure a few have...would be nice to get some hints ppl don't be stingy ;)

Need tables

I cannot stress this enough, have gold will spend

Todd Hiltz

Expert
Kinda old news but I never replied

I still haven't gotten anything besides an invasion drop since my original findings.

For as much stuff as I have killed over the years, and now I can add maxing a Tali to the body count, you would think I'd have more claim to my name than two reversed backpacks and some flowers sheesh.

Saddle is a primarily humanoid drop.

Still haven't heard of any marble tables dropping....I'm sure a few have...would be nice to get some hints ppl don't be stingy ;)

Need tables

I cannot stress this enough, have gold will spend
This is good news to me as it seems that the drops are rare or as Shane said " very rare"

Bromista

Grandmaster
I agree...to a degree...

Fact is only the same few items show themselves with enough regularity to come up for sale ever: saddles, signs, graves, tarot

Bids get outrageous for the elusive items that could stand to be more commonplace and you got whackjobs like me spending a mil on a little lily pad because they are so uncommon that ppl with too much gold kinda squash the chances for others to buy.

People like to mention the lack of quests on UOF...could there a scrounger quest that improves your chances of finding miscellaneous useful items on corpses? Some trinket like the rda gem with a drop increase? It's a common thread in many games I don't think it would be unreasonable.

Because we all know the bonus you get from that is negligible at best but it at least tricks us into thinking we'll get more drops and maybe we do just by virtue of the fact that we would get out and hunt more?

Contracts are a nice farming motivator but I just want a tad bit better drop rates personally and I'll take em however I can get em, I don't think the system will be getting any attention though. One can dream.

Bromista

Grandmaster

IDDQD

Thats funny, Athrez. Sorry to be kinda off-topic, but:

I was bored and running around Yew and I popped by the GY and killed the lich and a few skeletons (this was on monday IIRC). One of the skeletons dropped an (orange colored) keg of greater cure potions, half full. 'Funny' I thought. Must have been an IDOC or something. I ran NE along the road, not killing a thing for a while. After crossing the bridge there was a hind standing in the road. For no good reason I killed it as I ran past it and the corpse auto-opened and it had a chest on its corpse. 'What?' I thought to myself. I opened it and IT HAD F*#%ING 1,7 MILLION IN GOLD COINS IN IT! ON A HIND! Totally random kill! I'm not even kidding.
Is this the cause of an IDOC or what? Craziest luck ever, killing that random hind!

King Dingaling

Grandmaster
Thats funny, Athrez. Sorry to be kinda off-topic, but:

I was bored and running around Yew and I popped by the GY and killed the lich and a few skeletons (this was on monday IIRC). One of the skeletons dropped an (orange colored) keg of greater cure potions, half full. 'Funny' I thought. Must have been an IDOC or something. I ran NE along the road, not killing a thing for a while. After crossing the bridge there was a hind standing in the road. For no good reason I killed it as I ran past it and the corpse auto-opened and it had a chest on its corpse. 'What?' I thought to myself. I opened it and IT HAD F*#%ING 1,7 MILLION IN GOLD COINS IN IT! ON A HIND! Totally random kill! I'm not even kidding.
Is this the cause of an IDOC or what? Craziest luck ever, killing that random hind!
yup..idoc random loot. thats why i check everything i kill lol