Razor desync's every couple of screens (help)

Just wondering if anyone experiences razor de-syncing from UO every couple of screens?

i have a re-sync hot key, but everytime i hit it i lose a few tiles if running. It's super annoying and appears to be getting worse as in every few screens i have to hit my hot key. My last target hot key won't work if the client is de-synced, which can make pvp SUPER annoying, especially with pots hitting myself or spells not going off 2 tiles away.

Any ideas on how to fix it?

@eppy @halygon

lollo

Grandmaster
Just wondering if anyone experiences razor de-syncing from UO every couple of screens?

i have a re-sync hot key, but everytime i hit it i lose a few tiles if running. It's super annoying and appears to be getting worse as in every few screens i have to hit my hot key. My last target hot key won't work if the client is de-synced, which can make pvp SUPER annoying, especially with pots hitting myself or spells not going off 2 tiles away.

@eppy @halygon

What?? Target last? I call automated pvp

Bromista

Grandmaster
Yikes

I can't believe you thought it was a good idea to hit the 'create thread' button on this one, maybe next time try the preview feature first?

You know, so you don't make an ass out of yourself.

I know i have a lot of fans, but i don't use sallos or script pvp.

I'm trying to keep my UO traditional, not murder it with modded clients and begin playing blue sallos marathon mage.

Any constructive input on why my client de-syncs within a few screens of running would be greatly appreciated - i'm sure a lot of newer players returning would use the same client and experience the same problem.

JackPalance

Master

@eppy @halygon
How new is the issue? Have there been any other changes? New pc new os etc.

halygon

Grandmaster

@eppy @halygon
I have been of the opinion for a good while that we should just retire razor for a schlew of reasons -- primarily poor compatibility with any windows over WinXP (which is everything now a days). It's just old tech that somewhat works. Upgrade to UOS or another client (Sallos/Orion).

As to answer your question directly, I never had to ever use the resync command when I used Razor, but I also haven't used it in over a year and even then I did it just to test it out for a week for someone.

I have been of the opinion for a good while that we should just retire razor for a schlew of reasons -- primarily poor compatibility with any windows over WinXP (which is everything now a days). It's just old tech that somewhat works. Upgrade to UOS or another client (Sallos/Orion).

As to answer your question directly, I never had to ever use the resync command when I used Razor, but I also haven't used it in over a year and even then I did it just to test it out for a week for someone.

Steam didn't seem to work well with me - i.e if i did 2 actions, the second doesn't go off and i get "wait to perform another action", and also half the time won't open.

I'll try Orion, is there any guides?

I don't want to convert to sallos, as i do other things than run from britain to yew, plus i like the look of the old client to give that traditional UO feel.

Thank you for your input, you are far more helpful than salty bored blue pvpers.

Orion can be worse than sallos in the right hands it is the best cheat client out there atm

Couldn't even get it to work - i don't care about cheat shit, just no de-syncing garbage.

Then tried some new UO installer, it made my screen too large, so used the uninstall function - and it uninstalled every god damned program in my c drive.... FML

On a positive, new client DL, maybe my razor wont bug out.

DrSaso

Master
My razor would crash constantly on my pc even after trying a bunch of fixes. Moved to uosteam and enjoyed it but would occasionally crash and man did i get jealous of the videos of how smooth sallos was.

So i took the logical step.... and installed Orion xD haven't looked back. Macros are not as easy as easy as razor/steam and lacks some built in functionality that the others have..but it has the potential to do so much more.

One example is that it doesn't have scavenger built in....but you create s list of things you want and write (look on their forums for...) a scavenger script and then trigger it maually with a hot key and it's almost as good :)

I'm still learning it but like I said, i really like the client

My razor would crash constantly on my pc even after trying a bunch of fixes. Moved to uosteam and enjoyed it but would occasionally crash and man did i get jealous of the videos of how smooth sallos was.

So i took the logical step.... and installed Orion xD haven't looked back. Macros are not as easy as easy as razor/steam and lacks some built in functionality that the others have..but it has the potential to do so much more.

One example is that it doesn't have scavenger built in....but you create s list of things you want and write (look on their forums for...) a scavenger script and then trigger it maually with a hot key and it's almost as good :)

I'm still learning it but like I said, i really like the client

My computer now has legit aids after using a uo installer for another shard.

FML

might just throw 3k at another comp and problem solved.

Any tutorials on orion? i would love smooth graphics with the old looking client.

TheFallen

Grandmaster

FML

Any tutorials on orion? i would love smooth graphics with the old looking client.
Just about to do the full reinstall on a new computer myself. Would love to hear what clients you try and how you feel about them. I have always been partial to razor but it does seem to get worse on newer computers.

DrSaso

Master

FML

Do it! My pc cosy almost 4k (british coins) and i mostly play ultima :p but as for tutorials.... they do have forum with useful tips and macros/scripts. They also have a discord which is kinda active. There are some documents which go into detail about all the scripting functions and variables but he's one hell of a read and a bit confusing of you're not familiar with coding but managable,best to grab other scripts first and try to understand what's going on. Think it's on the github download site where the client is, but I'll need to double check.

I'm not sure if their website is currently down but discord should still be up and I'll try and link you later.

halygon

Grandmaster
Steam didn't seem to work well with me - i.e if i did 2 actions, the second doesn't go off and i get "wait to perform another action", and also half the time won't open.

I'll try Orion, is there any guides?

I don't want to convert to sallos, as i do other things than run from britain to yew, plus i like the look of the old client to give that traditional UO feel.

Thank you for your input, you are far more helpful than salty bored blue pvpers.
Then you just didn't have it configured right because UOS is the most compatible app out there. I had to run it in windows 7 compatibility mode so it would work with my 3k monitor, but that is all. Check the wiki for an intro tutorial.