razor uo positioning system glitch?

Anscrew

Journeyman
so if you look at my map... its black with dots all over. can kind of use it but it doesnt show up well... how do i fix this? i read about switching some .mul files but i didnt get the program to work or understand what to do.

wil3ur

Grandmaster
Where's this positioning system located? I downloaded the new installer for this and downloaded most recent version of the game/razor. I didn't see any options in any of the tabs.

halygon

Grandmaster
It's amazing how old threads come to life - I could have sworn we didn't have necromancy on UOF>

wil3ur

Grandmaster
It's amazing how old threads come to life - I could have sworn we didn't have necromancy on UOF>

Regardless... as a new player where do I find that positioning system? It seems to be much better than the built in map.

wil3ur

Grandmaster
Yeah, found it now, but it crashes my UO client when I try to open it. Says unhandled exception and that a .uop file is already in use.

halygon

Grandmaster
There are also great maps on UOSteam and Sallos if you are interested. They can even show you where your guild is when you are not in a party.

halygon

Grandmaster
Yeah, found it now, but it crashes my UO client when I try to open it. Says unhandled exception and that a .uop file is already in use.
Someone other than me will need to answer that one. I rarely use razor due to incompatibility with my PC.

This sounds like a incompatibility between razor and your version of UO Client though.

wil3ur

Grandmaster
OK got it... might need to talk to the guys about the launcher application. The Razor version it installs is 1.0.4, but in order for maps to work, you need newest version 1.0.14. I installed that and tracker works fine.

halygon

Grandmaster
OK got it... might need to talk to the guys about the launcher application. The Razor version it installs is 1.0.4, but in order for maps to work, you need newest version 1.0.14. I installed that and tracker works fine.
Thanks @wil3ur - I informed the dev team of the issue you faced and the resolution you found.