RDA Rules

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tantreghan

Grandmaster
I just read the rda rules as posted here, and that all looks fair to me.

http://www.uoforum.com/threads/new-rda-multi-client-banning-removal.90050/

Buuuuuut i sure hope that anyone who broke them rules before this was posted (and i KNOW squad wasnt the only ones doing RDAs illegally, there are MULTIPLE others whom just didnt get caught) are getting let off with fair warning. It is NOT fair to have multiple people doing rdas illegally and punish one or two groups of people with a set of rules re-published after the fact. Everyone learned their lesson, so lets let the past be the past and focus on the rules that have been re-published at hand.

no im not i squad, $, eqms or any other guild known to be have done things by bending the rules. I simply heard a rumor that people are going to be charged with these new punishments, when what they did happened before the new consequences were posted.

Everyone knows its not worth the risk now.

PS its xmas season so lets try to be nice to each other

Thoughts? and is the rumor true? @Shane

girana

Grandmaster
Buuuuuut i sure hope that anyone who broke them rules before this was posted (and i KNOW squad wasnt the only ones doing RDAs illegally, there are MULTIPLE others whom just didnt get caught) are getting let off with fair warning. It is NOT fair to have multiple people doing rdas illegally and punish one or two groups of people with a set of rules re-published after the fact.

soo asking that ppl that broke a rule that was added nearly 1year ago dont get punish for that ?

why not asking for ppl that afk mine to dont get punish ?

Tantreghan

Grandmaster
soo asking that ppl that broke a rule that was added nearly 1year ago dont get punish for that ?

why not asking for ppl that afk mine to dont get punish ?

They were punished. Jailed and banned from rdas. I'm saying they shouldn't have to be re punished with the new consequences published after the fact.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

girana

Grandmaster
They were punished. Jailed and banned from rdas. I'm saying they shouldn't have to be re punished with the new consequences published after the fact.

how they got repunished ? they just got a option to get unbanned

they not forced to pay 7mil

TyroneG

Master
From what I understand they (SQUAD) got banned from RDAs/jailed for doing a single RDA in T2A region. They were originally told the ban would be a month and it has been over a month now, but apparently they will have to in addition pay money to be unbanned. I get what they did is wrong, but when you look at what other groups have done this isn't even on the same scale. Entire guilds ABUSED the fact that you could log out in RDAs and made millions of gold and got no punishment. Others have multicliented and hardly got a slap on the wrist.

Going forward these new punishments are great and should be strictly enforced. However, punishing these people with not only a month long ban/jailing (which was originally what the punishment was supposed to be) on top of a 7 million gold buyout is pretty unfair.

Unban them and make their next punishment the 50 mill higher tier punishment. Better yet... make the next infraction perma banned.

Tantreghan

Grandmaster
From what I understand they (SQUAD) got banned from RDAs/jailed for doing a single RDA in T2A region. They were originally told the ban would be a month and it has been over a month now, but apparently they will have to in addition pay money to be unbanned. I get what they did is wrong, but when you look at what other groups have done this isn't even on the same scale. Entire guilds ABUSED the fact that you could log out in RDAs and made millions of gold and got no punishment. Others have multicliented and hardly got a slap on the wrist.

Going forward these new punishments are great and should be strictly enforced. However, punishing these people with not only a month long ban/jailing (which was originally what the punishment was supposed to be) on top of a 7 million gold buyout is pretty unfair.

Unban them and make their next punishment the 50 mill higher tier punishment. Better yet... make the next infraction perma banned.

Exactly

Volco

Master
getting off with a fair warning is all fine and dandy, since you could have newer players making an honest mistake. But a seasoned vet to the server should know better.

I've heard some people in discord just scream bloody murder about how they got caught and are now banned... I've also heard people laugh and joke around about how they got caught and essentially let off the hook.

Is it fair? Noooope. Not every staff member is as stern as another. And the stern ones simply can't be everywhere at once.

drasked

Grandmaster
Why not just block multiple characters with the same IP from entering the RDA to begin with? This punishment stuff seems a little backwards and a mess waiting to happen.

Last edited by a moderator:

halygon

Grandmaster
Why not just block multiple characters with the same IP from entering the RDA to begin with? This punishment stuff seems a little backwards and a mess waiting to happen.
Blocked IPs are super easy to get around in many cases, so we try not to use that as a method as much as possible.

Chippy

Neophyte
Finally a actual decision was made ! I've been playing here off and on for a few years now. I haven't done anything to break rules that I know of, except for spawning an RDA in T2A (which now I know isn't allowed). Was put in jail for a week with no explanation, and then later heard through other people that we were banned for a month, and now 7 mil is to be paid! WELL at least we know the final decision! Could have been worse.

Bromista

Grandmaster
So some are being punished who were caught before the rule change?

How far back are we going on this, to the beginning of RDAs?

Asking for a rival guild.

drasked

Grandmaster
Blocked IPs are super easy to get around in many cases, so we try not to use that as a method as much as possible.

Maybe i misunderstood but i was under the impression that if you enter an RDA with 2 characters from the same IP you get automatically banned. It seems to be a much cleaner solution to not allow 2 characters with the same IP to enter an RDA to begin with instead of punishing people for possible mistakes and having to clean up after.

drasked

Grandmaster
Finally a actual decision was made ! I've been playing here off and on for a few years now. I haven't done anything to break rules that I know of, except for spawning an RDA in T2A (which now I know isn't allowed). Was put in jail for a week with no explanation, and then later heard through other people that we were banned for a month, and now 7 mil is to be paid! WELL at least we know the final decision! Could have been worse.

Weird that you would receive the "multi client RDA punishment" for doing RDA in T2A (unless of course you are not telling the full story and was also multi client). I never even saw a rule against doing stuff in T2A.

Ariakan99

Grandmaster
Weird that you would receive the "multi client RDA punishment" for doing RDA in T2A (unless of course you are not telling the full story and was also multi client). I never even saw a rule against doing stuff in T2A.

Misleading title in the news section. It says bans were for multiclient OR misuse of fragment spawn mechanics (T2A).

Bromista

Grandmaster
T2a has always been off-limits for any activity so I don't see a problem with taking action. Definitely worthy of taking action.

I mean just because an RDA ban is automatic for a specific rule being broken does not necessarily mean that it cannot also be used as punishment for other infractions. Even if not clearly stated.

TyroneG

Master
If the staff had originally said the punishment was a 7 million gold fine I don't think there would be an argument. The problem is they were told their punishment was a month ban from RDAs. After serving their month long sentence + jailtime they are now being told they have to pay 7 mill on top of it.

I get that people have a hard on for sticking it to certain SQUAD members. This is also shitty for legitimate nice/good players such as chippy and gong that are basically screwed from doing a SINGLE rda in an area they shouldn't have. When you compare this minor infraction to what other people have done (multiclienting in rdas, logging out in rdas, etc.) it makes even less sense.

Going forward these new punishments are great and should be strictly enforced. However, punishing these people retroactively with a 7 million penalty on top of their already served month long ban/jailing (which is what was originally told to be the punishment) is pretty unfair.

You don't get a speeding ticket, pay the fine, then a month later have to sit in jail because a new law was passed that states anyone who has a speeding ticket now has to serve mandatory jailtime.

Status
Not open for further replies.