RDA WIKI

Bromista

Grandmaster
Yeah the wiki has been rather neglected lately. We can answer any questions you have here and possibly update the wiki when all is said and done.

RAVE GL

Master
Well I don't get out to RDA's much at all, so my question is the different RDA mobs and bosses, what is the strat, what can you expect.. weak vs. magic or melee, use of pets... blah blah blah

Bromista

Grandmaster
Not all bosses are created equal. Not even close. In general all the RDAs are tamer friendly but a meta mage or dexer can do well.

For now I will start with the three easiest portals:

The minotaur RDA is pretty straightforward. Can't provoke anything, the spawn is fast and hits hard, the boss is weak as hell. No special abilities to speak of, but he seems to get a little angrier the lower his health.

The beetle RDA is also relatively easy. Half provokable, spawn is fast and hits hard as hell, boss has a nasty special ability. The more you move around the boss he throws poison on the ground. The trick is to get on top of him and not move. If you have tons of tamers, too many to get all your pets on him you have to sit a few out. They will keep moving and unleash a poison hell on everything in the area. Little tough for dexers for that reason.

The dragon RDA is super easy considering the potential reward of a dragon egg and the rare rare chance of a chromatic dragon tamable. Standard wyrms and dragons are the spawn, with the exception that the wyrms cannot be provoked. Dragons can. Boss has a fire breath that half health's pets and insta kills players. Multiple vets required, but only three tamers can handle him with ease. Cure pets sobyour bandies heal instead of cure. This RDA is too easy for the rewards IMO.

Slayers I will leave for you to discover with trial and error :)

Oh and watch out for tentacles! Bring an archer. Or two.

Messremb

Grandmaster
Well I don't get out to RDA's much at all, so my question is the different RDA mobs and bosses, what is the strat, what can you expect.. weak vs. magic or melee, use of pets... blah blah blah
Ok,

There are 6 different rdas
dragon
Beetle
Minotaur
Lummox
Dark farther
Locke Cole

dragon rda (so many possible rewards)
Spawn: dragons, ancient wyrms, shadow wyrms (provo immune), chromatic dragon (very rare tameable), and tentacles of the Harrower
Slayer type: dragon
Boss: Bahamut (dragon)
Drops: 11k, hammer shards, 2 SSs,1-2 PSs, title "the dragoon"*, recipe scrolls*, dragon egg*, statue*, and pet relics*.
*small chance
Boss strat: best approach is 3+ tamers healing the pet tanking, can be done with 2 but is rough, with one tamer you need to drag him near the gate and go in and out to heal pets. Can't be done without tamers as his fb is an instant kill on players.

Beetle rda (its big but my pets boot is bigger)
Spawn: rock beetles (Provo immune and very fast, all physical damage), doom beetle (high Magery), and tentacles of the Harrower.
Boss: beetle dude with random names, special is spits poison pools at random target, damage and poison if you move.
Drops: 11k, hammer shards, 2 SSs,1-2 PSs, title "Melolontha"*, recipe scrolls*, statue*, and pet relics*.
*small chance
Boss strat: boss is really easy apart from his penchant for moving. This causes your pets up take massive damage from his poison pools. With 3 or more tamers you can box him in and stop him moving, with less you should try and corner him so he can't move. Possibly could be killed without tamers, but the poison would make it hard.

Minotaur rda (wait that's it)
Spawn: minotaur warriors (provo immune), tentacles of the Harrower
Slayer type: reponed
Boss: big minotaur guy
Drops: 11k, hammer shards, 2 SSs,1-2 PSs, title "the matador"*, recipe scrolls*, statue*, and pet relics*.
*small chance
boss strat: easiest boss in all rdas, only thing to watch out for us he can change targets, any solo tamer can taker this one. Dexers may be able to with reponed slayer armor, his normal hit is in the 30-50 range and he is fast.

Lummox (time to die, i.e. most annoying rda there is)
spawn: lummox warriors (can be provoed on only, huge aggro range, very fast, will 2 shot you, targets players first it seems), lummox mages (high magic damage), and tentacles of the Harrower.
Slayer type: reponed
Rda strat: getting in this rda is the worst by far, entrance is the center of a room, and the aggro rang on the lummoxs is such that from the center they will pretty much all aggro you. Best idea is to suicide run and clear a section of the dungeon, then make a run for it then just slowly work your way out.
Boss: lummox lumberjack? He has hatchets who knows why. special, throws hatchets at 3 random targets.
Drops: 11k, hammer shards, 2 SSs,1-2 PSs, title "flummoxed!"*, recipe scrolls*, statue*, and pet relics*.
*small chance
Boss strat: all kill and cross heal, not much to it. Dexers idk good luck clearing the rda without pets.

Dark father (my drags QS almost killed itself)
Spawn: devourer of souls (Provo immune), abyssal horror (Provo immune), tentacles of the Harrower
Slayer type: silver for boss spawn
Boss: dark father, special, reflect damage, and spawns bones that become undead spawn if not cut.
Drops: 11k, hammer shards, 2 SSs,1-2 PSs, title "the lightbringer"*, recipe scrolls*, statue*, and pet relics*.
*small chance
Boss strat: recommend no fewer than 3 tamers, cycle out pets to heal, or use the teleport to pull out and heal, use one tamer to kill the spawn. also cut the bones with a dagger to prevent additional spawn. Doubt it could be done without tamers, but could be wrong.

Locke Cole (do ya have an hour, and a lot of cure regs)
Spawn: undead wardog (very fast, all physical), dream wraith (high Magery), tentacles of the Harrower
Slayer type: silver
Boss: Locke Cole, specials, mirror image (only done once), makes 5 weak copies of himself, must be killed first, Ultima, drops on a huge area dealing 50 damage to players and 450 damage to pets, backstab, teleports around dropping players life to 10% and deadly poisoning.
Drops: 11k, hammer shards, 2 SSs,1-2 PSs, title "locked and loaded"*, recipe scrolls*, lockes gloves*, and pet relics*.
*small chance
boss strat: use archer to get him too cast mirror image, then pull the real one off and kill the weak ones. Once all mirror images are dead pull him to the center (never fight him in the coffins) and attack, pull off pets when he casts Ultima and cure and only single heal When he back stabs, dexers can do excellent damage but need mage support for Cures and heals. Be prepared for a long battle, quickest we have killed him with tamers was about 20 min, but with people who don't know what they at doing I have seen it take hours. (I hear some fully loaded berserkers can do out really fast)

Let me knew if you have any other questions.

Messremb

Grandmaster
Not all bosses are created equal. Not even close. In general all the RDAs are tamer friendly but a meta mage or dexer can do well.

For now I will start with the three easiest portals:

The minotaur RDA is pretty straightforward. Can't provoke anything, the spawn is fast and hits hard, the boss is weak as hell. No special abilities to speak of, but he seems to get a little angrier the lower his health.

The beetle RDA is also relatively easy. Half provokable, spawn is fast and hits hard as hell, boss has a nasty special ability. The more you move around the boss he throws poison on the ground. The trick is to get on top of him and not move. If you have tons of tamers, too many to get all your pets on him you have to sit a few out. They will keep moving and unleash a poison hell on everything in the area. Little tough for dexers for that reason.

The dragon RDA is super easy considering the potential reward of a dragon egg and the rare rare chance of a chromatic dragon tamable. Standard wyrms and dragons are the spawn, with the exception that the wyrms cannot be provoked. Dragons can. Boss has a fire breath that half health's pets and insta kills players. Multiple vets required, but only three tamers can handle him with ease. Cure pets sobyour bandies heal instead of cure. This RDA is too easy for the rewards IMO.

Slayers I will leave for you to discover with trial and error :)

Oh and watch out for tentacles! Bring an archer. Or two.
ninjaed by brom, but mine has all 6 and is more detailed.
:p

Bromista

Grandmaster
Oh so they totally fucked RDAs up recently and a good bit of this info is now incorrect.

Boss changes, mob aggro is the same but movement speed has been lowered, can't provoke anything anymore...etc, etc...

This has been a public service announcement.