RE : Captain Australia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkarna

Grandmaster
if captun australia wants to be unbanned he can be "apologetic" to whoever he pissed off?

him being "apologetic" to a forum troll and having them post this stupid thread doesn't make any sense. What motivated you to throw yourself into his drama? so you had this deep conversation with him but don't even know what he said to get banned?

What motives anyone to do anything? Sometimes, we just act upon impulse, do things without regarding consequence, be it good or bad. Today was just one of those days where I saw him at Britain bank and decided to have a chat for the first time in months. Whatever he said or has done did not not concern me at the time and still doesn't, my way of thinking was simply; if I can spend hours helping a new player make a thief, or show a player some town they thought never existed in Ultima Online, then why can't I spend fifteen minutes of my time helping a vet? Is it my place to do that? Does it really matter if it is my place?

I saw an opportunity to do something good by myself, maybe you should try the same sometime instead of jumping into this thread trying to make it look as bad as possible. Same old thing happening time and time again.

You needn't worry either, it wont be long :)

diminished

Grandmaster
Will you lot please take your SCRAWNY ASSES out of here and go measure your shrimps in a less controlled environment?

*Ahem*

Obviously the above was directed towards the rage-fest that has 'apparently' taken place here, please take no heed if you are being nice :)
wanna help me measure mine?

BEN!

Grandmaster
What motives anyone to do anything? Sometimes, we just act upon impulse, do things without regarding consequence, be it good or bad. Today was just one of those days where I saw him at Britain bank and decided to have a chat for the first time in months. Whatever he said or has done did not not concern me at the time and still doesn't, my way of thinking was simply; if I can spend hours helping a new player make a thief, or show a player some town they thought never existed in Ultima Online, then why can't I spend fifteen minutes of my time helping a vet? Is it my place to do that? Does it really matter if it is my place?

I saw an opportunity to do something good by myself, maybe you should try the same sometime instead of jumping into this thread trying to make it look as bad as possible. Same old thing happening time and time again.

You needn't worry either, it wont be long :)

you aren't helping anyone, if he wants to be unbanned he can drop the ego and PM shane or whoever he pissed off. Like i said this thread makes no sense and i question the motives

I help plenty of people, just not the ones that SPAM * and refer to themselves as "us lifters"

Darkarna

Grandmaster
you aren't helping anyone, if he wants to be unbanned he can drop the ego and PM shane or whoever he pissed off. Like i said thise thread makes no sense and i question the motives

I help plenty of people, just not the ones that SPAM * and refer to themselves as "us lifters"

If there was a motive, I wouldn't be so blatant about it. Why is it so hard for you to understand that from time to time, people do things which, they consider to be good things? It does not matter if you think it's bad or not, what matters for me personally that I attempted to do something good for someone.. Are you 'that' against this whole idea because of other investments you may have regarding this banning?

Caso

Grandmaster
When people constantly shit talk the staff and server and accuse staff of cheating(when theyre not) and accuse staff of being corrupt(when theyre not) it gives newcomers the wrong idea about the shard. Thats why they were banned and thats why they will likely stay banned.
Lest we forget the vesper event saga...

Shane

Administrator
Staff member
When people constantly shit talk the staff and server and accuse staff of cheating(when theyre not) and accuse staff of being corrupt(when theyre not) it gives newcomers the wrong idea about the shard. Thats why they were banned and thats why they will likely stay banned.

This.

There were around 10-20(if that) very dramatic people on these forums for a long time and we have been weeding them out.
This forum was never created to be used as your grade school lunch table.

If you think us banning negative people even though they are insanely active on the forums is bad for the community, i can 100% promise and assure you that it is not.
We now know this for a fact from our own experience up to this point.

We've done and tried both sides of the fence: Being more heavy handed, and then being really relaxed and letting people post whatever.
Guess what decision made our community come off as completely shitty?...

So now we are back to being more heavy handed.
Simply put we just gain way too many new players all the time to be babysitting the same dramatic people week after week. We are choosing to focus our energy into something that is more beneficial to the server as a whole instead of putting out fires all the time on the forums. People can't expect this place to have a ton of players and then treat it like a small time project. I am seeing that some people are having a hard time adjusting to that in all honesty.

A fun fact also is that a ton of the major forum posters don't even play very regularly. I think a lot of people just use it as something to do when they are at work or whatever... Yet we have to deal with all the set backs of their actions and their negativity ends up bringing down the culture of the community here.

In any case it seems like the OP wants someone he just met in game to be unbanned from the forums.
OP has no idea why this person was banned from the forums.
OP has a large enough post count to understand what we do here, and that we don't just "ban people" for no reason.

Summed up, OP wants us to unban a negative community member that he he just met in game, based upon the very short conversation they had in game.

These actions completely contradict his posts such as :
yx5gFgD.jpg

With all that said...

If people want to think that we just randomly ban players or forum members without doing our homework they are sincerely misinformed.
We absolutely hate banning people, but if you want something to be successful and have a future you need to sometimes make tough choices to ensure that future for the betterment of many others.

We don't ban people for giving their opinion, we encourage constructive feedback and always have.
We will however, ban people for consistently posting your rage biased judgments instead of bringing a valid solution to your own personal problem to us first. (aka negativity)

The worst part is that i have to take time to specifically point out in clear words why we do what we do as if what we have been doing hasn't worked at all over the last 3+ years..... What we do works, and it is still working.
At no point should people be questioning what we do with this community and server. We have more than proven ourselves at this point.

Lead by example @Darkarna (OP), do not post about how much of a "cesspool" this community is then make a public post in general asking to unban one of those people that had a hand in filling that cesspool.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.