Red players and town guards

How exactly does the guard system work here? I was chased by 6-8 reds through town (all 6 were attacking) and "guards" did nothing. I was by the bridge to the west of Brit bank and I did attack ONE of them, so I understand he has the right to attack me in town, but what about the other 5 players?

Last edited:

Lexington

Grandmaster
I've had the same issue... not sure what's going on. It's seems if they cast mana drain or weaken to flag on you (while you're outside the guard zone) a few mins later they can fully attack you in town even if you don't flag on them. At first I thought I was making the mistake and was flagging with pots but I've been carful not to lately... and I've still been hammered by multiple reds in town?

Last edited:
I've had the same issue... not sure what's going on. It's seems if they cast mana drain or weaken to flag on you (while you're outside the guard zone) a few mins later they can fully attack you in town even if you don't flag on them. At first I thought I was making the mistake and was flagging with pots but I've been carful not to lately... and I've still been hammered by multiple reds in town?

Yes! They kept casting mana drain, that I do remember. This was on the bridge before the "attack" lol

Darkarna

Grandmaster
There is still a method that allows people to kill people in town without getting Guard Whacked, say a blue griefsta wants to kill someone blue, macro'ing alchemy. If that same mechanic applies to outside the guards zone, then this is your problem. No, I wont tell you how to do it..

drasked

Grandmaster
Yes! They kept casting mana drain, that I do remember. This was on the bridge before the "attack" lol

If you flag to a red they can keep you grey by performing a hostile action on you every minute or so.

Last edited:

Lexington

Grandmaster
If you flag to a red they can keep you grey by performing a hostile action on you every minute or so.

The issue is I don't think either of us are flagging on the other reds. I'm very careful, now, just one flag one at a time. Maybe it's some party system exploit. What ever it is they are using mana drain outside of the guard zone to start the flag

drasked

Grandmaster
The issue is I don't think either of us are flagging on the other reds. I'm very careful, now, just one flag one at a time. Maybe it's some party system exploit. What ever it is they are using mana drain outside of the guard zone to start the flag

Never heard of this and i do a LOT of red/blue pvp at brit bridge.

If im on my red at brit bridge, and a blue person flags grey on me, i will make sure they stay gray as long as im there by doing attack last on them every minute. So unless they stay off my screen for the flag duration, they will be pretty much perma gray to me.

halv

Grandmaster
How exactly does the guard system work here? I was chased by 6-8 reds through town (all 6 were attacking) and "guards" did nothing. I was by the bridge to the west of Brit bank and I did attack ONE of them, so I understand he has the right to attack me in town, but what about the other 5 players?

If you are the Agressor you can't recall, access bankbox and call guards for two minutes (if i got this right). It's not about red and blue, it's about the agressor flag. I learned my lesson too. ;)

I think it's described in the last lines of UO:F wiki flag site: https://www.uoforum.com/wiki/index.php?title=Flagging#Ignorance