Reduction in gold on monster kills?

Tonishha

Expert
Anyone else notice the gold reduction on kills? Ogres now drop less than 100k and ettins would drop between 150-200 are now down to 120-130. It takes forever to kill 10k...might as well kill lizardmen....wow..I understand you have to keep the economy stable but poo on you...

Bunnky

Grandmaster
Ogres are dropping less than 100k now!?!?!?! Fuck there goes all my money.

(I haven't noticed a decrease. Maybe bad luck, maybe they did change it and I didn't notice. Adam did say he's releasing patch notes soon I believe. Who knows though.)

Sent from my LGMS323 using Tapatalk

Tynder

Master
Wait for it. Wait for it. If the loot has actually been reduced, some communist is going to complain that the low loot monsters, such as ogres and ettins, are being taxed unfairly and that those bastard rich ancient wyrms, lich lords, and balrons aren't paying their fair share.

amonseti

Grandmaster
Ogre lords dropped 100k .. damint i knew i was hitting the wrong mobs ..

man that must suck tho spend 5min to kill OL then 20min to transport loot from corpse to bank.

Yagyu

Adept
I hope they dont mean to keep the ss drop rates at this current level...I get like 1 random ss an hour if lucky. If they are lowering gold drops too seems they really dont want anyone to pvm, but who is going to get PKd? I know I am about to stop farming until they happen to fix the ss drop rates.

Bunnky

Grandmaster
I'd assume they'd tell us if they lowered gold drops. Assume. Let's not freak out before conclusive proof.

Sent from my LGMS323 using Tapatalk

edw3rdwood

Grandmaster
The taxation thread was up for like 2 weeks, and this was unanimously the most agreed-upon solution, now people are complaining? Keep in mind if this is being done, it is in a testing phase as stated it would be, and it comes in replacement to the same gold being sucked out of your bank account a week later. It was discussed and agreed by many that this would be the best method.

However, I do see some margin for error here in taking gold from across all monsters evenly. Taking 50 gold from an ettin is very different than taking 50 gold from a dragon, especially for new players. I would like to see the proposed scenario recalculated based on %, where say 20-25 gold would be taken from the ettin and 100+ would be taken from the dragon.