Relics as a GOLDSINK

EnviousGL

Grandmaster
Short, sweet.

Put taming relics on gold sink vendor at 4mil for all of them, aside of QS at 5m.

Put Melee relics on the sink at 2-3 mil each.

This would suck SO MUCH MONEY out of our economy, which would be amazing.

It would also still be beneficial for players to do RDAs and just be forced to sell them at actual reasonable prices.

A group of 3 doesn't need to make 12 million in one hour of work.

I'd like to see a staff response.

What is one possible negative that could come from this?

(We need gold sucked out of this economy, not funneled into already ridiculously rich individual players/groups)

Last edited by a moderator:

Jimmy

Master
Probably because people are buying donos to fund these expensive habits? I'm guilty myself and I know of plenty of other people who have done the same simply because we don't have the time nor interest in farming stuff up. Therefore putting it there as a gold sink at such relatively low prices is probably bad for business.

To be clear, I don't condone this and have no opinion on whether this is better or worse for the longevity of the future. Am just recognizing that it's probably driving a lot of dono purchases.

EnviousGL

Grandmaster
Right now even if you have the gold for a ridiculous priced relic its not even available. People will still donate for cash to sink into the vendors for relics, only they will actually be guaranteed availability after farming/donating a ton.

EnviousGL

Grandmaster
Or, go one step further. Add the relics to donation vendors AND gold sink vendors, like the meta stone is. Why should the relics to go with it be any different?

*edit
This also wouldn't effect FACTIONS/PVP in any way. This is why I don't see it being an issue what-so-ever.

*edit2

You shouldn't be forced into joining a large dominating guild just to have a chance at even purchasing these items. Some people enjoy playing without guild constraints.

Very good idea. It doesnt make sense to have the same 4 guys with no jobs running most of the egg/relic market..

I fully support this suggestion.

And im one of the ones getting rich as it is now :D

EnviousGL

Grandmaster

Coming from one of the few people who are able to farm RDAs. Put yourself in the shoes of someone not in a guild like yours, or without the 2 auctions you've won, or without the money you have.

*edit
Stop being so greedy. If you're going to offer your opinion, albeit a negative one as usual...Please add a supporting counterargument. Otherwise it simply looks like you're a greedy troll, as you are.

Last edited by a moderator:

Violence

Grandmaster
I'd be for all new but shitty beginner relics being available on the gold sink vendor, so new/poor players have something to play with before moving onto the big boy stuff.

(Does not own pokemons or relics, so what do I know)

EnviousGL

Grandmaster
I'd be for all new but shitty beginner relics being available on the gold sink vendor, so new/poor players have something to play with before moving onto the big boy stuff.

(Does not own pokemons or relics, so what do I know)

This isn't a bad compromise, though you'd be forced to just delete your starter relics.

Fattson

Grandmaster
I LOVE this idea. Not only would it help sink some gold out of the economy and make relics more widely available, it would also, more than likely, help to give the fledgling rares and wearables market a nice boost.

VFingerDiscount

Grandmaster
There still has to be end game drops that keep the vets interested. And they've said they don't want a million maxxed metas but there could be a compromise somewhere.

There's always going to be an advantage to the groups that have tons of hours to put in and they should be rewarded but it shouldn't be that easy to corner the market on these things either.

That said I'm not for the everybody wins a medal mentality either. Maybe make one type of relic available for each discipline mage/berkser/defense/pet only so everyone gets a starting point.

I do think the insanely low drop rates and waiting months to get a relic is a huge turnoff. I sold my pet and bought other stuff after getting so sick of sitting around with mils and no one selling a relic or ever getting a drop from any champ invasion or RDA.

EnviousGL

Grandmaster
There still has to be end game drops that keep the vets interested. And they've said they don't want a million maxed metas but there could be a compromise somewhere.

There's always going to be an advantage to the groups that have tons of hours to put in and they should be rewarded but it shouldn't be that easy to corner the market on these things either.

That said I'm not for the everybody wins a medal mentality either. Maybe make one type of relic available for each discipline mage/berserker/defense/pet only so everyone gets a starting point.

I do think the insanely low drop rates and waiting months to get a relic is a huge turnoff. I sold my pet and bought other stuff after getting so sick of sitting around with mils and no one selling a relic or ever getting a drop from any champ invasion or RDA.

The drops and the ability to farm them are still there, and still can be sold for say, 3m cash, compared to 4m sink? Still tons of cash to be made for guilds/groups. But, being able to charge, and charging 12 million for a quicksilver for example is simply ludicrous, when the RDA/Champ that dropped it took 2-3 hours TOPS to complete, if not less.

The rarity is somewhat of a good sign, however. The fact that relics have gone up in price, rather than down means more people are playing and joining. You have GOT to accommodate for the increased demand though. Without finding some uber rare item, raffle, or some other crazy lottomethod. The average player would legitimately take MONTHS if not a year+ to make anywhere near that amount of gold.

EnviousGL

Grandmaster
[20:16] <~fb> at 10 mil, it would take 200 hours to farm this, solid farming, at 50k gold an hour
[20:16] <~fb> no deaths
[20:16] <~fb> no cost of play
[20:16] <~fb> nothing else
[20:17] <~fb> avg player, heavy average plays lets say 5 hours a day
[20:17] <~fb> that means 40 days in a row, you play 5 hours straight and ONLY farm gold
[20:17] <~fb> and u can afford a 10m quicksilver

^^ To those saying you just have to play a lot to get said items.

EnviousGL

Grandmaster
Also:

If you were to work a min. wage job, paying 7 an hour (after tax).
You'd have to work for 95 hours to pay for a 10m quicksilver relic.
Just saying.

Or, 200 hours(8.3 ENTIRE days) playing solid work/farming at 50k/hour.

EnviousGL

Grandmaster
So all I gotta do is get a min wage job and play uo non stop and you're saying the result will be....profit?

I'm in.
If you work 2 weeks, full time, with 15 hours OT, and at minimum wage... you can make enough to donate to buy the QS at 10m (cheap at the moment) (maybe)

Duck Face

Grandmaster
Coming from one of the few people who are able to farm RDAs. Put yourself in the shoes of someone not in a guild like yours, or without the 2 auctions you've won, or without the money you have.

*edit
Stop being so greedy. If you're going to offer your opinion, albeit a negative one as usual...Please add a supporting counterargument. Otherwise it simply looks like you're a greedy troll, as you are.
you're a joke.

I played solo for 2/3 of the time I've played here. RDAs I have completed solo so quit crying that you can't figure shit out. Putting these items on the gold/dono vendor will just take more people away from the champs/rdas/events.

imo they should make some sort of powerscroll turn in system. Have relics on this turn in vendor. This would give powerscrolls value again and keep the champs/rdas/events populated.