Remove 2-handed purple pot tossing poll

Should purple potions require a free hand to throw?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

thestand

Grandmaster
Let's see where this goes...

I think that you should have to have a free hand to use any type of potion in the game. The main problem I have with using a 2-hander is that it gives warriors the ability to use weapons with special hits and adds a DPS that warriors don't normally get. This goes against the spirit of UO where everything combat related is associated with a skill. Throwing purples requires no skill (not player skill, actual uo skill points) unless you want an added bonus by having Alchemy (which should be removed too).

If you want warriors to have better damage output I would suggest increasing weapon damage, decreasing armor values or add hit-spell modifiers to weapons (oh yeah).

You might think that it is balanced currently because mages can use their stun-punch ability while throwing purples but that is apples to oranges. Mages don't punch for e-bolt damage while throwing purples. The way to fight melee is to get separation so you can land your own attacks, and purples take the separation out of the fight.

People are still going to throw purples with a poisoned 1-hander but at the trade-off of having a lower DPS weapon out that can't para-blow you.

So, what does everyone else think?
I say no.

a one-handed war fork with DP on it + pots is ways worse than a spear + pots... its really hard to die to dexxers IMO.

Yep, but unfortunately the OP obviously had a wittle cry upon death to a 2 handed weapon with explode pots.

I think exp pot damage is way too low as it stands, it's very hard for 2 decent players geared up with the max to kill each other on the field here on UOF because of it.

As for anyone that thinks explode pots take no skill... how about use them before commenting. Using explode pots effectively whilst in battle (big difference between throwing them at your friend as opposed to copping spells/weapon hits and using them) and casting etc takes the most thought out of anything in UO - besides roleplaying in the olde tongue.

Don Key

Master
Yep, but unfortunately the OP obviously had a wittle cry upon death to a 2 handed weapon with explode pots.

I think exp pot damage is way too low as it stands, it's very hard for 2 decent players geared up with the max to kill each other on the field here on UOF because of it.

As for anyone that thinks explode pots take no skill... how about use them before commenting. Using explode pots effectively whilst in battle (big difference between throwing them at your friend as opposed to copping spells/weapon hits and using them) and casting etc takes the most thought out of anything in UO - besides roleplaying in the olde tongue.

Yup, anytime anyone makes a suggestion it's because they died to it...

Get real. And go fuck yourself.

Norseman

Novice
My problem with pot throwing as it stands is simple: you need a free hand to drink a potion. What, do you suddenly grow a third arm for throwing so you can still use your two-handed weapon?

aIck

Grandmaster
My problem with pot throwing as it stands is simple: you need a free hand to drink a potion. What, do you suddenly grow a third arm for throwing so you can still use your two-handed weapon?
You see, to drink a potion you need to remove the cap first, but to throw you only need to throw it. No removal of cap required! Easily done while wearing huge-ass axes!

Norseman

Novice
You see, to drink a potion you need to remove the cap first, but to throw you only need to throw it. No removal of cap required! Easily done while wearing huge-ass axes!
In that case shouldn't drinking require both hands free and throwing only one? ;-).