Remove Orc No Mount Zone

Young Star

Grandmaster
@Shane @eppy @Swayze @Adam

I think it is time to re-evaluate the no mount zone that was put in for the role playing orcs. It was cool to make it for them and turn the fort into a guild base. However i believe Shane said it himself when he did it that he would take it out if the orcs arent active. I know there are small numbers that still rp orcs but they are few and far between. Maybe leave the orc cave no mount but the area around the fort really doesnt seem worth it for how few players are using it.

There are also other orc guilds that have been formed that do use mounts like ridgebacks or wolves that are just as active as the primary orc guild that got the fort.

I am not suggesting this to punish them but more so to have the staff review other options to promote RP. The no mount zone in my opinion just made more people avoid the area.

AssHat

Grandmaster
or make it waaaaaay smaller, like just around the orc fort in yew, and not outside the orc cave also.

i think a little no mount zone around the orc forts would be nostalgic but nothing like ho huge the area is now....

+1 btw

Blaine the Gypsy

Grandmaster
I miss the guild fence and the epic battles that happened around the village. Now everything is quiet. Different crowd after these years here. Things including people are ever changing.

kurtis

Grandmaster
I personally like no mount zones and I wish there were more of them. It's a nice change of pace from the mounted sprint-fest. I go there sometimes for no other reason than that it's mount-less. Where the teleport spell can actually mean something. A place where a stealth template has a legit advantage. Reminds me of what a dungeon should be.

Darkarna

Grandmaster
I personally like no mount zones and I wish there were more of them. It's a nice change of pace from the mounted sprint-fest. I go there sometimes for no other reason than that it's mount-less. Where the teleport spell can actually mean something. A place where a stealth template has a legit advantage. Reminds me of what a dungeon should be.

The teleport spell is extremely useful mounted or dismounted. Using it effectively is a different story though.

Shane

Administrator
Staff member
all the orcs have moved on to another server,

This is what happens with every orc guild, i swear.
They want us to bend over backwards for them then we help them out and they just move from server to server really not dedicating any time to a specific one. The orcs if anything are just super casual players with members coming and going non stop, that's just how they play and that's fine. This is why since day one of our launch i've called them the hipsters of free shards.

We will re-evaluate this area.

tankian

Grandmaster
@Shane so then remove the no mount zone , and then maybe finally i can finish my conquest. i think the no mount zone screwed up the conquest. i have every location explored even the orc fort but it is broken

AssHat

Grandmaster
@Shane so then remove the no mount zone , and then maybe finally i can finish my conquest. i think the no mount zone screwed up the conquest. i have every location explored even the orc fort but it is broken

other conquest locations are bugged also, i have tried recently to finish this quest, besides this location others dont work as well.

Young Star

Grandmaster
Booty island being no-mount wouldn't have been so bad if it wasn't such a huge island. Plus the terrain is very unforgiving in the south/east area. I understand the appeal of having no-mount areas for a change of pace and it makes for a different dynamic of pvp. Having an island or zone about the size of the CTF or King of the Hill arenas would be about just right.

Rikket_The_Rogue

Grandmaster
No mount areas are amazing. Don't take them out.

If anything add more!

Kurtis is pretty spot on with his assessment. It's annoying how people can just sprint-fest past everything.

"Let's run past all the monsters to gank that blue because for some reason monsters don't aggro mounted characters as quickly as those on foot."

The stealth template is insanely under-used because you have to move at 1/4 the speed of everyone else. Even without the mounts you'd only move at 1/2 the speed as everyone else, but at least that's manageable; letting the track skill have some value for the would-be sneaky assassin.

I'm not saying turn the entire world into mount-free, but the dungeons at least.