Remove Sigil Bonus

Status
Not open for further replies.
When your argument holds no merit and was easily refuted, I understand why you chose to focus on this.

I think it's pretty undeniable that the size of EQMS is what is causing all this trouble. Nothing wrong with admitting that.

Should I be punished for creating a guild that is too great?

No, while your methods are questionable it's not your fault. I think a good game always needs mechanics to prevent imbalance.

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
I think it's pretty undeniable that the size of EQMS is what is causing all this trouble. Nothing wrong with admitting that.

No, while your methods are questionable it's not your fault. I think a good game always needs mechanics to prevent imbalance.

Want to prevent imbalance? Try recruiting more people.... very few(if any) guilds who faction recruit and train up new players because it can be extremely frustrating teaching new players about a game that is 20 years old. Other guilds can do exactly what we've done... they choose not to.

No need for mechanics, this is a player problem -- dont wanna get ganked? Build up your army. Dont wanna build up your army? Enjoy being ganked.

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
Pretty sure the problem was that everyone joined the same faction to get work free bonuses... a mechanic (faction cap) would have surely prevented that.

A cap has nothing to do with this -- you can put a cap on what faction EQMS can join, but we will circumvent that and friend those who cannot join the main faction.

The problem is 100% people can put their non PVP chars into minax while they put their PVP chars in opposing factions to fight us. Why would they work for sigils when they can stay in their enemy faction on PVP chars but put their PVE chars in minax.

Then again, you most likely dont faction or PVP and really have no idea about factions at all.

Gluttony you have stated numerous times that if a faction cap is introduced EQMS will split onto two factions and ally each other. You are literally the worst offender when it comes to this.

A cap has nothing to do with this -- you can put a cap on what faction EQMS can join, but we will circumvent that and friend those who cannot join the main faction.

facepalm.jpg

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster

You missed the point.... a faction cap will not stop EQMS from playing together. You think its the size of our guild that is the issue? What is preventing other guilds from doing exactly what we have done -- is it because I am the only leader capable of creating such a large and successful guild on here?

Oh hey Sag -- you still upset EQMS is dominant? You gonna make anymore "I quit because of EQMS" and tell everyone to leave UOF and goto another server again like you did this summer?

"Oh shit I've dug myself into a hole, better change the topic quick before anyone notices"

Super classy Gluttony.

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
"Oh shit I've dug myself into a hole, better change the topic quick before anyone notices"

Super classy Gluttony.

What hole have I dug myself into?

To fix the issue of people abusing sigil bonuses, simply do not allow people to be in more than one faction per IP. Anyone caught using VPNs to abuse this are punished.

Any questions?

girana

Grandmaster
What hole have I dug myself into?

To fix the issue of people abusing sigil bonuses, simply do not allow people to be in more than one faction per IP. Anyone caught using VPNs to abuse this are punished.

Any questions?

punishment = account ban from faction later carryed over to militas

1st offense: 7m gold buyout.
2nd offense: 50m gold buyout
3rd offsnse: perma-ban - no buyout.

same like RDAs what works for rdas should work for faction too.

Deriz

Grandmaster
I think we should also make champ spawns a no multi client zone with anyone caught doing so resulting in the same ban structure.

1st offense 7mil
2nd 50mil
3rd perma ban

What do you think @girana

girana

Grandmaster
I think we should also make champ spawns a no multi client zone with anyone caught doing so resulting in the same ban structure.

1st offense 7mil
2nd 50mil
3rd perma ban

multiclienting champ spawms already got a long long discussion while the multiclient RDA ban got added.

at the end most of the player and all of the staff were against it and i dont see anything happen that could change the mind on this topic.

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster

1st offense 7mil
2nd 50mil
3rd perma ban

Uhhh what does this have to do with the OP? Bottom line, you want sigil bonuses -- go steal the sigils and capture them.

jeffe

Master
Oh hey Sag -- you still upset EQMS is dominant? You gonna make anymore "I quit because of EQMS" and tell everyone to leave UOF and goto another server again like you did this summer?

I don't believe the topic of this thread is my character. I'm sorry if my synopsis of your comments in this thread was hurtful.

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
I don't believe the topic of this thread is my character. I'm sorry if my synopsis of your comments in this thread was hurtful.

Well, I for one am glad you are back shitting up the forums and house hiding outside of destard. Sorry your guild fell apart though really, maybe ifyou hadnt of bailed on TRIN to go play other servers because you got tired of dying to EQMS they would still have more than 5 active members.

jeffe

Master
Well, I for one am glad you are back shitting up the forums and house hiding outside of destard. Sorry your guild fell apart though really, maybe ifyou hadnt of bailed on TRIN to go play other servers because you got tired of dying to EQMS they would still have more than 5 active members.

I think you should attempt to stay on topic: refraining from alleging things about my character and making disparaging remarks about me or the guild I am a part of.. However, if you'd like to discuss my character and the untrue things you are purporting that I've done feel free to PM me and I can address those concerns.

Status
Not open for further replies.