Returning player after 15 years, I am in my mid 30s...

ThunderFX1

Neophyte
Hi guys,

First of sorry for TLDR, but I got many things going on in my life and want to get more information before committing serious part of my life to UO like in the old days... This is well thought out post as you will see and I hope you will answer, anything helpful is much appreciated.

I am in my mid 30s, working as an investment banker, have a wife, kids and a quite busy life. Got around 2-3 hours a night and some time on weekends. Since my childhood and teens I still have a urge to play a game like UO, tried some over the last 15 years and gave up on the idea that something close to UO made me feel will arrive. Decided that UOF is the place if I were to play something again.

This is the introduction, here are my question (any response is much appreciated):

1) Should I return to playing? Is UOF is the largest pool of people still playing the UO

2) Do we have endless PVP hours still going on in the UOF server. The best part about my old servers was I was playing long long hours constantly PVPing as a PK with people, is this feeling still somehow possible?

3) If yes to both above, I do not know any people at UOF, is it possible to get in to the community and top group of people or will I struggle as a lone wolf?

4) If yes where should I start. Back in old days I used to scribe and macro for all the gold in the world, through a quick read in the UOF, this will not be possible. What is the best 700 to start it again from zero without knowing anybody?

5) Lets say I made my way and earned a decent living and a skill set, what skillset should by PVP character have?

I am really hoping you guys will put some light on the above, I still miss this without ever playing for 15 years, still chasing that same feeling when I got my first broadband connection 15 years ago. Any answer, I thank in advance.

Cheers,
Thunder