Rez'ing a corpse

rabidgoat

Neophyte
Back in the day I recall you could get a ghost to stand over his corpse, rez him and the corpse would pop back up again. It was kinda cool as it meant the you didn't need to loot to get your kool aid back or even redress.

Any chance Shane could knock this back in. I thought it was kool.

halygon

Grandmaster
Back in the day I recall you could get a ghost to stand over his corpse, rez him and the corpse would pop back up again. It was kinda cool as it meant the you didn't need to loot to get your kool aid back or even redress.

Any chance Shane could knock this back in. I thought it was kool.
When was this?

S

Shane

haha this was on Sphere servers and some POL servers, it was a neat feature.

This does not exist on UOF as it would be kinda OP in team vs team fights.

Karl Sagan

Grandmaster
God it would be nice though. That or stackable potions, I'm a fuckin backpack slob :/

Last edited by a moderator:

Don Key

Master
OSI changed it so that if you double clicked on your corpse it would auto loot it for you and dress you. I think this was with AoS.

Experience

Grandmaster
I remember both the standing on corpse, and double click settings...the double click version was OP because they would run to healer run back and get all their stuff and be in the fight w/o interrupting any of their friends...if your friend res's you on your corpse then 2 people are temporarily out of the fight.

But both of these I don't think would be good on UOF

Don Key

Master
AoS IS weak as fuck

Yes. Yes it was.

But they had some neat ideas. Necromany + spirit speak and Chivalry + focus were really cool. I think those 2 skills help give some diversity to UO in pvp and pvm. The problem was they also decided to make the game item based at the same time they implemented those.

I know if won't happen but I would love to see a UO:R style server incorporate those two and balance them to fit the era.

Don Key

Master
Oh, and yes to stackable potions. I feel like after playing this game for my entire adult life I shouldn't have to drag 50 potions when I loot someone.

halygon

Grandmaster
Yes. Yes it was.

But they had some neat ideas. Necromany + spirit speak and Chivalry + focus were really cool. I think those 2 skills help give some diversity to UO in pvp and pvm. The problem was they also decided to make the game item based at the same time they implemented those.

I know if won't happen but I would love to see a UO:R style server incorporate those two and balance them to fit the era.
Necromancy -- Acceptable as a new skill

Chivalry --> just a crap skill that OSI invented because of dexxors complaining that they didn't want to train magery.

Don Key

Master
Chivalry was poorly done but the concept was sound and I think would be interesting to see it done in a ruleset like UO:R.

As old as this game is, mage vs dexxor needs a little diversification.

Don Key

Master
The time to stock is still triple the time it takes to just drag 5-6 stacks of pots

I do think that the looting corpse factor can make a difference in field pvp. Would be nice if you could stock your potions into stacks but when you die they all fall apart.

Don Key

Master
It's fine for pvp with the right tweaks. It assumed that mages had faster casting and recovery to balance. So not having that would have to be taken into account.

And adding necromancy would add a lot of diversification.