Rogue tali decay

baddie

Master
  • The wearer gains the ability to run while stealth to a distance of 5 * Level tiles (i.e. 50 tiles at Level 10)

ProdigyOsi

Grandmaster
Anyone can equip it and run instead of walking while in stealth a number of tiles depending on level.

...but that largely irrelevant and would be completely unaffected by the change.

SirLothar

Grandmaster
I agree. If I knew my relic levels would go back to level 1 after not playing for a while, I would not have spent gold on a rogue. It should be made known to all that buy the talisman that you have to play everyday for it not to decay.
But this was known to everyone and is very clearly stated on the forums post about the rogue talisman. You can max the relics in 2 days vs maxing them in 6 months like all other talismans.
Yes the decay hurts, maybe scrap it but change the relic charging?

AreYouKidden

Grandmaster
I think the only issue is that it doesn't keep a 1 day buffer, if you could build it up to 725, and it decayed to 700 the first day, keeping your level 10, then it'd be perfectly fine. I'd even like to see 750 - you'd need to play it at least every 3 days. But I understand the point that you have to level it back up to 10, every single day you log in, it'd be frustrating.

Out of curiosity how powerful is teh rogue tali, how does it stack up against mage or dexxers at a champ?

Tydeus

Master
But this was known to everyone and is very clearly stated on the forums post about the rogue talisman. You can max the relics in 2 days vs maxing them in 6 months like all other talismans.
Yes the decay hurts, maybe scrap it but change the relic charging?

I was not paying attention nor reading anything about it before I got it. I figured it was just like the other talismans. My fault, yes.

This could be a good thing and a bad thing. For one, I do not have 6 months to grind a talisman. On the other hand, I might be able to get a max level rogue, but then when I do not play that rogue for a while, it will take days to max it just to play it again effectively. I am not complaining, and perhaps this is for the best. A faster leveling rate, but you're forced to maintain the relic levels by actively using it.

ProdigyOsi

Grandmaster
Even if yo don’t play it for a year, 700 kills is nothing... (yes, meaning 25 kills is even “nothinger”). I just don’t see a point to the daily bounce if you’re more that meeting the threshold on a daily bassis.

AreYouKidden

Grandmaster
I think most are suggesting just upping the cap by a days worth, or two days, not uncapping.. to allow a person to put the effort in, and not be punished daily...

Rubeido

Apprentice
yeah the cap should be 3k. with 700 to max. Most of us dont have the time to dedicate, and have multiple characters. The entire talisman system is fundamentally flawed for this reason. I dont consider talismans as viable, because they are to rare, to expensive, and require to much time. I likely wont ever own a relic, beyond simply having the initial talisman just for the passive buff, and letting it level if it just so happens to level. The entire system is only for those who do not have a life or family, and can dedicate 8-10 hours a day to the game.

AreYouKidden

Grandmaster
yeah the cap should be 3k. with 700 to max. Most of us dont have the time to dedicate, and have multiple characters. The entire talisman system is fundamentally flawed for this reason. I dont consider talismans as viable, because they are to rare, to expensive, and require to much time. I likely wont ever own a relic, beyond simply having the initial talisman just for the passive buff, and letting it level if it just so happens to level. The entire system is only for those who do not have a life or family, and can dedicate 8-10 hours a day to the game.

You certainly know how to rub people the wrong way. I consider myself very balanced, with a wife, family, career, hobbies and I play UO on the side for the social, not to be the best.. Read: I'm a casual here.

I've been on UOF for 10 months and have a level 10 mage idol with 4 relics at various levels.. it's not unattainable, it just looks very daunting to start, and it's more than worth it... UOF economy is far different, there is a ton of gold in the market, a ton of ways to make very good gold at the tune of 100k/hour...

On top of that the rogue tali was actually designed to be less of a grind, by giving you only 700 kills to fully level up, but make it something you have to keep at to stay leveled. While I'd love to see it hold its level for a couple of days, your arbitrary number of holding your level for 3 months is rather outlandish..

Rubeido

Apprentice
You certainly know how to rub people the wrong way. I consider myself very balanced, with a wife, family, career, hobbies and I play UO on the side for the social, not to be the best.. Read: I'm a casual here.

I've been on UOF for 10 months and have a level 10 mage idol with 4 relics at various levels.. it's not unattainable, it just looks very daunting to start, and it's more than worth it... UOF economy is far different, there is a ton of gold in the market, a ton of ways to make very good gold at the tune of 100k/hour...

On top of that the rogue tali was actually designed to be less of a grind, by giving you only 700 kills to fully level up, but make it something you have to keep at to stay leveled. While I'd love to see it hold its level for a couple of days, your arbitrary number of holding your level for 3 months is rather outlandish..
Wrong way or not, therest a reasonr server pop isnt what it couldc be, and why new players dont stick. If the devs aren't willing to listen. That's their problem. There's lots of other servers outothere

AreYouKidden

Grandmaster
I was an adventurer like you once.. until I took an arrow in the knee... Except that wasn't a meme 20 years ago when UO release...

There's again more reasons why server population isn't in the millions..

girana

Grandmaster
Wrong way or not, therest a reasonr server pop isnt what it couldc be, and why new players dont stick. If the devs aren't willing to listen. That's their problem. There's lots of other servers outothere

you just have no idea what you talking about.

i am wondering if you even played UO longer than 15minutes.

UO is much diffrent than other games there are no set goals or paths in uo you have to find your own.

You dont need every tali max out, max out pets, 500+m in your bank or own a super huge island to have fun in UO.

Its fun to have that stuff yes but its not needed.

Rubeido

Apprentice
you just have no idea what you talking about.

i am wondering if you even played UO longer than 15minutes.

UO is much diffrent than other games there are no set goals or paths in uo you have to find your own.

You dont need every tali max out, max out pets, 500+m in your bank or own a super huge island to have fun in UO.

Its fun to have that stuff yes but its not needed.
I beta tested uo. Played long before trammel existed. And I've beta tested tons of mmo. Played most of them that released since uo. I'v always called which ones would fail and not long before they shutdown devs that dont listen and adapt are the biggest reason

AreYouKidden

Grandmaster
I beta tested uo. Played long before trammel existed. And I've beta tested tons of mmo. Played most of them that released since uo. I'v always called which ones would fail and not long before they shutdown devs that dont listen and adapt are the biggest reason

One would think you would have a better understanding of what UO was, what it became and is today, and what other MMO's that evolved from it are, all totally different games with their own customers/niche.. . You can't put a round block, into a triangle hole, no matter how much you try my friend.