running while overweight and dropping/picking up instantly?

shirtandpantsman

Grandmaster
I don't get it.. this seems like BS to me

Some eqms knob looted the gold from my treasure map chest and was clearly overweight and couldn't actually put the gold in his backpack

but somehow, he's running around at mach speed, placing the gold on the ground, and then picking it up, placing it on the ground, picking it up, like every 2 tiles.... HOW??

what kind of ridiculous macro hotkey razor sallos whatever the hell is this?

what's the point of a weight limit if some program can literally follow you around dropping it on the ground? there's no way a could person could actually do that by hand

God.RG

Grandmaster
Lol no.
Sallos has a ton if disadvantages.. Namely, no macro system. It's pretty much just an exaggerated uo macro system, very simplistic.
Can't automate much at all.. Steam/razor are way more cheaty imo

Elizabeth Gold

Grandmaster
what's the point of a weight limit if some program can literally follow you around dropping it on the ground? there's no way a could person could actually do that by hand
Yes it seems an out of the box functionality and it is total bullshit indeed. My miner often has to deal with a stealther thief that runs away with all my ore. He can't even melt it otherwise he would use the forge which is only a couple of tiles further. No they just stealthrun 5-6 screen far with that leapfrog macro just to drop it into one of their secures at their plot. It's probably still unmelted and only does it because he can. Eventually I stopped using certain mines because of him. Sad person...

halygon

Grandmaster
Yes it seems an out of the box functionality and it is total bullshit indeed. My miner often has to deal with a stealther thief that runs away with all my ore. He can't even melt it otherwise he would use the forge which is only a couple of tiles further. No they just stealthrun 5-6 screen far with that leapfrog macro just to drop it into one of their secures at their plot. It's probably still unmelted and only does it because he can. Eventually I stopped using certain mines because of him. Sad person...
So you can do the same thing UOSteam that .LeapFrog does in Sallos. Razor cannot really do it though. None of these are illegal for UOF.

As for mining, I am not sure why you have ore on the ground to begin with. I always recommend either recalling and dropping off your ore (tip, have magery on your character, make a macro to mark rune & then recall to your house - then drop off the ore and recall back to that newly marked rune to continue where you left off. Also if you are mining in areas where there are forges, you should just use a beetle to store your ore until full, then smelt and return to your mining.

Elizabeth Gold

Grandmaster
So you can do the same thing UOSteam that .LeapFrog does in Sallos. Razor cannot really do it though. None of these are illegal for UOF.
True, but that won't help my predicament at all, as you questioned here:
As for mining, I am not sure why you have ore on the ground to begin with.
Because ore is heavy. Even when mining a single node, about 80% of the time it will drop to the ground because your backpack can't hold it.
I always recommend either recalling and dropping off your ore (tip, have magery on your character, make a macro to mark rune & then recall to your house - then drop off the ore and recall back to that newly marked rune to continue where you left off.
That might work if you don't care about adding additional costs into your mining operation and are running macro's/scripts to accomplish that. No serious miner is actually going to do that unless they stick to cherry picking. You'll spend more time meditating and restocking reagents than actually mining.
Also if you are mining in areas where there are forges, you should just use a beetle to store your ore until full, then smelt and return to your mining.
This is in fact the best approach. I tried that for a while with two pack horses and a beetle, but that takes up almost 200 skillpoints for animal lore and veterinary. Things like these have a huge sign on them: KILL ME, YOU CAN GET LOOTS WITHOUT MURDER COUNT! Which is fine, that's the risk of mining outside cities, but you'll need a lot of pet resurrections.

shirtandpantsman

Grandmaster

As for mining, I am not sure why you have ore on the ground to begin with. I always recommend either recalling and dropping off your ore (tip, have magery on your character, make a macro to mark rune & then recall to your house - then drop off the ore and recall back to that newly marked rune to continue where you left off. Also if you are mining in areas where there are forges, you should just use a beetle to store your ore until full, then smelt and return to your mining.

heh.. just downloaded UOSteam since it's the recommended best cheater ware =/

halygon

Grandmaster
This is in fact the best approach. I tried that for a while with two pack horses and a beetle, but that takes up almost 200 skillpoints for animal lore and veterinary. Things like these have a huge sign on them: KILL ME, YOU CAN GET LOOTS WITHOUT MURDER COUNT! Which is fine, that's the risk of mining outside cities, but you'll need a lot of pet resurrections.
This is what I do, but I only use a bonded beetle. If someone comes by, i jump on beetle. As far as dropping ore to the ground, I have a simple macro that I use that mines unless i am at a certain weight (I think I have it set to check if I am at or over 360stones), so I will never be overweight.

heh.. just downloaded UOSteam since it's the recommended best cheater ware =/
Its actually not, but you can create the most complex macros, which is what Sallos users call "cheating".

Tantreghan

Grandmaster
Lol no.
Sallos has a ton if disadvantages.. Namely, no macro system. It's pretty much just an exaggerated uo macro system, very simplistic.
Can't automate much at all.. Steam/razor are way more cheaty imo

This is true but not what the op was about. Steam and razor can make some powerful scripts. Some are good to avoid carpal tunnel due to useless over clicking, some are just unfair, and lots of these have been discussed. This was about leapfrog in sallos and it is unfair.

As for the "why are you leaving ore on the ground comment". That's my right in game to do. If Somone wants to kill me and try and take it, or move it on me in a fair way fine. But to just run in and leap frog it away is not fair. By doing this is appeasing "cheating" or whatever. People moan about the game being to automated, but then want certain aspects of the game automated to their favour.

Realistically this is no differant then speed hack in pvp but trade skill oriented

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

God.RG

Grandmaster
This is true but not what the op was about. Steam and razor can make some powerful scripts. Some are good to avoid carpal tunnel due to useless over clicking, some are just unfair, and lots of these have been discussed. This was about leapfrog in sallos and it is unfair.

As for the "why are you leaving ore on the ground comment". That's my right in game to do. If Somone wants to kill me and try and take it, or move it on me in a fair way fine. But to just run in and leap frog it away is not fair. By doing this is appeasing "cheating" or whatever. People moan about the game being to automated, but then want certain aspects of the game automated to their favour.

Realistically this is no differant then speed hack in pvp but trade skill oriented

As @halygon already said, it can be done pretty simply in steam also.

Tantreghan

Grandmaster
As @halygon already said, it can be done pretty simply in steam also.

Missed that but don't surprise me. Pretty hard to police this with the 3 programs we have here to use unless people start taking video...which I'm sure only a handful of people even know how to do.

I know It sucks and shouldn't really b allowed but I don't know how to fix any of it (I don't have a clue about coding etc).

shirtandpantsman

Grandmaster
Missed that but don't surprise me. Pretty hard to police this with the 3 programs we have here to use unless people start taking video...which I'm sure only a handful of people even know how to do.

I know It sucks and shouldn't really b allowed but I don't know how to fix any of it (I don't have a clue about coding etc).

ya.. I guess it's not cheating because anyone can do it using these programs? still feels like breaking game design to me, ie having a weigh limit for a reason

Tantreghan

Grandmaster
ya.. I guess it's not cheating because anyone can do it using these programs? still feels like breaking game design to me, ie having a weigh limit for a reason

Agreed but how to stop it? Need input from those who know more about coding etc.

Who he doesn't care if people leapfrog?

Not trying to single people out. Maybe a vote is more appropriate

God.RG

Grandmaster
So is having a macro to instant cure, auto bandage/pop pouch etc.

.. You can do all of that plus a ton more with steam.
Things like this are bound to happen with a 15+ year old game. People don't play the same as they used to man. Gotta keep it tolerable.

God.RG

Grandmaster
Agreed but how to stop it? Need input from those who know more about coding etc.

Who he doesn't care if people leapfrog?

Not trying to single people out. Maybe a vote is more appropriate

They COULD turn it off in the UOF version of sallos, just like they did for map cutoffs etc.. But there would be no way to keep people from doing it with steam. (Or Sallos if they somehow got another client)

Leapfrog is such a minute problem though, compared to others that have popped up over time, but there's not too much they can do about it.. Just like speed hacking. They may prevent it for a little while, but someone will figure it out.

Tantreghan

Grandmaster
They COULD turn it off in the UOF version of sallos, just like they did for map cutoffs etc.. But there would be no way to keep people from doing it with steam. (Or Sallos if they somehow got another client)

Leapfrog is such a minute problem though, compared to others that have popped up over time, but there's not too much they can do about it.. Just like speed hacking. They may prevent it for a little while, but someone will figure it out.

Yeah u can't turn it off on one in leave it fair game on others that's also not fair. Sounds like trades folks r just going to have to learn to leapfrog.

Anyone post a script in the macro section? ;)

God.RG

Grandmaster
Exactly. No one wants to adapt or find an in game solution these days..

There's atleast one post a week from a self proclaimed "old school UO player" (I put that in quotes because I feel like legit old school UO players would find a way around/a way to combat or fix things like this in game) crying about macros, steam, Sallos, razor or anything that wasn't in the game in 1997.

"This wasn't in my game 15 years ago! Why has ANYONE made this game more fluid for future generations?!"

shirtandpantsman

Grandmaster
Exactly. No one wants to adapt or find an in game solution these days..

There's atleast one post a week from a self proclaimed "old school UO player" (I put that in quotes because I feel like legit old school UO players would find a way around/a way to combat or fix things like this in game) crying about macros, steam, Sallos, razor or anything that wasn't in the game in 1997.

"This wasn't in my game 15 years ago! Why has ANYONE made this game more fluid for future generations?!"

I probably sound like that, but I'm realizing that I should just stick to pvm, the pvp I remember isn't the same, and I'm not willing to spend hours how to make/use scripts or macros. I used to be big into pvp, but it's just too different now :(

edit: not just referring to this leapfrog thing, but all pvp/pk run-ins I've had seem to go this way where I'm just standing there going wtf is happening while some guy screams across screen casting spells, throwing pots, dismounting his nightmare, etc etc before I even see his name pop up on all names