running while overweight and dropping/picking up instantly?

God.RG

Grandmaster
I probably sound like that, but I'm realizing that I should just stick to pvm, the pvp I remember isn't the same, and I'm not willing to spend hours how to make/use scripts or macros. I used to be big into pvp, but it's just too different now :(

edit: not just referring to this leapfrog thing, but all pvp/pk run-ins I've had seem to go this way where I'm just standing there going wtf is happening while some guy screams across screen casting spells, throwing pots, dismounting his nightmare, etc etc before I even see his name pop up on all names
Evolution, man.
it doesn't take long to set pot/spell/ target macros.. i honestly hope you're not still clicking spells, skill, etc icons.

Tantreghan

Grandmaster
I probably sound like that, but I'm realizing that I should just stick to pvm, the pvp I remember isn't the same, and I'm not willing to spend hours how to make/use scripts or macros. I used to be big into pvp, but it's just too different now :(

edit: not just referring to this leapfrog thing, but all pvp/pk run-ins I've had seem to go this way where I'm just standing there going wtf is happening while some guy screams across screen casting spells, throwing pots, dismounting his nightmare, etc etc before I even see his name pop up on all names

Lol the whole nightmare pot throwers are above me 2. But I have learned to throw a pot and defend myself naked in a dungeon against solo or 2 pks. I may not kill them but I get called a running ***** and escape lol. U can do eeet!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shirtandpantsman

Grandmaster
Evolution, man.
it doesn't take long to set pot/spell/ target macros.. i honestly hope you're not still clicking spells, skill, etc icons.

hah I use macros and hotkeys for target self/last target, arm/disarm, potions, spells etc and do macros to raise skills,

but I'm bringing a knife to a fight with a fighter jet that's already strafed me me to death 5 miles out before I've looked up

shirtandpantsman

Grandmaster
Lol the whole nightmare pot throwers are above me 2. But I have learned to throw a pot and defend myself naked in a dungeon against solo or 2 pks. I may not kill them but I get called a running ***** and escape lol. U can do eeet!

I learned not to try and fight back because then I can't recall away, I just try to run and hide and recall. Because I've also noticed if you do try to fight someone cough eqms cough, their friends like to recall in and help plow you

Tantreghan

Grandmaster
I learned not to try and fight back because then I can't recall away, I just try to run and hide and recall. Because I've also noticed if you do try to fight someone cough eqms cough, their friends like to recall in and help plow you

Lol this is true, but u know against single or 2 pks just looking for some action they appreciate a little bit of effort, and can b a little more nice and maybe not steal ur vanq kryss. Of course this is not always the case but if it was would we still play?? Probably not

halygon

Grandmaster

When I first came back to UO (like 2010 or so) and had only played in pre-AoS times, PvP looked to same to me. It was uncanny how I could step out into the field - fully ready for PvP - and then some guy comes up to me and just spams a bunch of things and I am dead before I can even respond.

PvP is faster now than it was in the beginning - mostly because of evolution of the game. Macros and scripts play a very small part in PvP (although some people do use them) and are definitely not needed. 99% of my hotkeys are directly bound to actions, no macros at all.

I think the challenge you will have in PvP is learning how to read what is going on in the field and learning to adjust yourself to it. None of that is quick to learn or can be picked up without failing. If you want to PvP, you just got to get out there and do it. It will be most advantageous to you if you join a guild that can show you the ropes.

shirtandpantsman

Grandmaster
thanks for the advice guys I'll keep trying to pvp more and see how it goes

I tried Sallos... and it was.. weird... I liked it at first and then I felt dirty and went back to Razor

Sir.

Grandmaster
Yeah, no.. I'd rather go play a FPS game to actually test my skills. I'm a RPer in UO. You'll know an RPer when you fight an RPer.........