Sallos Fixes compiled

Blair

Master
I have compiled all the Sallos fixes to date into one file so new Sallos users will not have to go through multiple threads to find the required fixes. I have also added a new fix for galleons so they will no longer crash Sallos users. Once again thank you @Sanchen for your help with bodyconv.def, helping me with Fiddler and Centred, and mostly for giving me the idea that I could fix these issues through UO files.

To install these files simply open the RAR file and extract the files within the fix folders to your UO directory that is used by Sallos. (C:/Program Files/ Electronic Arts/ Ultima Online Classic) You need to overwrite the existing files in there.

* Note * It is always good practice to back up your old files before overwriting them.

http://www.uoforever.com/files/Sallos/Sallos_Update_1.41.rar

The file contains 5 folders for 5 separate fixes

The file is 225 MB

Invisible monster fix
This is a fix for monsters that are currently not being drawn by the Sallos client.

contains 3 files:
anim5.idx
anim5.mul
Bodyconv.def

The following monsters will now be seen:
werewolves
phoenix bird
Fafnir/Akor/Dragon RDA boss
Warlock
The Monkey Queen
rock beetle
reptalon
dream wraith
blistering/blazing gargoyles
Covetous champion (boss)
level 2 spider meta pet *new*

*if you have already installed this fix, but wish to see Cove champ, only replace Bodyconv.def*

Trinsic and Minotaur RDA fix
This is a fix to be able to enter the city of Trinsic without having the 'blackhole' issue
This fix also includes the Minotaur RDA

contains 2 files:
staidx0.mul
statics0.mul

*added in a path in front of spider cave since no clutter treehack removes logs*

Galleon fix
This fix will make Tokuno, and Gargoyle galleons look like Orc galleons
Tokuno and Gargoyle galleons will no longer crash the Sallos client

contains 2 files:
multi.idx
multi.mul

Talisman fix
Players with a talisman equipped will no longer appear to be riding an ogre
Also fixes expanded status bar.

contains 2 files:
gumpartlegacyMUL.uop
tiledata.mul

*if you have custom gumps such as green bags you will lose them if you use gumpartlegacyMUL.uop*

Water fix
Fixes pink water tiles farther away from land
(I didn't make this)

contains 1 file:
texmaps.mul
texidx.mul

Current Sallos client
https://uoforum.com/threads/sallos-update.81911/

Last edited by a moderator:

thestand

Grandmaster
Great job!
Any idea if you can fix the wait for timeout pause while using the stealth skill? Thanks.

Tac0bell

Grandmaster
This is great, thanks Blair.

One little thing, using the texmaps.mul file does fix the pink water on Sallos for me, but it makes my client crash with Steam when approaching the brit mono / bridge for some reason?

If I am not the only one with the issue, I have another version of the file, along with a texidx.mul, that doesn't give me the issue while still fixing the pink water. Let me know if it would help.

Ryu Musashi

Master
When i download and save this i cannot open it with my internet explorer. please advice. My Sallos logs me in but it loses connection about 2-3 minutes within everytime.

PekatronIII

Grandmaster
is it just sallos? a friend had same issue when he patched to far from EA.
nope.i have simmilar problem when i try patch client with some treehack mod and some other patch.
When i download and save this i cannot open it with my internet explorer. please advice. My Sallos logs me in but it loses connection about 2-3 minutes within everytime.
try open .rar file with WinRAR
smlpeka.png

D'Sade

Neophyte
I have applied the updates as shown in the instructions , which has successfully fixed a majority of my issues, but I am still seeing ogres for people using talismans. Am I missing something?

Blair

Master
I have applied the updates as shown in the instructions , which has successfully fixed a majority of my issues, but I am still seeing ogres for people using talismans. Am I missing something?

Make sure you use tiledata.mul from the .rar file. That is the file that fixes the ogre appearance in game.