Sallos Update

Scryn

Journeyman
I replaced the data folder and mul files in my Sallos and UO directories. Everything works fine except when I recall to Trinsic roof now I get a full black screen and my client crashes. I have to hop onto Razor to move him out of Trinsic.

kurtis

Grandmaster
I think a lot of the art file updates that Jamie added are not included with these files. Still riding ogres and pink water too.

I didn't see the meta relic ogre issue on the list. It just says that you can now see the 3 listed mounts.

The stealth issue was fixed for me.

I'm not certain what the "static" docks change was supposed to be so I can't comment on that.

Lithium149

Grandmaster
I didn't see the meta relic ogre issue on the list. It just says that you can now see the 3 listed mounts.

The stealth issue was fixed for me.

I'm not certain what the "static" docks change was supposed to be so I can't comment on that.

Is there a fix for the meta mount ogre?

The static issue was implemented at the docks to reduce latency/ping so it apparently doesn't have to load/send a whole ton of extra packets everytime you walk through Brit(or duel/PvP near there).

Hopefully they fix the meta ogre thing, it really looks ugly as shit and practically everyone has a meta talisman and uses Sallos :p

Young Star

Grandmaster
Is there a fix for the meta mount ogre?

The static issue was implemented at the docks to reduce latency/ping so it apparently doesn't have to load/send a whole ton of extra packets everytime you walk through Brit(or duel/PvP near there).

Hopefully they fix the meta ogre thing, it really looks ugly as shit and practically everyone has a meta talisman and uses Sallos :p
I believe @Adam said he brought in all of @Blair 's art updates. I was pretty sure one of the updates Blair mention in his sallos fix thread was the ogre fix. Another was pink water. I am not seeing those.

kurtis

Grandmaster
Ah yes, I get what the issue is now. When I install Jamie's art files, it does indeed fix the ogre issue and pink water issue and all that. But when I use the launcher it auto-updates the files again and it's back to the old art issues. Quite the conundrum. I'm gonna set the launcher's auto updates as off and see if that works.

lollo

Grandmaster
Ah yes, I get what the issue is now. When I install Jamie's art files, it does indeed fix the ogre issue and pink water issue and all that. But when I use the launcher it auto-updates the files again and it's back to the old art issues. Quite the conundrum. I'm gonna set the launcher's auto updates as off and see if that works.

How bout putting those art files in the auto updater?

@Adam

XANAX

Adept
this is the message im getting

System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'PlayUO.Profiles.Config' threw an exception. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at Sallos.XmlPersistanceReader.GetChild()
at PlayUO.Profiles.Config.DeserializeChildren(PersistanceReader ip)
at Sallos.PersistableObject.Deserialize(PersistanceReader ip)
at PlayUO.Profiles.Config.Load()
at PlayUO.Profiles.Config..cctor()
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at PlayUO.Profiles.Preferences.get_Current()
at ‪‬‌‌‌‫‌‮‪‍‎‬‏‭‭‭‍‪‎‮.‍‍‎‬‫‎‍‮‍‎‌‎‬‏‫‭‮‍‮‬‏‫‌‍‮()
at ‪‬‌‌‌‫‌‮‪‍‎‬‏‭‭‭‍‪‎‮.‫‎‌‫‎‫‏‪‌‪‪‮‮‎‮‬‏‬‬‮()

Gonzals9090

this is the message im getting

System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'PlayUO.Profiles.Config' threw an exception. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
My same error . How do you solve ?

XANAX

Adept
i dont know im having to play on razor sallos keeps giving me this error

Last edited by a moderator:

Blair

Master
I believe @Adam said he brought in all of @Blair 's art updates. I was pretty sure one of the updates Blair mention in his sallos fix thread was the ogre fix. Another was pink water. I am not seeing those.

This is incorrect. None of the fixes I made are inherently included in Sallos. You still need to apply them from the thread in my signature. What Adam did was add the docks to my existing Trinsic/Minotaur RDA files so that I wouldn't have to go rebuild that stuff tile by tile. So if you already had the fixes installed, you only needed to update your statics0.mul and staidx0.mul from this thread. If you did not have any of the fixes installed I recommend installing them from the thread in my signature. I will be updating the download file later today with the new statics0.mul and staidx0.mul, but in the mean time you could install everything from my fixes but leave out statics0.mul and staidx0.mul, and then install the version of those files (statics0.mul and staidx0.mul) from this thread to be fully patched.

Lithium149

Grandmaster
This is incorrect. None of the fixes I made are inherently included in Sallos. You still need to apply them from the thread in my signature. What Adam did was add the docks to my existing Trinsic/Minotaur RDA files so that I wouldn't have to go rebuild that stuff tile by tile. So if you already had the fixes installed, you only needed to update your statics0.mul and staidx0.mul from this thread. If you did not have any of the fixes installed I recommend installing them from the thread in my signature. I will be updating the download file later today with the new statics0.mul and staidx0.mul, but in the mean time you could install everything from my fixes but leave out statics0.mul and staidx0.mul, and then install the version of those files (statics0.mul and staidx0.mul) from this thread to be fully patched.

Nice good to know, mind letting us know when the new updated ogre less / pink less water statics0.mul & staidx0.mul are ready would be much appreciated.

Didnt have the ogre fix or pink water fix anyways so not a major rush but would be an amazing QoL patch.

Thanks again Jamiez/Adam for the updates!

Young Star

Grandmaster
Why would all that hard work not get added to UOF's official Sallos download then? Doesn't really make sense to keep them as side patches in a separate thread.

XANAX

Adept
im still getting this error

ystem.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'PlayUO.Profiles.Config' threw an exception. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at ‪‬‌‌‌‫‌‮‪‍‎‬‏‭‭‭‍‪‎‮.‭‫‮‌‏‎‮‫‬‏‫‬‎‭‪‏‌‭‌‏‪‎‪‪‎‎‌‮(String[] )
at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.UnsafeInvokeInternal(Object obj, Object[] parameters, Object[] arguments)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
at System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke(Object obj, Object[] parameters)
at PVzUjviigUEJAUIOiCOmvxWZcpQE.‪‍‬‬‪‪‎‏‭‌‭‎‏‏‫‫‌‏‮(Object , RoutedEventArgs )
at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)
at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args)
at System.Windows.Controls.Button.OnClick()
at System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.ButtonBase.OnMouseLeftButtonUp(MouseButtonEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs.InvokeHandler(Delegate handler, Object target)
at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)
at System.Windows.UIElement.ReRaiseEventAs(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args, RoutedEvent newEvent)
at System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs.InvokeHandler(Delegate handler, Object target)
at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args)
at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseTrustedEvent(RoutedEventArgs args)
at System.Windows.Input.InputManager.ProcessStagingArea()
at System.Windows.Input.InputManager.ProcessInput(InputEventArgs input)
at System.Windows.Input.InputProviderSite.ReportInput(InputReport inputReport)
at System.Windows.Interop.HwndMouseInputProvider.ReportInput(IntPtr hwnd, InputMode mode, Int32 timestamp, RawMouseActions actions, Int32 x, Int32 y, Int32 wheel)
at System.Windows.Interop.HwndMouseInputProvider.FilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, WindowMessage msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
at System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.InputFilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
at MS.Internal.Threading.ExceptionFilterHelper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.LegacyInvokeImpl(DispatcherPriority priority, TimeSpan timeout, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam)
at MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessage(MSG& msg)
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrameImpl(DispatcherFrame frame)
at System.Windows.Application.RunDispatcher(Object ignore)
at System.Windows.Application.RunInternal(Window window)
at ‬‏‌‌‌‮‭‪‪‭‫‌‬‭‭‫‏‪‬‏‎‬‮.‪‮‫‬‮‪‎‬‫‌‮‍‪‌‬‫‎‎‬‮‎‮()

Jibb20

Adept
anyone have the issue of the docks at the pits not showing? when i go throught the gate nothings there and i have to recall out.