Sallos Update

Sin Semilla

Novice
Wow that looks disgustingly messy.

I don't have a solution you are going to like, but I believe the best course of action for all of you with these exception errors to completely un-install, re-install, re-patch all of GM @Blair 's updates first, and lastly patch the updates in this thread last I will try and write out a short step by step for you below.

IF You are getting error's are still unable to solve, this may be your only course of action below;

Please make sure all UO Clients have been shut off, UO Steam, Razor & Sallos for the time being.

Step 1. Uninstall / Re-install Sallos
Step 2. Download & Replace these fixes from GM @Blair
Step 3. Download data.zip extract and replace into Sallos folder over already existing data folder.
Step 4. Download staidx0.zip & statics0.zip, extract and replace these into the main Ultima Online directory. i.e ( C:/Program Files/Electronic Arts/Ultima Online Classic )

Hopefully this helps, if this doesn't solve your issue someone with some more technical experience will have to jump in and take over for me.

I did this but, on my launch I get first message

System.Exception: Unable to create unique file (basePath='data/ultima/logs/playuo', extension='data/ultima/logs/playuo')
at PlayUO.FileManager.CreateUnique(String basePath, String extension)
at PlayUO.Debug.Trace(String Message)
at ‪‬‌‌‌‫‌‮‪‍‎‬‏‭‭‭‍‪‎‮.‍‍‎‬‫‎‍‮‍‎‌‎‬‏‫‭‮‍‮‬‏‫‌‍‮()
at ‪‬‌‌‌‫‌‮‪‍‎‬‏‭‭‭‍‪‎‮.‫‎‌‫‎‫‏‪‌‪‪‮‮‎‮‬‏‬‬‮()

Second message

System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.Exception: Unable to create unique file (basePath='data/ultima/logs/playuo', extension='data/ultima/logs/playuo')
at PlayUO.FileManager.CreateUnique(String basePath, String extension)
at PlayUO.Debug.Trace(String Message)
at ‪‬‌‌‌‫‌‮‪‍‎‬‏‭‭‭‍‪‎‮.‍‍‎‬‫‎‍‮‍‎‌‎‬‏‫‭‮‍‮‬‏‫‌‍‮()
at ‪‬‌‌‌‫‌‮‪‍‎‬‏‭‭‭‍‪‎‮.‫‎‌‫‎‫‏‪‌‪‪‮‮‎‮‬‏‬‬‮()
at ‪‬‌‌‌‫‌‮‪‍‎‬‏‭‭‭‍‪‎‮.‭‫‮‌‏‎‮‫‬‏‫‬‎‭‪‏‌‭‌‏‪‎‪‪‎‎‌‮(String[] )
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.UnsafeInvokeInternal(Object obj, Object[] parameters, Object[] arguments)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
at System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke(Object obj, Object[] parameters)
at PVzUjviigUEJAUIOiCOmvxWZcpQE.‪‍‬‬‪‪‎‏‭‌‭‎‏‏‫‫‌‏‮(Object , RoutedEventArgs )
at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)
at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args)
at System.Windows.Controls.Button.OnClick()
at System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.ButtonBase.OnMouseLeftButtonUp(MouseButtonEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs.InvokeHandler(Delegate handler, Object target)
at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)
at System.Windows.UIElement.ReRaiseEventAs(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args, RoutedEvent newEvent)
at System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs.InvokeHandler(Delegate handler, Object target)
at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args)
at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseTrustedEvent(RoutedEventArgs args)
at System.Windows.Input.InputManager.ProcessStagingArea()
at System.Windows.Input.InputProviderSite.ReportInput(InputReport inputReport)
at System.Windows.Interop.HwndMouseInputProvider.ReportInput(IntPtr hwnd, InputMode mode, Int32 timestamp, RawMouseActions actions, Int32 x, Int32 y, Int32 wheel)
at System.Windows.Interop.HwndMouseInputProvider.FilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, WindowMessage msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
at System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.InputFilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
at MS.Internal.Threading.ExceptionFilterHelper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.LegacyInvokeImpl(DispatcherPriority priority, TimeSpan timeout, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam)
at MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessage(MSG& msg)
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrameImpl(DispatcherFrame frame)
at System.Windows.Application.RunInternal(Window window)
at ‬‏‌‌‌‮‭‪‪‭‫‌‬‭‭‫‏‪‬‏‎‬‮.‪‮‫‬‮‪‎‬‫‌‮‍‪‌‬‫‎‎‬‮‎‮()

Now when I try to open Sallos it immediately shows 'Connection Lost'

Lithium149

Grandmaster
All I did was uninstalled uo, deleted the EA folder, opened the UOForever launcher and updated what was available closed it and performed the steps on page one and the issue was resolved.

You still need to have a working copy of Ultima Online in the C:/Program Files/Electronic Arts/Ultima Online directory.

Sallos still uses those files, and is installed into its own seperate folder.

1. Install and update Ultima Online Client.

2. Install Sallos to it's own folder, in your personal folder, or directly onto the desktop.

3. Download GM Blairs Fixes, follow his thread and steps to locate them into your UO Directory. i.e ( C:/Program Files/Electronic Arts/Ultima Online Classic )

4. Download Adam's new fix located in the original post, I believe you replace the data folder within your SALLOS directory.

5. Download staidx0.zip & statics0.zip, extract and replace these into the main Ultima Online directory. i.e ( C:/Program Files/Electronic Arts/Ultima Online Classic )

6. Get back to playing UO.

Nakor

Expert
Sallos has received a small update:

-Sallos will no longer block you after x amount of steps while stealthing.
-Sallos will now show mounts such as the rideable wolf, hiryu and charger of the fallen.
-The sallos static files have been updated. The docks have been turned into a static to reduce lag in that area.

Here is a link to our sallos downloads. The updates are located in data.zip. Just paste it over your old data folder. The statics updates are located in staidx0.zip and statics0.zip and need to be pasted in your Ultima Online folder.

**********THE OLD VERSION OF SALLOS WILL NO LONGER WORK**********

http://www.uoforever.com/patches/Sallos/

Here are some sallos fixes provided by our PvP staff coordinator Jamie

http://www.uoforever.com/patches//Sallos/Sallos fixes 1.3.zip

Any help with this?

http://www.uoforum.com/threads/sallos-error-message.84713/

Psyc420

Master
@Adam What does this gibberish mean?
System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'PlayUO.Hues' threw an exception. ---> System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'C:\ProgramData\Sallos\Ultima Online\Cache\Hues' is denied.
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
at PlayUO.Hues..cctor()
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at PlayUO.Hues.Load(Int32 hueId)
at Injection.Seed.MainA()
at Injection.Seed.Initialize()

Chesty Puller

Grandmaster
havn't been on in around 3 months and can't figure the fix for sallos, anyone up for a quick skype to help me get this figured out? Pleasseeeee

Psyc420

Master
havn't been on in around 3 months and can't figure the fix for sallos, anyone up for a quick skype to help me get this figured out? Pleasseeeee
Here bro watch this it's what helped me. Hope it helps.:)
After that just make sure to follow the last three steps in the First page of this thread. Also make sure your UOF launcher dosn't auto update and you sould be good to go.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chesty Puller

Grandmaster
Here bro watch this it's what helped me. Hope it helps.:)
After that just make sure to follow the last three steps in the First page of this thread. Also make sure your UOF launcher dosn't auto update and you sould be good to go.
Thanks man, got it figured out with help from Gluttony

Mayor

Apprentice
i have downloaded all the files and added them to sallos launcher folder, sallos forever login opens fine but when I acutally login it just closes the program. have deleated files and tried this 3 times all ending in the same result

Psyc420

Master
i have downloaded all the files and added them to sallos launcher folder, sallos forever login opens fine but when I acutally login it just closes the program. have deleated files and tried this 3 times all ending in the same result
If i was you id delete all Sallos files and UOF launcher and start from scratch. Watch this video it does it step by step for you.

PS. Also after you follow the OP last three steps just make sure that the launcher dosn't auto update.

Editi: Make sure to also have the UO Classic files updated before downloading the UOF launcher.

PekatronIII

Grandmaster
Have all files too and salos login opens fine too but ....
What this mean?

Found my mistake.( I copy data.zip in main uo folder )

Step 1: Download data.zip extract and replace into Sallos folder over already existing data folder.

Step 2: Download staidx0.zip & statics0.zip, extract and replace these into the main Ultima Online directory. i.e ( C:/Program Files/Electronic Arts/Ultima Online Classic )

Step 3: Get back to playing.

@Big D @Sticky Whitefly try this guys ^